Chapter 1

Network
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Entitling himself as antisocial, Ryeowook would rather stay at home playing online games rather than going out like any normal young adult would do. At the peak of his 24 years old he’d never dated anyone. He never accomplished anything other than remaining his mediocre grades at university. He made great friends through the years in university, but he felt closer to the online friends – it seemed they matched much more than his friends from university. While he was with his friends from university he felt as a mere outsider. Oh but don’t think he didn’t love them, cause he loved them as much as his online friends.


His online contacts only increased though, one friend added another one, which led the group to have nearly 30 people. All of them were from the same country, but he was again the only ‘outsider’ as most concentrated in the megalopolis while he was living in a medium-sized city. He had all commodities from big cities, yet the people’s mind were from countryside. Together with his best friend they managed to create the group and increase it.


Sungmin

Let’s focus on his best friend subject – he was a great guy, his name was Lee Sungmin and they met through another game 10 years ago. They had everything in common. A great friend, but lately his friend set his priorities which was his girlfriend that he met thanks to the group: Kim Sa Eun.


They hook up after his clumsy confession which confirmed their mutual attraction. Ryeowook would always remember the day he confessed, he sent her a message during new years’ night after she went to bed hoping she would read only on the following day because he was ever so scared of rejection. For his panic she didn’t sleep and was typing an answer which made the “…” seem endless. Her answer was “I couldn’t sleep because I was thinking of you”


It would be a great love story… The only problem was that he was from the heart of the country, while she lived in the south. As both were busy with their studies, none could find time nor money to travel so far to spend only the weekend – the solution for that was that they had to spend their online time together, even if it meant excluding others from their lives.


Ryeowook thought that he was tossed aside since every time he saw his friend online and tried to chat with him like in the old times his friend would either ignore it or answer for a short time only to ignore once his loved one started talking with him. Ryeowook was honest and told his friend directly about it, but Sungmin could only answer that he was wrong, but at the same time he was incapable of focusing in more than one thing.


Sighing, Ryeowook started interacting more and more with the other people from the group – although he was already in good terms with everyone he barely had anyone like his best friend was – the group was mostly for them to speak strategies of the game rarely they would speak about other subjects. He often thought he was being selfish for longing for his best friend’s attention sometimes, or maybe he just needed to find a lover for himself – but his past was too stubborn to leave him alone making him too attached to his first and only love.


We’ll return to this love story a little bit later. Let’s follow to the next person.


Krystal

During one of his sufferings because of his sensation of losing his best friend, Ryeowook ended up disclosing to a friend from the group – her name was Krystal. Although she was a player, he discovered that day the girl had a great heart despite her peculiar personality. She gave lot of advices regarding that – which was admirable considering the girl once confessed her love to Sungmin being flatly rejected.


This only made them closer – Ryeowook eventually

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter