part 1

Joshua's Maid

Slightly humming to your favourite song on the rooftop while feeling the barely seen sunlight piercing your pale skin were so much better with the lovely birds flying in couples chirping adding a melodious tune to your music. That is the moment when you desire the clock to stop ticking right at the moment. Softly blown wind directed your hair to move accordingly. Doing the house chore, hanging the clothes in this kind of situation just couldn’t stop your hands to move smoothly.

“Y/n!!!!!!!”

“Oh my ears!” she scooped her ears in mere seconds. “What is this arrogant master want? As far as I know I already prepared his suit in the room. I have a lot of other things to do. Then, you will say, you think I pay you for nothing” she acted the way her master speak.

“Where are you? You think I pay you for nothing!” as if the master heard she was complaining on the rooftop.

“Uhhh! Grumpy!” she moved her legs in a flash speed luckily she has finished her chore on the rooftop.

“Good morning, sir. I have prepared your working suit beforehand. Is there anything wrong, sir?” a ‘sincere’ smile was pasted on my thin lips.

“Huh! Yes, but pink! You tell me to wear pink on Monday! Monday is Monday blues you know!? Pink is too cheerful for Monday. Change it!” he grinned annoyingly.

“Sure, sir” I walked away still smiling ‘earnestly’.

“What is so wrong with pink it is not that you can die if you wear pink on Monday!” a silent complain.

I chose darker coloured suit for his Master, Joshua and matched with the Monday blues concept well. Well, as long as he didn’t nag so it was a sign that everything was picture perfect. Joshua leaving to work was the happiest moment ever in life. I don’t have to digest his screeching nag. I don’t have to overwork myself doing this and that under his commands. Sometimes even his compliments can be very creepy which chilling to your black bones.

”You’ve done great for today” he was standing against the wall while putting his right hand in the pocket of his blue jean grinning a playboy smile while looking at you like he is going to have you as meals for the dinner then, he just walked away leaving you in confusion and heartthrob.

Joshua was such an angelic name. He had those angelic features on his face which can sooth your eyes when you took a glance at him. Unluckily, he owned a long scar on his right cheek that can portrayed him as a gangster member but absolutely it wasn’t matter you will forget the scar once you see his handsome face. As expected from good genes.  However sometimes I just couldn’t understand his temper, his personality and him! I wasn’t getting used to him yet probably since I was just being here for a month. Wait! 30 days are more than enough to know someone, right!? Since he lived alone so it was him and me, his maid! Other maids too of course. How can people be so complicated or maybe only him I bet. In conclusion, he is just not my type although my heart is quite uncontrollable when facing him well it can happen. However, I still remembered that day, that rainy day.

Does she loves me does she loves me not… (my phone ringtone tho)

“Hello! Mrs. Hong” I am letting out a bright tone.

“Hello. Did you aware of the news?” she sounded calm.

“Yes. I’m watching the television right now then I received your call. Is he will be home?” I asked curiously.

“What!? You’re watching television! Are you even that free in that house?” she yelled.

“No no no! I’m wiping the TV and coincidently the news appeared” I startled.

“ So, you’re telling me that you are wiping  the television while turning it on?” she slapped me through the phone.

I lost my word, I can’t win like this. “So what about Jisoo again, Mrs.Hong?” like mother like son but not Jisoo.

Who is Jisoo? Believe it or not Joshua had an identical twin but totally different in personality especially the way he treated me as a maid. Jisoo is extremely careful with his manner when mingled everyone and the most vital part is he is one of the members in SEVENTEEN, a trending rookie kpop group while Joshua was a CEO of a business company owned by his family. If I’m going to picture his facial features it was just the same as Joshua but he was flawless without the scar that Joshua got while fighting for his ex-girlfriend back then. Seriously speaking I hate that girl. Joshua didn’t eat heavy meals for the whole week mere for that loser. She clung to him just for money! Cheap! Cheap! Cheap! Why I am overreacting here it is not that I fallen for him or what. To be honest, I like Jisoo.

Apparently, Jisoo was by bad fever and would be home to rest for couple days even worse he would not be able to join the rest promotion of SEVENTEEN’s first album. The twist of fate will be both Joshua and Jisoo were sick! Exactly, fever. Although both would be home but they rarely spoke to each other since they weren’t in the same direction every time. I hope I can manage these two at the same time without any obstacles. They will be lying on the bed though.

“Hi! Y/n. It has been long time since that day” Jisoo my head before passing through me. He chuckled. His hand was warm.

I could feel my fair face reddened. It felt like my cheeks were burning. I headed up then I realized a silhouette was watching me from afar in the house like his eyes were going to pop out from their original place. Joshua.

“Since that day,” I flashed my memory back to that day.

“Are you going to leave the house again?” I wished to observe this person longer.

“Yes. I will have a comeback stage next week. You will be rooting for me, right?” he my head as if a small child standing in front of him. Two years younger didn’t seem to make any different I guess.

I pushed his big hand. Pure clear tear started to roll down my rosy cheeks.

“You do know it, don’t you? I like you Jisoo,” I didn’t match my eyes to his. All I could hear was silent.

“I like you but..” he paused.

“As someone who has been taking care of me nicely in this house. You’re the best out of the best in this house despite your age. I’m proud to have you as a maid” he did sound in shock of course who would expect a maid boldly confessed to her master. Know your place.

“Maid, right?” I wiped my unstoppable tears and fixed my dress. I could sense the coldness as my hands touched my cheeks.

“Mr. Jisoo, your luggage was in the car already you may leave whenever you are ready,” it was the very first time I addressed him formally. I am aware of my position. Tears were still running together with my smile.

Jisoo my head again as if nothing had happened. We were maid and master.

“I’m going to get some herbs at the green house for the unwell twins. Make sure you’re alert if one of them or maybe both of them need something. I’ll be gone for short” I informed Driver Boo.

“But I think it will be raining soon. Look at the dark cloud above,” Driver boo tried to convince me.

“I should be home when it is raining. Don’t worry,” I rebelled to refrain myself from going.

It took 15 minutes when taking the only way to the green house by walking placed in the preserved small forest owned by the Hong’s choosing the correct herbs would be taking quite a long time though.

“Y/n !!!!!!!” Jisoo yelled.

“Mr. Jisoo, y/n was out plucking the herbs at the green house. It is raining heavily and really dark outside but she isn’t home yet,” Driver Boo explained.

“Oh! Really? It’s ok I just need hot chocolate. It is cold right now. Can you manage?” Jisoo asked with half-opened eyes.

“Sure, Mr. Jisoo.” Driver Boo replied and left the room.

“Y/n. How long she had been out?” Joshua blocked Driver Boo at the spiral stairs of the luxurious house after coming out from Jisoo’s room?

“It… has.. been… about… half an hour. I’ve stopped her looking at the weather but she rebelled,” Driver Boo startled to answer as he never saw such gaze from Joshua even he had worked here for 16 years. Mad. Worried. Anxious. They were all combined into his two pools of eyes.

Joshua let out a dissatisfied sigh and walked away then started to run out the house. No one could stop him anymore directing to the green house in one piece under the dark sky with rain that didn’t show any signs to stop but kept pouring endlessly. He was determined to find that one person in the forest despite his ill condition.

A taxi stopped in front of the house in the middle of raining cats and dogs weather.

“Miss y/n!!!” Driver Boo yelled before I even entered the house.

He explained that it had been about quarter an hour that Joshua barged out of the house after he knew that I was gone for quite a long time. I still wasn’t home even it rained crazily outside. To make it worse he was out in one piece. Is he thinking that I’m still a kid who need a protective brother to walk me here and there 24/7? I’m definitely an independent girl. I’m taking good care of you here. I think that I have to take care of them 24/7 without moving like a mannequin especially that brat Joshua! Is he even thinking before acting?

I took two umbrella for me to use and one to reserve for Joshua. I ran as I wasn’t touch the ground in a split second somehow, it didn’t take 15 minutes anymore to reach the green house but mere 5 minutes. Now imagine how fast I was running to get her dear master. The rain wasn’t having mercy on me who was running into the mud as well as also adventured myself passing  the damp grass field. However, I’m still firm. I know he is there but why he must do this? Searching for me? Worrying about me? He is not the type that even care whether you are alive or dead. All he cars is his image, money, company and filling his hungry stomach. So, it can’t be! Confusing.

“Joshua!!! Mr. Joshua!!! Where you at? Do you hear me ohh? (wait! I’m not singing to INFINITE Be Mine right now)”

*tokk*tokk*tokk* (The sound of knocking from the backyard of the green house)

I took my steps slowly with a heavy breath, the aftereffect of cutting the 15 minutes journey to 5 minutes especially in the rain carrying two umbrellas and running while wearing maid dress. I mean skirt. There, I found him cuddled to himself in cold. Whole of his torso was drenched completely. I poked his shoulder slowly to tell that I had come to save him. By the way, he was outside because he didn’t bring the green house’s key with him while running without thinking carefully in this kind of weather and the most important part was because he was in one piece.

“Joshua…” I carefully went nearer to touch his shoulder.

He suddenly turned and held my hands and brought me to his embrace. My eyes widened. Somehow, I didn’t gather any strength to hold the umbrella anymore. I’m immersed in his embrace.  I could feel his warmth. For a second I forgot that he was having fever. Why did it felt so real? As if the time had stopped ticking.

“You’re so late. I’m waiting for you. Where have you been?” Joshua passed out in my embrace. His temperature increased.

Did he really looking for me in this kind of situation? In this gloomy weather. This far in the forest. I couldn’t stop questioning myself while looking at him in puzzle. He wasn’t wake up yet. Luckily, it was warm in the green house. I cuddled myself while searching for the non-exist answers. A few minutes later, he seemed to gain consciousness.

“Are you alright?” he stared blankly at the wall on his right.

“It is me who should ask you that question. What were you trying to do actually?” I couldn’t help it but yelled.

“It is nice to have someone cares about me. You came quite fast by the way,” Joshua chuckled a little.

Without we realised, we both burst out into laughter. Maybe he was thinking about how foolish I was running like there was no tomorrow to catch up with him. Maybe I was thinking how foolish his act barging out the house in one piece in this kind of weather. People said when we are in love we tend to act foolishly for the one that we adore. Looking towards the situation now, probably it is true.

I availed him to walk home after the sky started to give the path to the sunshine. It smelled fresh after rain with the nature surrounding followed our way. We didn’t talk too much. I felt embarrassing enough with the whole thing happened in a day. He too didn’t even ask how I came back safely to home in the rain. So, we just let it slide. Soon, we saw the gate of the house.

“Please no more next time. If you think it is bad to go outside just don’t go. Don’t force yourself. I don’t need those herbs. For me to heal, I just need you!” our steps stopped.

“But I’m not medicine,” well I just tried to cover my clumsiness.

“Eyyyyyyyy,” Joshua then poked my head softly.

“Ouch!” I whined.

It had been three days after the incident. Joshua and Jisoo both had escaped from fever at the same time. Twins are like that probably. Well said, nothing had happened between me and Joshua or Jisoo. It had been our normal daily life. Me as a maid. Jisoo as a member of an idol group, SEVENTEEN. Joshua as the CEO of the Hong’s family company and the master of the house. Boo is still the Driver Boo. It takes time to develop affection feelings when our heart is full of uncertainty. Sometimes we don’t need to search for the love because love is actually lingering around us and appear when the time is just right. Shall I fall for my master again? Or not again but it has been him all this while.

“Ahh, what a nice day!!!” I shouted from the rooftop, my favourite spot.

“Oh! Joshua is home,” I said as the car drove by Driver Boo came in through the front gate.

“I should go and greet him like I always did!” I smiled as I run down the spiral stair to greet Joshua home.