.01

for him.

 


 

“I’m probably going to die alone.”

Taeyong's sudden outburst startled the hell out of the rest of the dance club, the members looking to him in shock. Taeyong who was the school's cold reserved disciplinary committee leader,  feared by a majority of the school and spent most of his time hanging around the delinquents of dance club, was now fretting over being alone?

“What the are you on?” Ten sent a disinterested look from the other side of the studio. “I really hope you aren't high, because I will be disappointed that you smoked my .”

Taeyong ignored him to sigh. “No one will ever like me. I'm going to die alone with two dogs and a hamster. Everyone, besides you freaks, is afraid of me.”

“You now realize this Mr. Delinquent Disciplinary Committee Leader?” Ten seemed to be in a bad mood so no one commented. Taeyong decided to skip sending a snappy remark back. “You have the face of a delinquent, no matter how pretty you look. Hell, you are a delinquent hanging around a bunch of other bad kids who do nothing but up and skip class to dance. I honestly don't know what else you were expecting.”

Yuta made a disapproving sound in the back of his throat. “What he's trying to say is that hanging out with us and being the dcl doesn't exactly help your image, but you're likable. We like you.”

Taeyong rolled his eyes. “You have to be smoking some really hard to like me. Or be on the verge of insanity. Or both.”

“Hey I stopped smoking like six months ago for soccer and I'm pretty sane.” Yuta countered, not wanting to have his past continue to group him with the rest. As much as he loved his friends, soccer came first.

“Is it because prom's coming up?” Johnny looked up from his laptop, taking out his earbud. Music was audible from his earbuds, which made Yuta shake his head. “You don't have to bring a date you know, just go with the rest of us. A bit over dramatic with the ‘no will ever love me’ .”

Ten scoffed, shoving Johnny's shoulder. “Says the one with practically anybody you could ever want in line for your ing .”

“What's with Ten today? , did the council finally find his stuff? I told your dumb that the apes class will find your cultivation at some point.” Yuta groaned when Ten chucked his chemistry book at him, hitting his shoulder.

No, I did not get caught. I'm not a ing dip like you.” Ten grinded out, slapping Johnny's hand away when it came up to pat his head.

“Princess here is trying to avoid recognizing his feelings for a ing goodie goodie. An ap environmental science geek.” Ten screeched, tackling the older male. A mess of arms and legs and one Yuta (stressing about how he really wishes he had better friends as he broke them apart) later, Johnny laughed like he didn't just engage in a cat fight. “But nah. I'm Mark’s backup date in case he gets rejected by the girl he likes. Foreign Swaggers man.”

“He's an astrophysics geek, get it right.” Ten mumbled, now sitting next to Yuta. He started to pout like a little kid who has to sit next to the teacher for creating too much trouble. “But Tae, if it bothers you so much, why don't you just ask someone yourself? Or just not go?”

Taeyong shook his head. “Nah, its my last year. I have to go. My sister wants pictures of my non existent love life, but I don't know who to ask. Well, there’s someone I could ask, but I probably shouldn’t ask them.”

“One of your friends?” Yuta questioned, playing with a pouty Ten’s hair. “Someone from the student committee? You have to know someone there.”

Johnny snapped his fingers, “Oh, why not someone from the student council? You're basically part of it anyway as dcl. You spend fourth period there with them in leadership room don't you?” Ten's head snapped to Johnny, his hair slipping from Yuta's fingers as he glared at his best friend. “Don't worry Princess, I doubt Taeyong is going to ask out a second year, let alone your crush.”

Taeyong hummed before getting up, brushing the dust off his pants. Speaking of fourth period, the break bell starts to ring. Johnny and Yuta grabbed their bags and left the room to head to their classes; Yuta planned on skipping his next class to bother his friend and Johnny to history.

Ten packed up his bag and walked along side Taeyong as they left the room, locking the door. It occurred to Taeyong what he was doing when he heard the door click and Ten shuffled next to him, stuffing the keys on the end of his wallet chain back into his front pocket.

