Not even drinking helps.

MOVIE IN MY MIND

“Congratulations, girls! Cheers!”

Clinks are heard all around as our team celebrates another successful comeback. Sajangmin had arranged for the usual party for our summer comeback placing no. 1 on the charts, and the entire Apink team is having a blast. By the far table, you could hear the unstoppable chatter of Bomi and Namjoo, while the table next to us is busy goading the maknaes into drinking more than they should be. Successfully doing so, might I add.

“Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug!”

“Don’t you think they should slow down?” I ask Eunji, who herself was downing her second bottle. As expected, before I even finish my sentence, she’s already waving me off.

“Calm down, unnie,” she says as she pours another drink, “it’s a party! Loosen up! Have a good time!” She says wildly, before handing me the glass of soju she just poured. Even with my fervent rejection, she continued to pressure me. “Would you rather have me drink another shot then?” she says mischievously, putting the glass close to her lips.

Ugh. I hate you, Ji.

Before she could take the drink, I quickly snatch the glass from her and gulp it down, all in one go. Cheers flood our table; none louder than the devil herself, as apparently everyone had been waiting for me to finally take in some alcohol. I raise the glass, flipping it over as a sign of my accomplishment, and slammed it to the table, joining the fun.

Oh god. I don’t think I’m ever going to get used to that, I think to myself.

Immediately after my first shot, I started feeling the effects creeping up. The other members, who by now had gathered to our table, quickly refilled my cup. “Guys, I don’t think I should—“

“Awww come on, unnie!” Naeun protested. “We didn’t even get to see it! One more time!” she started to chant, which again spread to the entire party, basically leaving me no choice but to take the drink.

“Come on, unnie. I’ll drink with you!” Hayoungie said, as she filled up another cup, giving Eunji a bright idea.

“Why don’t we all take a shot!” She suggested, pointing to the members, much to the delight of the entire room. As much as I shouldn’t condone drinking from my members, I couldn’t help but smile at them. Even in drinking, they’re teamwork is still the best, I thought.

“Apink fighting!” They all shouted cheerfully. As they raised their glasses up in the air, I happily joined them in taking down the drink. As it made its way down, I felt loose and free, a rare feeling in the world of being an idol. Maybe drinking isn’t such a bad thing, I thought.

Whether it was the drinks or the realization that life should be enjoyed to the fullest, I started partying like I’ve never partied before. Seriously. The me of 5 minutes ago would be face-palming if she saw me right now. I am dancing way too much; sometimes without music, most of the time offbeat. I am being way too loud, even more so than Bomi. Yeah. I was THAT loud. I took all the shots I saw. From everything being handed to me to everything being handed to other people, I was gulping it down like it was water. And before you know it, or before I did, I was drunk for only the second time in my life.

And just like the first time, he was there, taking care of me.

“Rongie-yah. Maybe you should stop drinking,” he said worriedly, as he tried to pull me down from the chair I was currently dancing on.

Today was the first day, or night I should say, that I was going to meet his groupmates. If you have no idea how nervous I am, then think about this: Not only am I meeting the biggest superstars of the industry, I’m meeting the four of the most important people in oppa’s life. And his best friends. And his brothers. For the first time. As his girl.

So yeah, you could say I drank a little too much.

“Ei! Come on, hyung. Chorong-ah’s just having some fun!” I heard their maknae say, “You should join the—“ That was about as much as he was able to say before their leader shut his mouth for him. Probably for the sake of his health, as oppa was shooting daggers from those slits he calls eyes.

Still struggling to find my balance, I let him pull me down as I crash onto him. I could only laugh, as I apparently found everything funny. Don’t ask. I don’t know what’s so funny either. I just know that it is. I stared at oppa’s unending glare at Seungri-oppa, again bringing out a giggle in me. “Oppa,” I called out to grab his attention, “don’t stare at Seungri-oppa so much. I’m going to get jealous,” I managed to slur out a joke, before poking him in his cute little nose, which, again, was hilarious to me.

“Aish… how could you guys give her so much to drink?” he said to his bandmates, completely ignoring my nose-poke. So rude! But he’s cute, so he gets a pass. “I told you guys that she doesn’t drink!”

“But hyung,” replied that smiling angel Daesung-oppa, “she just kept taking, and taking, and taking…” You know, he’s even funnier in real life than when I see him in the TV!

“And besides, we’re suppose to be having fun today!” said the panda who just got free from the dragon.” And it looks like she’s REALLY having fun now,” he said, managing to earn another glare from oppa. My oppa.

“Relax Bae,” Seunghyun-oppa said, “She’ll be fine. We only let her drink so much because we know she’ll be fine.” Did you know that Seunghyun-oppa was such a bingu? He’s such a bingu! From now on, he’s Bingu-oppa!

“How do you know, hyung?”

“Because she’s got you, Bae.” That one was Jiyong-oppa, my oppa’s best friend. And he’s right. No matter what we’re doing, where we are, or how I’m feeling, I’ve always felt comfortable with Youngbae-oppa. Whenever I’m around him, I felt loose and free. When I’m with him, I feel safe.

I look up at him, his face softer than it was a minute ago, and I smile. “I’ve got you?” I ask him full of hope. And alcohol. 

He looked back down at me, those beautiful eyes sparkling, before he covered them up by smiling. Stupid oppa. I wanted to see them more. “You’ve got me,” he said in bone-chilling iness and sincerity. He s his arms around me, as I smiled at him.

“Then let’s drink some moooooore!!!” I hollered at the top of my voice, exploding out of his hug. “Ahjumma! Another round! On him!” I pointed to oppa, who could only laugh because I was being so funny, right?

Chorong-ah!” I reeled my thoughts back in, as stylist-unnie snapped her fingers in front of me, “Are you okay? Are you drunk already?” She asked in disbelief. I gathered as much sobriety as I can, but nothing seemed to fall into place. “How could you be drunk so early? It’s only 11:11!”

11:11? I have to make a wish! Any wish!

I wish I had you again.