Friends

Someone Like You

Min ah :

The bell rang signaling the end of another busy school day, I glanced outside and watched as the first drops of rain fell "teacher? " a small voice caught my attention, little yeri, stood in front of me smiling, I smiled back "how can I help you, yeri? "

"I wanted to ask you about the project you gave us today" she was hesitant 

"What about it? "

"You pared me with Taeyong and he's... "She trailed of

"Not quite responsive to shared tasks? " she nodded "I tried so befriend him before and he closed off on me, I can't imagine working with him and do a good job" I looked over at taeyong who was sorting his school bag calmly unfazed by the loud entourage he was in. 

"  The yeri I know doesn't give up easily, am I wrong?"I smiled and saw the look on yeri's face she was considering her options "Alright I'll try my best to make this work out !" she said holding her hand for a shake, I laughed and took the exchanged hand. 

Taeyong

Class finally ended, it's not like I hate school or I'm a dumb person, I am just not interested, my one and only passion is music even though it is too painful to hold on it... My brother used to say to me "music is the language of the soul" I guess he was right I'm too hurt and angry to give any good music...my soul can't express itself anymore... 

"Taeyong wait! Wait for me" the girl form my class, came running towards me, she'll probably bug me about the project that was given to us.. God I need patience. As I stopped and turned around abruptly, yeri came fastly and she collided with my chest, I held her as she was out of breath "hey calm a little bit.. "She took a deep breath, holding her hand up and pointing at my chest "we have to work together it might not be joyful to you but it is what it is " what a curious girl, is she angry?  I let go of her and she stepped back crossing her arms" listen, I'm inviting you to my house this weekend so we can work together, my dad's library has many good history books... So you're in no questions,I'll send you my address give me your number now! " she talks too fast and loud for her small self, I sigh, I'll just give what she wants might as well be this part of me acting normal. 

Min ah :

The next day at school, while working in the school library I found taeyong in the history aisle I leaned against the shelves and I smiled amused at the look of confusion he had on his face "are you by any chance lost? " he was a bit startled by my appearance "I'm trying to find some informations for the project you gave us " I smiled wider, he averted eye contact "don't be too happy, I am doing this to get rid of annoying yeri" I got closer grabbed a book from a higher shelve "this one should be a good start " gave him the book "yeri is a good girl, be nice to her, I know you're a nice boy too".

Taeyong 

I came home to loud screams, my parents fighting again, they didn't even notice me coming in and as I was going up to my room I froze at my dad's words 

"Taeyong's brother died and he was our eldest, don't you think I've paid enough of my debt? They took him away "

My mom followed back "an eye for an eye, you should go to the police.. You have no choice! "

"I didn't kill the girl on purpose, it was an accident, oh God what have I done? "

 

Kill a girl? I felt sick again... What are you hiding, father?