“Don't you have a free period right now?” Taeyong wasn't really asking a question, more curious than confused. He knew Ten's schedule and the latter normally took a nap in the club room.

“My friend is in the student council,” was his quiet reply and they weaved their way through the busy halls. Quickly enough, they arrived at the student council room and as Taeyong opened the door, Jaehyun stood on the other side, hand on the door as well.

“Oh, Taeyong. I was just leaving, excuse me.” Jaehyun slid past them, and Ten muttered a simple That was weird before they entered.

Taeil was sitting at the main desk, a large circular table on the side of the classroom, used for debates, meetings and discussions. The vice president, Doyoung if Taeyong remembered correctly, was standing by the window, looking outside and Ten tottered over to the vice, voice low when he reached him. Taeyong took the seat next to the President, taking the stack of papers next to him and moves into the process of sorting the papers. He normally helped Taeil, making this situation more like second nature than anything.

Ten sent him a curious look that quickly switched back to disinterest before he and Doyoung left to the apes classroom.

Taeyong thought back to what Johnny had said earlier as he sat in the quiet of the room, their breathing and the rustling of papers comforting. He only knew one person out of the whole student board, Taeil, but he didn't know whether the chance of their system getting awkward - knowing them two - was worth a chance at getting a prom date.

Taeyong opened his mouth in the end, towards the end of the period after they were done sorting the papers on the desk and Taeil was up by the hot water boiler, making them tea. “Hey Taeil, you going to the last formal?”

Taeil nodded, throwing the tea bags away. “Yeah, since it's our last event as seniors, two teaspoons of sugar?”

The younger hummed, slightly hesitant before he said “You should go to the formal with me. As my date.”

“What no extravagant promposal?” The older joked, but after a beat of Taeyong's silence Taeil whipped his head to Taeyong with wide eyes and almost dropped the cup he was holding. “What? Wait, you're serious?”

“Yeah. Go with me to the formal.” Taeyong responded confidently, walking over to lean against the wall next Taeil. Things were going well, seeing that Taeil hadn’t ran away yet.

“Aren't you supposed to go with the person you like?” Taeil stuttered out, laughing nervously. It made Taeyong happy honestly, able to fluster the President like he did.

"Well, not really. I don't think so.”

Taeil sent him a confused look, handing his cup of tea to him. “Don't you normally go out with them or something? Don't ask me, I don't know anything about that stuff.”

“Then go out with me.” Taeyong said bluntly. Taeil choked on his tea. The silver haired male patted him on the back until he resurfaced.

“I don’t think that's how it works.”

Taeyong shrugged, liking the pink flush on his friend. He grinned a bit, stepping up closer to him.

Ten and Doyoung chose this moment to walk in, with very little space between the two. Taeyong was leaning down towards Taeil - mainly out of habit, but anyone who didn’t know Taeyong wouldn't know that - and Taeil was almost fever red. Doyoung blinked at that them once, twice before he said “I'm sorry for the interruption, we're gonna, um, go make out bye.” and became even more flustered at his statement, throwing Ten off. Ten ended up closing the door, holding back a laugh, either from Doyoung or what he heard Taeyong say, or maybe both.

“I don't know.” Taeil said, drawing Taeyong's attention back. “About dating. How does that stuff even work? Like, we don’t really talk outside of this room, so wouldn’t it be a bit sudden? You probably don’t even like me.”

Taeyong didn’t really know how to react, seeing as he had never been in this kind of situation before so instead, he quickly tried to find some scene in the films they watched together. Who else would he be able to ask about this. “I can start by taking you on the date. Saterday.”

Taeil only flushed red as he started to nod, so quickly Taeyong thought his head was going to pop off. Taeyong finished drinking his tea, throwing away the styrofoam cup and grabbed his bag. He pulled out a pen and post it, scribbling down his number before he stuck it to Taeil’s forehead.

“Text me.”

 


 

First chapter yo, ill probably update in a month idk