Chapter 2

Network
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yawning again, Ryeowook was just waiting for the optative class to end – it was nearing the end of the semester and he needed to study for exams that were about to begin because he was like any other student that instead of studying beforehand, he would study one day prior to the test. Suddenly, his phone vibrated indicating a message. He growled noticing who it was – Kyuhyun.


Oh no, don’t think it was the same Kyuhyun mentioned before, this one is someone he met through a dating app. He went out twice with the guy – the first one they went to a coffee shop and kept talking all afternoon. By this description you would think it was a nice first meeting who would spend the whole afternoon with a stranger talking? In one day he discovered the boy attended university of computer science. Before he used to attend a prestigious university in Seoul, but he quit it to attend the same course in the city he belonged to because he was suffering from depressive disorder that time. He also discovered his family was well-off.


However, for Ryeowook it was hell because seemingly if he didn’t speak non-stop the other would allow a mortal silence to be stablished between them. He should’ve expected that someone that had the same likings as him would be socially awkward. Then he kept regretting meeting someone from a dating app and swore that was the first and also the last time he would do that. However, the other male enjoyed his company and kept sending messages inviting him to go out.

 

The second time he was kind of obliged to go out with him.


Luna, one his best friends from university was speculating about Ryeowook’s life until she discovered who the male that was pestering her friend was. “I know him! He is the brother of one of my friends from high school! Her family is such a good one, not only about money. They are great people as well!” Ryeowook rolled his eyes stubbornly. Another friend of his, Sulli tried to coerce him by saying that you don’t fall in love that easily, you have to let someone in so that person can enchant you slowly, just like her boyfriend did to her. Ryeowook being a hopeless romantic person didn’t believe in that. Victoria, the most mature one in the group, confronted him and said he would invite the guy to be his company on her birthday party, because she told him he was bachelor for way too long already.


Obediently, he invited the man again, but that was the worst birthday party he ever went to – it was painful to even watch him among his friends. Once again he swore he would never invite him ever again.


Unfortunately, the man kept sending him messages and despite always finding lame excuses for not going which usually summarized to “I have to study because exams are there” the man was very persistent. Don’t misunderstand the man wasn’t repulsive, actually he was a nice person and cute, yet Ryeowook didn’t feel any attraction to him. Since he couldn’t bear to be impolite, he kept answering his messages politely declining any invitation that arrived.

Sa Eun

The girl seemed hopeless in love with Sungmin, every time they were together it was nauseatingly sweet. Even if there were other people in the call with the two, it seemed nobody existed for them. Ryeowook was speaking to her just to check how things between them were. She ended up confessing that Sungmin had some issues that were bothering him, yet he refused to tell her what it was. The girl asked him if he knew something about it. Ryeowook thought it was awkward, they were a couple and he should always share it with his partner, but knowing his best friend quite well he wasn’t the type to share his conflicts.


Remember after Ryeowook said in last chapter that friendship had to be nurtured? Well, seemingly someone already started to be affected by that…


Sungmin


Ryeowook thought he was super lucky one day when he arrived earlier from university and saw Sungmin online – he started to talk with him immediately s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter