Dull Life

Someone Like You

      No one's place in this world is guaranteed. Not everyone is going to get a happy ending. But life isn't about how it ends, it's about the moments between It's about the small things… Love, friendship, sadness, happiness, those life-changing feelings as simple as they can appear for some of us it is  what make our humain life worth living ,vibrant, stimulating…And at one point when it gets messy with pain and loneliness we need a hand to take us through it like breathing the fresh air after being drown into dark, cold water for a while. We feel alive, ready to face the ugliest creepiest monsters out there, but what if we are too afraid to take that extanded hand? That single chance ? I’ve always been trapped in a perfect life drawn for me by my entourage, perfect job, over controlling but loving parents, the sweetest fiancées so I learnt to chose the safe, safe is good…but is this what life is about ?

 From the outside, everything is ok. My teaching career going smooth –being a homeroom teacher at only 25 – was indeed an accomplishment, my soon to be husband is the most perfect man I know: handsome, hardworking and oh so loving. I made my father the famous doctor and mother who was once a great teacher proud and I actually took this path –teaching- because of mother, she wanted to create a replica of her in me pushing me to be the daughter she never was… but it’s not me,the real me in hiding somewhere in my subconscient looking for a chance that maybe would never come.

I felt through the last years and especially since I’ve started teaching a big emptiness as if my life is goalless , constantly in search of a great noble cause to pursue so when I met him that little lost boy I knew that I had to help him .this was what I waited for so long to come. The chance came in the form of a delinquent boy who has been expelled from several schools due to bad behavior.

Lee taeyong came to my class at the begging of the year, I remember the grumpy face he had as if he didn’t want to be here and I understand him so well ,who wants to attend a boring history class ? Even I didn’t want to! He was a handsome teenager and I was sure if he wanted he’ll make many acquaintances in this school but I knew he wouldn’t want to mingle with his mates for now.

“Today we’ll have a new student! “ I cheered up, my students got pretty excited and curious .I could hear some whispers here and there .the door opened and an angel faced boy came in, frowning, looking kind of angry. He stood facing the class, close to my desk. “welcome , I’m professor  oh Min-ah .please introduce yourself” not smiling a bit ,he bowed and spook with a morose voice “ lee taeyong , please take care of me “ my students stirred at his greeting but he kept his serious face ,smiling I pointed to a seat in the back of the class next to yeri – my sweetest students- “ taeyong go sit in the back so we can start the class “ he obeyed ,head down ,avoiding eye contact with whoever stared at him  . He got me curious but I moved on with the class I will probably know more about him in the near future, I was confident I would.

Taeyong

I hate this, pretending to care while I don’t. I know I’ll be gone before the end of the semester, why care while I don’t intend to stay. I’ll sit where I am told to ,I’ll stay quit ,keep pretending everything is ok ..Head down, I try to bloc to outside world while scribbling down some notes on my music notebook, ironically, my only friend in this world is this notebook . I hear the girl next to me talking, what was her name again? Yeri.

“hum are you a musician ? “ I stay quit and move a little in my chair maybe to get further away from her .I hate human contact.

“ I play piano too and guitar. Sometimes I compose songs, would you like to hang out after school ? I will show you my music room “ what do I care ? Leave me alone, she keeps babbling “my dad made it for me it’s …”

“Kim Yeri ? “ saved by the teacher ,the girl stammer when all the eyes in class are on her “ y-y-yes ? “

Min-ah

I cross my arms at the shy girl “ is there something you want to discuss with us ? Maybe talk about the Goryeo dynasty and participate in the lesson? “I knew she was just curious as much I am about the new student so I let go of the matter and turned back to the board writing the summary.

I didn’t get the chance to see taeyong after class because one of my students had some points to discuss with me.

During the lunch break I sat with Luna at the school cafeteria talking or gossiping as she likes to do “did u know principal kim’s older daughter is going to get married with a cheabol ? “ I smiled faking interest “really? Happy for her “she shook her head putting down her spoon “aren’t you envious? well you are already engaged to an awesome man “ I laughed “ you have no idea “.from the corner of my eyes I saw the new student ,no taeyong coming in alone and sitting purposely I guess on an empty table, luna followed my gaze “ ah the new student  “ she exclaimed ,she got closer whispering to me “ do you know his story ? “ I focused back on her , for once she got me interested “ he is the son of a wealthy couple but they recently lost their elder son who was killed by a mysterious person “ she gazed at taeyong before continuing “ they say he was stabbed to death ,poor thing, so for his security the youner one of them is being transferred schools frequently “ I was chocked at the amount of information I got but it can be gossips too “ I thought he was a delinquent student that’s why he kept changing schools “ luna shook her head “ he is a bad student , I knew it just by looking at his grades but this story is true principal kim told me about it actually “ I looked at taeyong with sadness, it must be hard dealing with those problems when one is as young as him.

Taeyong :

I have this piece of music stuck in my head but I can’t it get right on my guitar, for days I kept trying to in vain. I glance around the cafeteria and see all the happy chatting, those teens  disgust me.

“Do you like it here?” the teacher from earlier I can’t remember her name – I have a problems with my memory- I don’t say a word, she sits and put her lunch plate. I focus my gaze on the snack distributer avoiding any eye contact maybe she’ll go if I ignore her.

“You feel out of place, don’t you? “  the question startled me , I turned to look at her face and something in her eyes felt familiar .was she lost too ?

“eh?” I felt confused

“like an outsider watching the world …your classmates ,teachers are all strangers and you just make efforts to put up with them “ she seemed absent like she was talking more to herself than me “ how do you it? “ she got me interested ,she came back from whereever she was and smiled “ I just wanted you to know that if you need anything I’ll always help “ she avoided my question …strange ,she stood up gave me a wild grin and disappeared between the students. 

how can she voice out my deepest thoughts ?

she got me interested...

 

                                                                                                      

 

 

with love houtafifistories :*