Truth

Backstage

  Everything was ready for debut, songs, choreography… But no one knew when company would decide to shoot music video, so everyone could only wait. Managers gave boys break for 1 week, but they still should come back at dorm and sleep there. Changkyun rarely was going outside, or wasn’t going at all and Jooheon everyday remembered him that he knows his “little dirty secret”.

  Another day started. Minhyuk, Shownu, Wonho and Hyungwon are out, only three of them are at the dorm. Jooheon is locked into his room, Changkyun is lying on the sofa and watched the TV and Kihyun’s making something to eat. Changkyun is thirsty already too long, but waits when Kihyun will leave the kitchen, but it feels like forever. Changkyun tried few times to friend with Kihyun, not only him, with other members too, but without result, so he gave up on them. He couldn’t wait anymore, because he was hungry now. So he walks into the kitchen, where Kihyun is eating his dish. Changkyun looks around and there’s nothing to eat, he would go outside to buy something but-

“You left mobile here and it don’t stop buzzling.” Kihyun calmly says and continues eating. It’s not like they are bullying him or saying to left the group, in the face. They just act cold and distant.

“Is that so…” Changkyun says and takes his mobile from the table and he has like 20 missed calls. He breaths out and puts it inside his pocket. “Is there anything to eat?” Kihyun looks at the cupboard.

“Is fridge empty too?” Changkyun nods. “Then we don’t have anything to eat, call Shownu and tell him to bring something.” There is no way he would call him, but he still nods and leaves the kitchen, still hungry. Cahngkyun walks into his room and heavily falls on the bed. Then his phone rings again, so he looks at it, incoming number is familiar so he takes it.

“Is it Lim Changkyun?” Young girl asks. She’s a nurse, which takes care about Changkyun’s father.

“Y-Yes?” Changkyun feels uneasy suddenly. “Is something wrong?” He asks quietly.

“It’s not a big deal, but your father doesn’t feel very well and he asked you to come.” Her voice is shaking and she sounds unbelievable, but Changkyun doesn’t notices it. He starts to panic and quickly rushes out from the dorm. Kihyun glances at him, before he ran out from the house and shrugs his shoulders. Soon Jooheon walks out from his room.

“Someone come back?” He asks and rubes his tummy.

“No, Changkyun rushed out just now.” Jooheon looks at him.

“Where did he left?”

“Like I know.” Kihyun says and looks at him blanked. “Where does the wondering at this time, every night?” Kihyun says and sighs. Jooheon still decides to not say anything about Changkyun, yet. He just shakes his head and sits in front of Kihyun.

“Can you make something to eat? I’m hungry…”

  Changkyun was on the way to the hospital, but suddenly someone grabs him by his neck and pushes into the dark corner. Few unfamiliar guys grab his arms, so he can’t move.

“Who are you? Ya let me go!” Changkyun shouts and suddenly someone appears.

“This happenes when you aren’t answering my calls.” Changkyun looks at his face and eyes wide in shock. It’s that guy from that day. “I knew you would answer if it’s relates to your father.” He says with smirk on his face. Changkyun jerks again, trying to escape from their arms, but they’re holding him too thigh.

“I said I would give you money after debut!!” He shouts at him.

“I’m tired of being nice to you Changkyun-ah.” He says and his creepy smirk becomes even deeper.

 

  Everyone came back and now they’re sitting in front of the TV. It’s almost 2 am, so manager walks and counts them.

“Is changkyun into his room?” He asks, when there are only 6 of them.

“No, he went somewhere, like 2 hours ago.” Kihyun calmly says and manager nods.

“I need to go, so please don’t do something stupid and one of you stay awake and open door for Changkyun, if something happens call me.” Boys in chorus scream “Yes” and then manager leaves. Soon as he left, boys hear door slamming sound and see Changkyun who quickly walks to his room.

“Hey!!” Jooheon shouts and runs after him, but Changkyun closes the door in front of his nose. “Damnit! Open the door! Where you was at this hour?!” Boys walk to him too. “Are you deaf? Open the door!” After shouting few more times, he turns to Shownu. “Give me key, he should take a lesson.” Shownu nods and finds key for this door and Jooheon finally opens it. At first he doesn’t see him, but then he looks down and sees Changkyun lying on the floor, into his pool of blood. He’s beaten up to death, bruises everywhere. Boys shout in horror. “Call 911 and then call manager!” Jooheon shouts and Minhyuk quickly takes his phone and rings to emergency.

“Yes ambulance? We have injured person! Please come quickly, I don’t know if he’s alive!” Then he calls manager.

“WHAT?!! Okay I will go to this hospital, but one of them go with him! Okay I’m hanging up!” Manager shouts panicked.

“You go with him!” Minhyuk shout to Jooheon.

“What? Why me?!

“I won’t go!”

“Okay fine I will go!”

Emergency comes very soon and they take Changkyun with stretcher and Jooheon with him. They go to the nearest hospital and Changkyun quickly is surrounded by doctors, they take him to the surgical. After few minutes manager rushes into the hospital too and sees Jooheon in the waiting room.

“How is he??” He shouts.

“I don’t know, doctor didn’t come yet.” Jooheon says quietly. After 1 or 2 hours doctor comes out and manager runs to him.

“How is he?!” He asks worried.

“He’s fine now, he had few broken ribs, but his leg was the most injured. He will stay here for few weeks and then he can walk normally again.” Manager sighs relieved and thanks the doctor, who smiles at him and walks away.

“I will go to registration, wait here.” Jooheon nods. Then he sees some man rushing to Changjkyun’s room, so he stands up. Man is patient too.

“How is my son?!” He shouts and walks into the Changkyun’s room, in spite of, that nurses were trying to stop him. Jooheon tilts his head and walks to Changkyun’s room too.

His father?...

He peeks into the room and sees, this man’s holding Changkyun’s hand tightly.

“Dad?” Changkyun asks weakly, he’s still sleepy.

“Yes. Yes it’s me!”

“I’m glad…” He smiles softly. His dad brushes his hair gently.

“Why did you do that?! Why you contacted to people like them?”

“We need money for surgery, that’s why…”

“But it won’t help me anyways!”

“Don’t say like this…We should go on vacation after your surgery, remember?” Changkyun voice becomes weaker, before he falls asleep again. Joohen looks at this situation dumbfounded. Money? Surgery? What on the earth is going on? Then nurses politely tell Changkyun’s dad that he can’t stay there anymore and they walk out from the room. His father sits in the waiting room and Jooheon accompanies him too. They sit in silence for a long time, before he looks at Jooheon.

“Are you his bandmate?” Jooheon nods a bit. His father becomes quiet again, just stares at him. “I’m not asking to be his friend…” Jooheon looks down, because he knows that Changkyun probably told him about everything. “But don’t be so tough to him. He’s not a bad kid.” Jooheon looks up, but he’s not looking at him anymore. Room becomes silence again. Then he lefts. Manager arrives very soon after it.

“Go home, you’re very tired, I will stay with Changkyun.” Jooheon nods and walks outside, dorm is near, so he decides to have a walk. Whole road he can’t stop thinking about Changkyun’s dad. So everything they thought about him, is a lie? That’s he’s son of rich scientist…

 

  After 2 weeks Changkyun can walk normally again. Of course no one visited him through this time, except manager. Boys continue their practices, without him and yes, they felt very happy about it. Of course they felt sorry for him, but they still prefer group without him.

“Guys today Changkyun is coming back. I’m not asking you to make surprise party for him, just stay at home.” Boys nod and go to the dorm, after dance practice. Soon Changkyun walks with manager into the house, he still can’t walk normally. He’s limping a bit. He looks up at guys, who are lying in front of the TV and they look at him too.

“Welcome back.” Hyungwon says and everyone forces a smile. And Changkyun does the same.

“Thanks…” He says and walks into his room. Then boys sat in the kitchen to eat. But Jooheon grabs some food and puts on the plate.

“Are you eating in your room?” Minhyuk asks, who’s already mouthful.

“No, with Changkyun.”He says and walks out. Boys look at each other confused, but then continue eating. Jooheon walks into Changkyun’s room, he’s lying on the bed and quickly looks at him, when he walks inside.

“What are you doing here?” He asks curiously, before Jooheon sits on the bed in front of him.

“You always eating leftovers, but now you’re sick so you should eat well…” He says and puts table in front of him. Changkyun once again gives him weird look at puts first piece into his mouth. After a while, Jooheon speaks again.

“I know about your father.” Changkyun stops eating and looks at him. “But I won’t say to anyone, because I see you don’t want to… I’ll try to be nicer to you… You should say to the others too and they immediately stop acting like this.” Jooheon says and Changkyun puts chopsticks down, because his appetite is completely gone now.

“It’s sad that you guys need reason to be nice with someone.” He says calmly.

“No, I needed answers for my questions. Why you was put with us so suddenly? Why you needed money? And etc…”

“I don’t want anybody to feel sorry for me.”

“I don’t feel sorry for you, at all. But I’ll try to be nice.”

“I don’t need it.” Changkyun says and puts food into his mouth again.


So after 1 week I finally updated new chapter, but it's kind of big, more than 3 pages so...