Prologue

Let Me In
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung woke up in the middle of the night after hearing loud noises outside his room. 

"Let's file a divorce now! I'm tired and sick of you!" The eight-year old recognized that voice.. it belonged to his mom. When he peeked, he saw his father slapped his mother so hard. 

"Mom!" He ran towards his mom and hugged her. "Don't hurt her, please!" 

"Go ahead! I don't need you anymore. Take him with you and leave!" His dad break the glass he held and went out of the house. Minutes after, he heard a car driving away. 

His mom stood up and immediately went to her room and started packing her clothes away. "Mom.. are you leaving? Please take me with you mom.. please.." 

"SHUT THE HELL UP! It's your fault that this happened to me! Get lost!" She shouted. 

Jinyoung was at loss for words but he held back his tears. "Why, mom? Why would you leave me?"

"Because you are useless to me. Now, get out, get out of my way!" She pushed him and Jinyoung fell on the floor. That was when he cried out so loud. Her mom didn't bother to pull him up but instead, went out of the door and left him. Jinyoung didn't stand up. He hugged his knees while he cried. 

An hour later, his dad had come back. 

"Did that leave already?" He sat on the bed. "That woman. She found someone richer so she left us. To think that she didn't even bring you with her.. tsk. Tsk" 

He just listened quietly as his father talked. There was a hint of anger and bitterness in his voice. Jinyoung could feel it. 

"Dad.. did you ever love mom?" 

"That's the most regrettable thing I've done. I worshipped her, gave her everything she wanted out of love.. but she just used me. Love has become my weakness, Jinyoungie. Love makes me weak and she used that to take advantage of me." 

"I understand, dad". And that day, th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter