Strangers

Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tiffany woke up when a gentle beam of sunlight illuminated her face. She opened her sleepy eyes and looked at the glass window.

 

Ah, what a beautiful day!

 

With a smile on her lips, she sat up while stretching her arms as wide as she can. Much to her surprise, her bed feels a bit stuffy that morning.

 

“OMO!”

 

She managed to bolt up within a split second. Who wouldn’t be horrified to see a random guy sleeping on your own bed? And not only that, there’s also a little girl lying between them.

 

“W-who are these people?” She asked herself. Her foot suddenly stepped on a squeaky rubber toy that looked like a frog, breaking silence in the bedroom. "Aaah!"

 

Taeyeon stirred when he heard a shriek.  "You woke up early." He rubbed his eyes and saw the pretty lady staring at him. She looks lovely on her pink nightgown; it complemented her fair skin and pretty face so well. He couldn’t help but smile at the lovely sight. “Good morning, beautiful.”

 

Oh my God! He’s awake! What would I do now? Should I scream for help? Tiffany slowly walked backward to keep a safe distance from the stranger. "Who are you?!” She was rather horrified to see him smile.

 

“I knew you’d ask.” He chuckled while looking at her with loving eyes. “I’m your husband.”

 

“ANDWAE!” She exclaimed. “That’s impossible!” Last night she went straight home after a stressful day at work, ate ramyun for dinner, and slept. “NO WAY!” She searched for a weapon to defend herself just in case he attacks her, but she ended up picking the rubber froggy. “You THIEF!” Just like a baseball pitcher, she threw the object with all her might.

 

The toy squeaked when it hit the guy’s head. “Ow!” He bent in pain while covering his face with his hands. “That hurts!”

 

What to do? What to do? He might harm her big time. "Leave! O-or I'll call the cops!” Tiffany stuttered while looking for her phone, but it was on the side table near the guy. Unfortunately.

 

“Mommy, why are you so loud?” A cute tiny voice said; it’s from the little girl who just woke up. Her adorable eyes shone like little gems under the ray of light.

 

She shook her head vehemently. “I’m not your mother.” Her thoughts got more confused with what the child said. “Who EXACTLY are you people? And what do you want from me?”

 

Taeyeon carried the little girl. “We are your family. I am Taeyeon; your husband. And she is our lovely daughter.” The two slowly approached her with smiles on their faces. “Seohyunie, why don’t we give Mommy a good morning kiss?”

 

The little girl nodded. “Neh, Appa.”

 

“No!” Tiffany quickly ran out of the bedroom and headed straight to the kitchen. This is a nightmare! I must wake up! She slapped her cheeks but it didn’t work. Maybe a splash could help! Her hands quickly grabbed a pitcher from the fridge. She closed her eyes and poured cold water on her head, allowing it to flow all the way to her feet. Come on! Wake up! The pitcher ran empty, her body was soaking wet, and the kitchen floor was a mess. Something caught her eyes when she closed the fridge. There were lots of pictures attached to it; all showing happy images of her and the strangers on her bed. She felt somewhat bare within; it was not a nightmare at all. So this is real? She sat on a wooden chair and stared off to space.

 

“Oh, look at you.” Taeyeon came with Seohyun in his arms. “I’ll get you a towel.”

 

The child touched her father’s cheeks. “Appa, I want to sit beside Mommy.”

 

“Arasso.” He carefully helped Seohyun to take a seat beside the pretty lady. “Just stay there. You might slip on the floor.”

 

She looked at the little person next to her. The child had chubby cheeks, milky white skin, and a cute nose; probably inherited from her father. How could it be possible that she’s her daughter?

 

Seohyun could sense someone eyeing her. “Mommy…” Her doe eyes turned into cute crescents when she smiled.

 

Tiffany found those smiling eyes familiar. She had seen it before, but she can't point a finger when or where. “Do you think I’m your mother? Like, for real?"

 

“Yes. Really. Yesterday, you even told me you love me and Appa very much. We also played with my toy froggy, Sergeant Keroro.”

 

Taeyeon returned and wrapped a towel around Tiffany’s shoulders. “Please don’t do that again, you might get sick.”

 

“Kamsahamnida.” She spoke nonchalantly and proceeded at the bathroom to fix herself.

 

-----

 

Taeyeon made breakfast just in time. With a little help from Seohyun, they cooked sausages, cheese omelette, and French toast.

 

“Mommy, we prepared your favorites.” The child took Tiffany’s hand and led her to the dining table.

 

She was delighted to see delicious food on the table. “How did you know these are my favorites?”

 

“That’s because I’m your husband.” The guy pulled a chair for her.

 

Seohyun looked at the adults beside her while they were eating. She stirred a bit and whispered to Taeyeon. “Mommy always ask a lot of questions."

 

“You’ll understand when you grow up.” He turned to his daughter and wiped her small lips.

 

What are they talking about? I need to know why they’re with me. She remained quiet throughout the meal as she was preoccupied with lots of thoughts. Now I have an instant family of three. The father-daughter duo had similar eating habits, and it was nice to see that the little girl already learned proper table manners.

 

“Seohyun, why don’t you watch TV with Mommy while I wash the dishes?” Taeyeon wore a pair of dishwashing gloves after cleaning the table.

 

The little girl hugged Tiffany. “Mommy?”

 

Seeing the child’s puppy eyes made her heart flutter. “S-sure.” Her soft spot for children was her weakness.

 

“Mommy, Appa likes this very much.” Seohyun showed her a small disk. “Let’s watch.” The kid knew how to manipulate gadgets at such a young age. “Appa taught me how to use this.” She proudly stated. Upon reaching the sofa, the little girl laid her head on Tiffany’s lap.

 

She was surprised when Seohyun did that. It was too late when she realized her fingers were running through the child’s long hair. Having done so made her heart feel warm and at ease.

 

The disk turned out to be a collection of Taeyeon's personal videos.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Taeyeon imnida. And this, is my family’s story.”

 

It started off with a short clip of him and his bride kissing before the guests on their wedding day. Both looked so excited, so giddy... so in love.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter