Frappuccino

Bundle of Nerves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

That time when Yifan's idea of a date with his boyfriend was to barge in his workplace and buy him a drink (and a cookie).
A short flashback.

 

 

A faint smell of grounded coffee, whipped cream and honey crusted bread crumbs linger in the small cafe unnaturally misplaced in the center of the busy downtown of Seoul. Everyday its polished counters, wooden brown floorboards and topaz-like seats are occupied and used by busy businessmen, students and just nonchalant people looking for a break out of their everyday lives. The gentle murmur of the voices could be heard above the sound of the coffee machines, churning out hot steaming liquid beloved by the customers. The strong bitter aroma of their renowned coffee beans drifting in the air, soaking into the clothes of man and woman alike. This is the place. This is Park Chanyeol's most comfortable place.

"Chanyeol, mind watching the register for me?" His co-worker says with a giggle, not bothering to wait for his reply as she leaves her place to head into their relatively small kitchen.

He gives an absent-minded sigh as he finishes preparing a cup of hot cafe latte to be served. After placing the hot mug on a tray while ringing for the customer's name with a practiced smile, he then makes his way to the empty register and is face to face with an equally tall male clothed in a coat deeper than black, a maroon scarf around his neck with hands busying themselves to removes his gloves.

It takes a few seconds to register, but when it does, he loses his professional composure and tilts a bit of his body weight to one leg, lazily angling his head to one side. "Yifan,"

"Chanyeol," Greets the familiar male before him, giving him a faint smile behind the scarf around his neck. "I see you're handling the register again."

"Only when you're around." Chanyeol chuckles, a hint of surrender in his voice. "Since we both know how clingy you can get if I'm not within a counter's width away from you."

"I'll take that as a compliment." Yifan hums, eyes glancing to the side. "You don't seem too busy tonight."

"Most of the customers have already been served," Chanyeol says, fiddling with the packets of colorful candy canes on display in their cafe counter, fixing them so that they all faced the same direction. "You're lucky. Well, you're always lucky when it comes to time, anyway."

Yifan gives a lopsided smile as he presses his hands on the counter, tapping away to the tune of the Christmas song softly playing in the speakers. "I'll have-"

"A light vanilla frappuccino with extra honey and a double chocolate peppermint cookie, right?" Chanyeol replies, gliding naturally to the side to retrieve the cookie from the counter display, smiling playfully at the look on Yifan's face.

"Make that two orders of light vanilla frappuccino with extra honey and double chocolate peppermint cookies, actually." Yifan says, a bit of laughter in his voice.

Chanyeol pauses as he places one cookie on the little plate in his hand, "Two?" He blinks, "You usually just order one. Did you skip lunch or something?"

"If I did, I wouldn't be eating here in the first place. Don't get me wrong, Chanyeol, while your cookies and freshly baked bagels are a delight to eat, they won't satisfy an empty stomach." Yifan says, a hand in his coat pocket in active search for his wallet, "And that other frappe and cookie is for you."

Chanyeol returns to the counter, two cookies on a plate and an unimpressed expression on his face. "I'm not hungry."

"Take it as a bribe." Yifan replies, wallet successfully found in his hands and a victoriously handsome smile on his face.

"A bribe for what?" Chanyeol asks, chuckling as he types in the order into the monitor.

"For your attention." Yifan picks out some cash and hands it over, gliding his fingers along Chanyeol's as he accepts the payment, "I'm jealous of the people who get to see you everyday."

Chanyeol tries to ignore the little blush he feels from his fingers that climb all the way to his cheeks. He smiles innocently, "So, you're jealous of yourself?"

Yifan doesn't say anything in response. He simply picks up the plate of cookies with a smirk and nods his head to the direction of his usual spot - a table for two at the far right corner of the cafe. Chanyeol gives him a shy smile and walks to the other side to prepare his order of sweet drinks for two.

Chanyeol is just about to finish up the two frappes with the whipped cream and extra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter