1/2

express lane.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

express lane.
1/2. 2112w.
sehun/seulgi

It starts during Seungwan’s monthly baking party.

Well—

Sort of.

That’s when Seulgi gets her period, at least.

 

##

 

(10:01 pm) seulgi you’re crazy

(10:01 pm) we’re making cookies

(10:01 pm) you love cookies on your period

(10:02 pm) well right now i love pringles so

(10:02 pm) have fun with you and your cookies seungwan

(10:02 pm) bc right now i’m not having ANY FUN WITHOUT MY PRINGLES

(10:05 pm) dude i love you but

(10:05 pm) you’re pms-ing

(10:10 pm) oh wow

(10:10 pm) really??

 

##

 

Seulgi doesn’t have a Pringles addiction. She has a preference for them.

She thinks it’s important to make that distinction.

The supermarket is empty except for a businessman in a full three-piece suit, an elderly couple bickering about which apples to choose, and a few workers at the cash register, who either look like they’re about to fall asleep or are playing Candy Crush on their phones. She’s on a mission. She doesn’t have time for these distractions, so she rushes straight to the chips aisle; past the old couple, granny smiths or fuji, past the businessman contemplating on whether he should get the Pabst or go straight for the vodka, right next to the candies and the chocolates and she’s there.

Her palms are sweaty and she’s bouncing on her toes when she walks towards the Holy Land, right next to those disgusting wheat thins that Joohyun likes to eat, just above the nacho cheese Doritos. And she’s there, she sees it, reaches for it—except she’s only 5’3” on a good day and the Pringles are on the top shelf. She almost crumbles to the ground, starts crying in a grocery store, almost, but she has more pride than that. That, and someone is walking towards her.

He’s wearing the store’s tacky, muted blue apron and it’s like all of her prayers have been answered. He reaches for the Pringles, sour cream and onion—her favorite by far—and looks at her almost pitifully. Almost. He smiles down at her, 5’11” with the most pearlescent smile and a devious glint that she would’ve missed if she weren’t watching him so closely.

“Oh, sorry,” he smiles, handing out the bright green container to her, “did you want this?”

She almost salivates when her hand is an inch away from it. His smile turns into a lopsided, eating grin when he pulls it back.

The opens it right in front of her and starts eating it as he walks away.

Seulgi’s mouth drops.

“Motherer.”

 

##

 

(10:45 pm) seungwan you cannot BELIEVE what just happened

(10:48 pm) you got into a car accident because you keep on texting while driving?

(10:48 pm) not that i’d want that to happen

(10:48 pm) although it would teach you a lesson..

(10:49 pm) no seungwan this is even worse

(10:50 pm) ??

(10:50 pm) trump got elected??

(10:51 pm) WORSE

(10:52 pm) aliens aren’t real????

(10:52 pm) Seungwan, this is serious.

(10:53 pm) ok ur scaring me now

(10:53 pm) THIS STOLE MY PRINGLES, SEUNGWAN.

(10:56 pm) lol yerim is laughing

(10:56 pm) you went to the place where the pringles are on the top shelf, huh?

(10:57 pm) i swear to god

(10:57 pm) im going to find him and kill him

(10:57 pm) hide the body and stuff it in a pringles can

(11:00 pm) …

(11:00 pm) you srsly need to stop watching crime shows

(11:01 pm) seungwan

(11:01 pm) this

(11:01 pm) is

(11:01 pm) war.

You have been blocked by this number.

 

##

 

She listens to Sam Smith on the way home and doesn’t look left or right, doesn’t even blink or else the tears will come out, but she does sing along to his lyrics to avoid the loud grumbling in the pit of her stomach. She frowns and squares her shoulders when Seungwan’s picture comes flashing onto her screen, and she can almost imagine her unwarranted lecture about not eating her perfectly baked cookies, about always going to the same grocery store even though it never works out for her, about not listening to her. She sighs.

Seulgi is not the type of girl that pines for boys and cries about breakups. Seulgi doesn’t listen to Sam Smith at nearly the middle of the night because someone had just broken her heart and she was devastated about it. Seulgi cries when dogs die in movies or when she stubs her toe against a table.

Seulgi is a lot of things, but emotional isn’t one of them.

Usually.

Emotional usually isn’t one of them.

But Seulgi is a glutton.

 

##

 

(6:32 am) i can bring you cookies to class if you want

(6:35 am) seungwan

(6:35 am) i have evening classes

(6:35 am) and u blocked me in my time of need so i’m pissed at you

(6:48 am) u were kind of extra last night

(6:48 am) i’m calling management

(6:49 am) that is gonna get what he deserves

(6:50 am) lol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter