A little Outing

Just One More Bite

A/N: So I know it's been a while for those that actually read this story. I actually forgot I even wrote this lol. Don't worry I plan to continue this story. Can't promise how long this story will be but I will continue it. And I have school and a life so I can't update this a lot. I should be able to update more starting from the middle of May. So I hope you enjoy this chapter!

 

Sierra woke up feeling just as annoyed as when she went to sleep. It was all that stupid warlock's fault. She couldn't believe the amount of disrespect that Lay showed. She looked at her clock noting that it was nigt time. For the first time in decades she dreaded the dark. That fact that it was night indicated that Lay would be coming back soon. Sierra knew that there was no way of her avoiding him. Even if she was to pack up and leave she didn't put it past him to find her. In fact, she didn't know anything about him. She was just an ordinary vampire so he easily knew her abilities. She didn't know anything about his abilites and that's concerning. Sierra finally forced herself to get out of bed and to the fridge where she could get some blood. She sipped in blissfully trying to will her worries away.

"You almost look graceful." Lay commented appearing beind her. Sierra almost choked on her blood in surprise. Lay laughed at her. Sierra turned around quickly and glared. "What now you abomination?" She sneered. "Oh nothing. I just wanted my presence to be known." "I could've done without it." "Whatever. Lets go on a walk." Lay suggested. Sierra instantly declined. "Oh come on now. Don't you want more blood? And isn't this your 'sacred' space? Wouldn't you want me to leave?" Lay asked. Sierra bit her lip in fustration. He had a point. After a good minute of silence she gave in. "Fine. Let's go." As soon as they both exited Sierra's home Lay gripped her hand.

Sierra was once again on edge. "What are you doing?' She asked slowly. "Nothing much. If you want to be human and blend in then the best thing to do is act like a couple." Lay explained. "OR we can act like two friends that actual enjoy being around each other." "We're already like that." Sierra wanted to scream. It's as if he didn't hear himself. There was no way that she could be friends with him. They both ended up with walking around town hand in hand much to Sierra's dismay. 

"So what do you want? You got me out alone and you know I can't attempt anything with all these humans around What are you after?' Sierra finally asked Lay. There was no way a warlock didn't want something from her. A friend was definitely not it. Lay kept his eyes forward and wore an amused expression as he spoke. "There has been a lot of killings lately with plently of bodies popping up. The thing is that they have all have fang marks on them. You wouldn't happen to know anything about them, would you?"

Sierra scoffed. Of course he wanted information. "As if I would be so sloppy. Don't insult me." She growled. Lay chuckled. "Yes I can see that's not particularly your style." "Any other questions Mr. Warlock?" Lay stayed quiet. He wanted to ask her if she has seen THEM but he didn't trust her enough for that. The fact that this hunt is happening should be kept quiet. He didn't need THEM getting away. Sierra looked at Lay as he was lost in thought. It was a wonder that he could get serious. So far he's been nothing but a tease.

Out of the corner of his eye, Lay noticed Sierra staring. "Like what you see?" He asked her. Sierra squeezed his hand in embarrassment. "What? I was just seeing how long it would take you to come back to reality." She defended trying to play it off. Of course Lay saw right through her but didn't say anything. They kept walking until they were out of human sight. "That was refreshing." Lay commented. "To you maybe." Sierra replied. Sierra actually did enjoy this little walk they had. After all outdoors was her enjoyable habitat.

"I decided to answer a question of yours. I mean you did answer mines." Lay offered. Sierra already knew what she wanted to ask. It's been othering her since they've met. "What did you do to me yesterday?" She asked. "Oh nothing special." Lay knew that he was annoying Sierra but that's what made it fun. "That little trick left me helpless! Now tell me what you did!" As soon as she said that her body felt weaker. It was better than last time but she still felt it. 

"My power is to heal. I just healed you. You are naturally a corpse that needs blood to function. When I heal you I am taking away that blood weakening you." Lay explained. Sierra nodded mutely and looked at their clasped hands. To her, he had a deadly power. He could literally end her life with just a touch. She wasn't sure if she should let go of his hand or not. Lay sensing her discomfort unclasped their hand. "Don't worry. I won't hurt you unless you give me a reason to. As I said I wanted to be friends."

"Yeah I got that....but why?" Sierra asked confused. She was really conflicted. On one hand she wanted to run because she knew he could hurt her. On the other hand she wanted to stay because if Lay wanted to hurt her he would have done so already. "Morbid curiosity I guess. You're the first vampire I have met to have the guts to talk to me like you do. Maybe it's because you don't know who I am." He replied. "Who are you then?" Lay chuckled and moved to pat her head. Sierra flinched. "That's a question for another time." Sierra had enough excitement for one night and wanted to leave.

She wanted to occupy herself in er little graveyard. Lay asked her about dinner but she replied that she had enough for her in the fridge. Lay didn't say anything, just walked her home. Once she got there Sierra felt relieved. Now hopefully Lay would leave her alone. Just as she turned around to speak Lay spoke first. "Drink my blood." He told her. Sierra was caught off gaurd. This was very sudden. "I told you that I'm fine. And why would I stoop so low as to drink from you?"

"That is a different approach from yesterday." Lay teased. "Oh shut up. I didn't know you were supernatural. I expected you to die not live just to annoy me." She said annoyed. Lay dugged his nails into his arm until he drew blood. Sierra's eyes glowed and twitched. "You know it's more satisfying to drink from someone. Just do it." Lay and Sierra locked eyes for about 10 seconds before Sierra hesitantly moved to Lay's arm. She took a huge bite and drunk from Lay. Even though she was embarrassed about doing this, her need for blood overpowered that emotion.

Lay watched Sierra curiously. It was almost addicting to watch her in this state. Once Sierra felt she had enough she let go of him with a flushed face. "No need to be embarrassed." Lay told her as he healed himself. Sierra pressed the switch to open the pasage way to her house. "Good bye you annoying warlock." "I'll be seeing you later you beautiful vampire." Sierra scoffed and went inside leaving Lay outside. Oh how lucky she is that she didn't have a heart. Otherwise it would be beating out of her chest.