first

D A N G E R

The first time Doyoung made eye contact with Jaehyun, he already knew Jaehyun was trouble, with the way the other had a smirk playing on his lips and his eyes had a glint of mischief. They both stared at one another, none wanting to look away, until Ten decides to drag Doyoung, snapping him out of the trance. Ten was busy complaining about how he was so hungry that his guts might eat him from inside, like that was possible. So they headed to the cafe just two blocks away from school.

"I see you have eyes for that transfer," Ten spoke up once they settled down and have gotten their orders, "I was warned about him, so that probably means you need to stay away from him too. I don't want you hurt."

Doyoung was grateful for his bestfriend's concern but Doyoung feels like he was already knee-deep, his mind already filled with a certain tall boy.

Doyoung has heard rumours, none of those worth listening or rather he had selective hearing. But when the rumour about Jaehyun being a murderer, Doyoung couldn't help but ponder on it. If it's true the boy was a killer, why is he still in school? Not in some boys' home or a mental hospital to try and keep him sane? He probably had a reason, or just defending himself. But then again, seems like Jaehyun doesn't want to stay in school either.

Doyoung sees Jaehyun everywhere, like Jaehyun was his shadow, always there wherever he was. Doyoung doesn't mind company but it's kind of creepy. He doesn't see the transfer with anyone else, always alone, except occasionally where he sees a much taller dude who doesn't seem to be Korean, picking Jaehyun up from school with his sleek black motor. Could be an , a friend, a relative or even a sibing. Who knows?

Doyoung is intrigued by Jaehyun's mysteriousness. He doesn't talk to anyone, he isn't the most popular kid in school, unless for the rumours, which he isn't bothered with at all because 90 percent of the time, people make way for him because they're scared, so. In class, Jaehyun isn't the one who answers all the teachers' questions, even Doyoung could feel the timidness in every teacher who has spoken to Jaehyun. Doyoung doesn't know whether to be sad for Jaehyun because he's mostly alone, or should he feel frightened? Doyoung admits he is a tad scared whenever Jaehyun is in close proximity with him but the feeling of somewhat admiration overpowers the fear.

"I see you can't stop staring, sweetheart." Doyoung snapped out of his daze, looking up to the owner of that deep, honey-like voice.

He sees Jaehyun, he panics for a while but calms down when Jaehyun gave him a sweet smile which Doyoung thinks it's his first time seeing it because most of the time, the transfer student always has a smirk playing on his lips, kinda creepy to be honest. Doyoung blushes when the words processed in his head. Jaehyun chuckled, amused.

"Wasn't staring at you." Doyoung coughs.

"Didn't say you were staring at me, though." Doyoung's blush went a deeper shade of red.

Jaehyun chuckles again, "I'll see you around."

Doyoung just nod, fanning himself once Jaehyun was out of sight (or was he?).


Ten was busy dragging Doyoung out of school, talking to Doyoung about the new arcade that just opened last week. They were both into the conversation not until Ten hangs the sentence, probably something else must have caught his eyes, Doyoung thinks. He's right, he follows Ten's line of sight and sees the tall-non-Korean-looking dude with Jaehyun and that black motor. Doyoung waves his hand in front of his bestfriend's face, but it doesn't work because Ten was still staring, not subtly which makes Doyoung uncomfortable.

Doyoung sees Jaehyun coming closer, with that pretty smile of his, "Hey, sweetheart."

The goddamn nickname, why isn't Doyoung bothered? Like it is meant to be for Jaehyun to call him sweet names like those. Doyoung squeaks out a hey, with a little wave. Cute, Jaehyun thinks. He pulls Doyoung, who pulled Ten, who was still staring. All three stood in front of that non-Korean-looking dude. He flashes a smile, one of those that made Ten a squealing mess.

"This is Youngho, or Johnny," Jaehyun introduces, "This is Doyoung, and his bestfrie-"

"I'm Ten!" Ten excitedly shakes the older's hand, like he was some kind of celebrity.

Johnny wasn't uncomfortable with the way Ten was musing over him, rather he was also a little tipsy with excitement.

Jaehyun turns to Doyoung, "Seems like we'll be seeing each other more often."

Doyoung doesn't mind that, he smiles, waves goodbye and drag his one hell of an embarrassment of a friend.

"And you said to stay away from Jaehyun. You realize that you just associated yourself with Jaehyun, in a way?" Ten scoffs.

"I don't take warnings really good okay. Besides, he doesn't look harmful, he actually seems to be into you, like the way I am into Johnny." Ten ends it dreamily, fluttering his eyelashes with his hands clasps to his heart.

Doyoung chuckles, shaking his head.

Ten's right, Jaehyun doesn't look harmful.

Or is he?