Oneshot

You're Mine (Not Theirs)

The music that once blasted from the speakers dulled down and was replaced by the deafening screams of the crowd. Seokjin – no, he was Jin then – took deep breaths to calm is racing heartbeat as he felt the adrenaline pulsing through his veins. While the lights were still dimmed, he looked out to the crowd and at that moment he felt content. They all did. They worked so hard for this and now it was finally happening.

The lights went up again and Jin had to squint his eyes at the sudden brightness.

“Hello, we are BTS!” They all greeted the enthusiastic crowd simultaneously. The crowd roared, screams resounding in his ears. He smiled at the fans but, slightly distracted, he scanned the crowd looking for a certain someone.

As the other members did their introductions, he found her. She gazed at the members like a proud mother. She wasn’t sitting up front exactly. She opted to get a seat near the side of the stage instead of at the center, explaining that she wanted to give chances for the fans to see them better. She preferred being hidden in the corner anyway.

And in a split second, the two made eye contact. Her bright smile was replaced with an unreadable expression. The lightstick that she held high up in the air to cheer for the boys was lowered into her lap. Jin watched as she gave him a small smile, though he knew it wasn’t genuine. It looked painful. Jin hadn’t even realized that his smile disappeared to until she pointed at her own fake smile, reminding him that he was on stage and had to put a bright face up for the fans.

Unwillingly, Jin plastered on his own fake smile before tearing his attention away from her and looking straight back to the crowd, waiting for his turn to introduce himself.

--

After Bangtan finally tore themselves away from the stage and the crowd, the sadness that the concert was over washed over them for s split second before they remembered to bow to all the staff workers on their way to the dressing room.

“Thank you for your work! Good job!” The members said different greetings as they walked by, still hyper and pumped on adrenaline from the concert.

They got to the dressing room, met with smiling faces of their stylists, managers, backup dancers, and other staff members who had worked with them tirelessly for months to make this happen. It was a mess of smiles and hugs and congratulations and laughs, sprinkled with the occasional tap and teasing. Slowly, however, the room started to clear, the different staff members remembering that their work wasn’t over and they still had the mess of the stage to clean and other last minute tasks before they were really over.

As soon as the members started to come down from their adrenaline high, though Taehyung and Jungkook were still their hyper selves bouncing around the room doing god knows what, there were a couple knocks on the door followed by the creaks of it opening slowly and in walked in her with her bright smile, genuine this time, and arms filled with presents, probably each of the members’ favorite foods, as usual.

“Noona!” The boys rushed to the door in excitement, except Yoongi who kind of just trudged along slowly and Seokjin – he was Seokjin again – who stayed seated on the couch of the dressing room. Jungkook was the first to make it to her, tackling her in a tight hug – around her, he always forgot that he wasn’t a kid anymore and that he was actually stronger than her so his hug make her loose her balance for a bit before returning the hug – followed by Jimin then Taehyung then Hoseok and Namjoon. Yoongi made it to her last, joining in on the group hug despite not really being one for affection. He would never admit it but he had a soft spot for her, as did all of the members.

The members knew that she and Seokjin weren’t exactly at the best terms at the moment but the maknae line was not going to let a couple fight stop them from seeing their favorite noona.

“You did so well you guys! I’m so proud of you!” She smiles at each one of them, trying her hardest to return all their hugs but it’s a kind of hard since she was at the center of the group hug and she was still trying to balance carrying all the food.

“Okay, enough guys.” Namjoon laughed, pulling back from the hug. “Let noona breath, will ya? And I’m getting hungry. I wanna eat.” One by one, the members pulled back and Taehyung let a groan when he let go, knowing that he wouldn’t get a chance to hug her again considering Jungkook was still latched onto her, not showing any signs of letting go any time soon. The rest of the members took the food from her arms and place it on whatever flat surfaces they can find in the dressing room.

“Congratulations, Kookie.” She looked at Jungkook with the same proud gaze Seokjin remembered seeing on stage before gently petting his hair. He smiled like a kid in a candy store and nuzzled his head into her hand. “You did well. I’m super proud of you.”

“Thanks noona!” He smiled at her brightly, his bunny teeth showing in his excitement. She ran her fingers through his hair a couple more times before pushing him to go get food. He refused, opting to hold onto her tighter. “Noooooo. The only time I get to do this is when you and Seokjin hyung are fighting.” She laughed and let him continue because she knew she wouldn’t be able to get him off her. But she couldn’t help but feel her stomach drop slightly at his comment. She knew he didn’t mean anything bad by it but it still stung a bit, the reminder that Seokjin still wouldn’t talk to her.

Honestly, she didn’t even really remember what happened. All she remembered was that she was supposed to be mad at him and that he was supposed to be mad at her. With Jungkook still clutching onto her, she looked over to Seokjin and felt a frown creep across her face at the sight of him just laying outstretched on the couch playing on his phone, not even paying her any attention, as if she wasn’t there. Sighing, she walked over to the other members by the food, with Jungkook still latched onto her like a koala baby.

Unknown to her however, Seokjin would glance at her every once in a while, anger bubbling up inside him at the sight of Jungkook being so close to his girlfriend. He wanted to go over there and grab her by the hand and drag her out of the room, away from everyone. But he couldn’t. He didn’t have the right to. They were supposed to be broken up. At least, he thought they were supposed to be. He didn’t actually fully remember what happened. All he remembered was that they weren’t talking to each other. That’s practically like being broken up, right?

Seokjin glanced back over at her and frowned at the sight of her squeezed in on the couch next to Taehyung and Jungkook who was sitting on the arm rest. And then it happened. He had to keep himself from having an outburst right there and then when he saw her feed Jungkook a bite of her food. Jungkook’s face turned a blushed pink and he had enough. Without a word, he got up and left the room.

--

“There you are.” Seokjin’s eyes opened at the sound of a familiar voice. He blinked his eyes to adjust to the light and looked to the door to see her standing there with a frown. After his little walk out, he wandered to an empty dressing room to clear his head for a bit and ended up falling asleep on the couch.

“Go away.” Seokjin shut his eyes again and rolled over so that he could bury his face into the back of the couch. He heard soft footsteps become louder until they stopped and he felt a dip in the sofa cushion by his head.

“Everyone is looking for you. They’re getting ready to head back to the dorm but we set aside some food for you.” She placed her hand gently on his shoulder to try to encourage him to get up but it only made Seokjin groan and made a fire bubble in the pit of his stomach.

“Just go back to your boyfriend and leave me alone.” She let out a light laugh and Seokjin felt her weight shifting on the sofa, making Seokjin groan and frown some more.

“Is that really what all this is about? Oh god I thought that this was actually serious. You’re my boyfriend! That’s why I’m here. Where else would I be?” Her fingers ran through his hair, the same soothing way it ran through Jungkook’s.

“What are you talking about? I thought we broke up.” Seokjin turned back around, his eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. She tilted her head a bit to the side as well.

“What are you talking about? When did we break up?” Her mind started racing, trying to recall their conversation they had when they fought. She couldn’t remember much but she knows for a fact that the works “break up” never came up during the conversation. “All I remember was being mad and throwing stuff at you.”

“So, we’re not broken up?” Seokjin looked up at her and she gave him a pout before shaking his head. “Oh thank god.” A smile finally made it across his face before pulling her down to lay next to him on the sofa. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her in tight while burying his face into her hair. “I thought I would never get to do this again. You’re mine. Don’t let the other members touch you ever again. Especially Jungkook.”

“This was so silly.” She placed a kiss on whatever skin she could reach; she thinks it was his Adam’s apple. “What were we even fighting about?”

“I don’t-”

The two were interrupted by the door opening. They both looked up to see Jungkook standing by the door.

“Aw man. You two made up already?” A pout came across his face. “How am I supposed to get to cuddle with noona now?” He groaned while throwing his head back. “Now I have to come up with another way for you two to fight again.”

“Again?” Seokjin paused before looking at Jungkook with narrowed eyes. “Why do you mean by again?” And then it clicks. They fought but they don’t even remember what they fought about. And Jungkook was more than happy to be able to spend time with her. “Jungkook, what did you do?”

Jungkook’s eyes widened and his mouth formed an “o” shape. Seokjin thought he heard a mumbled “uh-oh” come from his direction but he wasn’t sure.

“Uhm I gotta go. I think I hear Tae calling me.” He tried to make his obvious lie more believable by yelling “Coming!” in the hallway before and bolting out of there.

“Jungkook, you brat! Come back here!” And with that, Seokjin practically jumped up off the couch and ran after him.