chapter 4

Love Sandwiches
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

two things. one - my family went on a surprise vacation and that's why this took me so long to update. my apologies.

two - idk how i feel about this chapter. i tried to get it out as soon as i could because i knew id already waited too long to update. pls let me know how you feel?? i knew i wanted a fight + jealous baekhyun and it's gonna get resolved in a cute way next chapter, don't worry:) 

“So, like, a double date?”

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes, but Baekhyun doesn’t miss the way his cheeks turn the slightest bit red. “No, not like a double date. As far from a double date as possible. Me and Jongin aren’t, we aren’t even-“

Baekhyun raises a hand to interrupt him. “Please, Kyungsoo. Save it for someone you actually have a chance of convincing.”

Kyungsoo glares and reaches over to punch Baekhyun on the shoulder, but Baekhyun leans back just in time. Kyungsoo leans back in his chair and stews, arms crossing over his chest. It makes Baekhyun laugh.

“Well if it’s a date because of me and Jongin then that means it’s a double date because of you and Sehun. That’s what you said after all,” Kyungsoo points out angrily. Well, he isn’t wrong. Baekhyun didn’t look that much into his joke though, mostly just wanting to rile up Kyungsoo, who is too oblivious to his own feelings.

Because the very thought of him and Sehun going on a date is so funny that he almost laughs then and there. He’s almost certain the boy would not only make him pay for everything, but also take the time to insult him at every opportunity. If the past two days showed anything, it’s that Sehun regretted even showing a sliver of emotion in their little coffee shop moment, compensating for opening up (with just his favorite color, really, it’s not like Baekhyun knows his whole life story) by steadfastly staying in his room ever since it happened.

Baekhyun had actually asked if he wanted to come out and meet Kyungsoo with him for breakfast, hoping the lure of a third party would make it more likely. Sehun still hadn’t agreed. So here he is, antagonizing Kyungsoo all by himself.

Maybe it’s that – the promise of Jongin being there as well, and Baekhyun knows Sehun and Jongin are really close and Sehun wouldn’t turn down time spent with him – that makes him agree to Kyungsoo’s proposal of them all going out to a bar tonight.

Kyungsoo seems surprised when Baekhyun says yes. “Really?”

“Sure, why not?” Baekhyun shrugs. University starts too soon and he’s long overdue on going out with friends like this. He won’t get the same opportunities once school starts. Might as well take them as he gets them, while he’s still getting them at all.

“And Sehun’ll come too?” Kyungsoo asks after a moment. Baekhyun grins. Kyungsoo may or may not realize his own puppy-love for Jongin, or the way it makes him so nervous as to want as much company as possible to come on something as simple as a night out. Either way, Baekhyun finds it hilarious.

“Yeah. I’ll get him to come.”

Kyungsoo looks doubtful. “Really? That easily?”

Baekhyun scoffs. “Kyungsoo. You underestimate my abilities in the area of Sehun.”

.

“Absolutely not.”

Baekhyun frowns, crossing his arms. “Why not? Give me one good reason.”

Sehun doesn’t look up from his phone. “I’ll give you more than one if you need it. For starters, I am not third-wheeling on some date between Kyungsoo and Jongin.”

“Ha! So you think it’s a date too!”

Sehun looks up at Baekhyun like he’s stupid. “Obviously.”

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. “Well just so you know, you wouldn’t be third-wheeling, you’d be fourth-wheeling ‘cause I’d be there too.”

“Which brings me to reason two. You’ll be there, and I’m pretty sure you’re gonna get drunk, and I’m pretty sure you must be the worst ing drunk because you’re probably loud and annoying and-“

“Ok, ok, I get it,” Baekhyun says stiffly, not confirming nor denying Sehun’s (correct) assumptions. “Well then I just won’t drink a lot.”

Sehun raises an eyebrow.

“What! I wouldn’t. As the responsible adult in this house-“

Sehun snorts.

“-I promise that I will remain as sober as possible tonight.”

“That’s reassuring,” Sehun grumbles under his breath. Baekhyun smiles, walking closer so he can sit on the arm of the couch Sehun is currently draped across.

“So it’s settled then,” he says. Sehun looks like he wants to argue, but also seems to understand that, like it or not, he’ll probably be dragged out tonight to go out with them anyway. He groans dramatically and turns so he’s on his stomach, face in the couch cushion.

“Glad to see you’re so excited. We’re leaving at six.”

Another groan.

“I can’t understand you when you’re in the couch like that.”

Sehun lifts his head, albeit slowly, out of the couch. “I said I hate you.”

Baekhyun grins largely. “Sure you do,” he chirps, ignoring the finger Sehun so kindly sticks at him before he’s back on his phone.

When he gets into his bedroom, his grin falls the slightest bit. Sehun says it too often – that he hates Baekhyun. Baekhyun knows – or tells himself at least – that Sehun is joking. Because surely he is, because he knows that Sehun enjoyed himself at least a bit the last time they went out. That was two days ago, and it didn’t change their dynamic as much as he wanted it to. Maybe this will – going out and hanging and drinking a bit.

He debates asking Sehun for Tao’s number just to text the boy at the coffee shop and ask him what kind of drinks Sehun likes, or what kind of things he does for fun, or if he really hates Baekhyun.

As it is, he opts instead to waste his time doing nothing until, eventually, five rolls around and he decides he should probably get ready. It’s not like he has anyone to impress, but still. He takes a shower, puts on his nicest pair of jeans, sprays on a bit of cologne, because why not? If Kyungsoo is going to treat this like a proper date – and he will – Baekhyun might as well act like it is one too.

For Kyungsoo’s sake.

Baekhyun’s just starting on his hair when the door to the bathroom flies open, and there is Sehun, not even close to ready. Baekhyun glares at him.

“First of all, I could’ve been . Second of all, you need to start getting ready.”

“For what? The thing I don’t even want to go to?” he says flatly.

“That’s the one.”

Sehun crosses his arm. “For your information, I was about to. But I need to shower.”

“Well you can wait.”

“Actually,” Sehun says, and then he’s pushing past Baekhyun, all but shoving him into the sink. Baekhyun’s about to snap at him, but then Sehun’s fingers find the collar of his shirt and pull and-

“Are you ing stripping?” Baekhyun says, turning and gluing his eyes back to the mirror in front of him which, thankfully, doesn’t show Sehun.

“Do you want me to shower with my clothes on?” Sehun says slowly, as if he’s talking to a kid. Baekhyun can’t turn to glare at him, so he glares instead at his hands.

“Whatever. Just.” He swallows, not sure how to react to this new development. He hears clothes slipping off of skin and then is pretty sure Sehun is not a meter from him. Which is decidedly not how he expected this evening to start. “Just stay over there.”

“Mmhmm,” is Sehun’s answer. Again, not really what Baekhyun wanted. But he hears the shower curtain slide open and then close again, and when the water starts running he throws the nearest thing – a bottle of hairspray – at said shower curtain. It makes a lump in the water-proof fabric and judging by the bang and slight squeal, hits Sehun at least somewhere, most likely his toes. Baekhyun can’t help but laugh as Sehun pokes just his head – hair damp and pressed to his forehead – out of the shower.

“Do you mind?” he asks with a glare. Baekhyun looks behind him, feigning confusion, as if not sure who Sehun is talking to.

“Me?” he asks innocently. “What did I do?”

“ you,” Sehun says before he’s jerking the curtain back into place.

“You wish!” Baekhyun chirps back. The shower keeps running, and Baekhyun turns back to grin at his reflection. boy is nothing new. He grew up with Chanyeol after all, who finds any and all excuses to strip where he is.

And maybe there’s something a bit different about the thought of Sehun, but it’s not pressing enough to worry about, so he lets it go. When he starts singing while running fingers through his hair, a soaking wet washcloth goes flying in the direction of his head.

“If you don’t like my voice you could just say so,” Baekhyun grumbles, not loud enough for Sehun to hear. He gets the point though, and doesn’t want to further anger the beast before their ‘date,’ so he just finishes up with his hair, winks at himself in the mirror, and closes the door behind him.

He’s ready a good twenty minutes before Sehun is. He knocks on the bathroom door at least eleven times – the last four accompanied by cursing – before Sehun finally emerges from the bathroom in a cloud of steam from his shower.

His hair is dry and soft looking where it falls like waves at the sides of his head. He’s in a plain white T-shirt and a denim jacket, the look complete with black pants tig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter