Blanket Girl

Different

 

It was another stressful and fruitless night in Jiyong’s studio when he just lifelessly lied on the sofa and staring at nothing in the darkness of the room.

He had no mood to do anything after a day of arranging a song that showed no progress. 

 

He had been in the slump these past few months. And his company did not help the situation as they kept asking him about the progress of Bigbang GoodBye album as some Bigbang members will go to the army by the end of the year which probably including him.

 

The accumulated fatigue and stress had reached a certain level that he felt like burning his studio down as long as he did not have to see music sheets and recording equipment. He was honestly tired. Tired of everything. The excitement he always felt when he was making music was no longer there. Writing, composing and singing were just jobs now that he did for the satisfaction of people around him and not for his own happiness.

 

 

As he was contemplating whether to get his  continue working on the song or just head back home, his phone beeped signaling that a message came in. Seungri gave him a message to meet him at a cafe near his apartment that he never went. It was odd of Seungri to invite him to a cafe. Usually that maknae preferred night club or anything that screams party and fun for a meet up.

 

Honestly, Jiyong was too lazy to even move his muscle especially in this winter night. The roads were covered with thick snow and the temperature even reached 4oC. He just felt like burying himself under thick blankets. But then his hungry stomach which was empty since morning betrayed him so he agreed to go.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

It was indeed a foreign cafe for Jiyong. The first word that crossed his mind once he entered that cafe was “simple”. The wooden cafe was small and located just few blocks away from Seungri's apartment. There were few round tables in the cafe decorated with a simple colorful scented candle on them. A small podium was seen at the corner of the cafe. The coffee scent mixed with peppermint greeted him once he stepped deeper into that cafe. 

 

Thanks to the heavy snow outside that Jiyong can only use his muffler to cover his face and no one will give double look. And thank God again that he did not wear anything out of ordinary that night that can attract people’s attention to him like always. 

But then again, the cafe only had few customers who were too busy with their own business to even look at Jiyong.

 

 Jiyong found Seungri sitting alone at a table near the window.

 

"yah~what's the occasion? a cafe?" GD chuckled as he made himself comfortable on the chair in front of Seungri who was just smiling. Seungri did not even bother to cover his face like Jiyong did. 

 

"nah. nothing. it's just that i need something hot to warm me. it's freaking cold tonight"

Seungri said rubbing his hands together.

 

"besides, i just found this new cafe few days ago. And the coffee is to kill for. Look nice huh?" 

 

 

When in fact Seungri just wanted to relieve Jiyong’s stress as he knew his hyung had been in serious stress these days. And he thought that cafe could do the trick as he himself loved that cafe as it was so peaceful and he did not really have to hide his identity there as the owner knew him and the customers were also like him, went there to relax. 

 

Jiyong and Seungri had a small chat while waiting for their orders to arrive. Jiyong surprisingly felt comfortable there. The warm air in the cafe really made his mood lighter than it was an hour ago. And most importantly, there were no people who shoved their phone to his face to take his photo.

 

As they were lost in their conversation, Jiyong heard sound of microphone being tapped from the corner of the cafe. When he turned around, he saw a woman dressed in a very thick winter clothes sitting on a chair on the podium with a guitar on her lap. She wore a thick rim black glasses that covered half of her face. Her yellow mustard muffler also hid her lower face. Jiyong cant even see her face with all those winter ‘gears’ she had on her head. Plus, the dim lighting made it even more difficult for Jiyong to see her face clearly. Adding to her disastrous fashion, she wore a green thick long skirt that did not even match with her outdated red padding jacket. If you see from afar, she looked like a bundle of blankets in traffic light form. And that disturbed Jiyong's eyes as a well-known fashionista.

 

 

 

"Who is that? " Jiyong asked.

 

"She is the singer here in this cafe. " Seungri answered.

 

"This small cafe has its own singer??" Jiyong asked in disbelief.

 

"Yeah. So cool right. But hyung. You gotta listen to her singing voice. I assure you, you'll be swept away"

 

 nuni nopeun geon jeoldae aninde
ttakhi mami kkeullijiga anha
handu beon mannabogo myeochireul yeonrakhaedo
eosaekhan gonggiman heureul ppun

cham dapdaphae isanghae
jakku eogeusnaneun il
daeche mwoga munjelkka

nugul mannado so so honjain geosdo so so
seolleijido nappeujido anheun gibun (so so)
gameul ilheoga jeomjeom sarangeun eotteohge haneun geoyeossdeora
gieokdo jal an na

keopeuldeuri bureopgineun haedo (johgessda)
honjain ge oeropjineun anha (gyeondilmanhae)
hangaroun nae jeonhwa yaksokdo eopsneun jumal
TV apui naega silheul ppun

cham gunggeumhae singihae
sarange ppajineun il
naman ppaego jeonbu da

nugul mannado so so honjain geosdo so so
seolleijido nappeujido anheun gibun (so so)
gameul ilheoga jeomjeom sarangeun eotteohge haneun geoyeossdeora

eodiseo mwo hanyago taeeonagin haessnyago
ijeneun jom natanajwo nae mam jul saram
bojamaja anajugo sipeo

noryeokhae bwado so so aereul sseobwado so so
gamdongi eopsgo jaemieopsgo geujeo geurae so so (so so)
gieokdo an na deomdeom gaseumi ttwieobon ge eonjejjeum ilkka
nado nugungal johahae bogo sipeo
saranghago sipeo

 

 ”Woah!”

 

And Seungri was correct. Her voice did its magic to Jiyong. He indeed was swept away, no, more like blown away by the heavenly voice of the 'blanket' girl right from the first note. 

 

Being in the music industry for nearly a decade now, Jiyong had met so many talented singers with various singing styles to he point he was rarely impressed with anyone anymore. But this blanket girl actually able to make him pay full attention to her singing from the start till the end. 

 

Objectively speaking, Jiyong heard even better voices than the blanket girl’s before. But from Jiyong’s personal perspective, this blanket girl has a pure serene voice that each word in her song was delivered directly to the listeners’ ears and straight to the heart making them felt connected to her.

 

“See ! She has an amazing voice right? I wonder why she does not sign in any agency and debut?” Seungri said wondering.

 

“Well. She got a good voice but her styling needs a lot of work. Do you know her?” Jiyong asked again.

 

“Of course not. But this is my second time I see her. Why?”

 

“Just. And does she usually cover herself like that? I cant even see her face.” Jiyong continued.

 

“Maybe because it’s winter time. And it’s really cold tonight”

 

They dropped the subject as their orders arrived. Jiyong momentarily forgot about the blanket girl as his stomach had been begging for food. He just ordered a simple spaghetti carbonara together with hot chocolate since the weather was freezing cold. 

 

Jiyong and Seungri finished their meals in no time as both men were too hungry to even breathe in between. As Jiyong sipped his hot chocolate, he suddenly remember about the blanket girl again. He quickly looked at the corner again in hope to find the blanket girl still sitting there with her guitar but she was gone.

 

“She only sang a song and left? Seriously?” Jiyong had this unexplainable dissatisfaction knowing that someone just caught his attention and the disappeared like that. It was like you were brought to a candy store but your mom said you cant buy any.

 

“When I was here last time, she sang for about 1 hour. Mm...maybe because she has something to do.” Seungri looked outside and the window and the snow was falling heavier.

 

“Hyung. The snow is getting heavier. I dont think you can drive back home.”

 

“Nahh. I still can drive home. Also I got few things to settle by tonight.”

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jiyong regretted that he did not accept Seungri’s offer to stay at his place tonight as the snow was seriously heavy. It’s been so long Seoul did not have this very bad weather. He can only see white snow all over the place. Luckily his car was not buried under the pile of snow. As he started his car’s engine, he saw someone walked or more like running in front of his car. Thanks to that person’s very bright colored outfits, he easily recognized her.

 

Blanket Girl was running to the bus stop at the side of the road.

 

“Dont tell me she is waiting for the bus in this weather.”

 

The bus usually did not run when the weather was bad. Even the superstar Jiyong who had not been using any public transport for years knew that. So why this blanket girl uselessly waiting for the bus which will not arrive?

 

Jiyong was contemplating whether to approach her and tell that fact since she was alone at the bus stop and it was already near midnight. It will be dangerous for a female to be alone in this kind of weather.

 

As Jiyong was still debating whether to approach her or not, a black car suddenly stopped in front of the bus stop before Blanket Girl entered the car. 

 

Well. At least I dont have to approach her

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It had been 2 months since Jiyong’s encounter with the Blanket Girl. But then you cant actually call it an encounter as the closest distance they even been was 5 meters away and he knew nothing about her.

 

During the 2 months period, Jiyong was so busy with concerts, fanmeetings, fashion show events and composing songs. Even if Big Bang was not in promotion period, their company still put them under hella busy schedules as they were the main artist of YG Entertainment who brought the most income and YG made sure they they used the fully. 

 

If he wanted to be honest, he was tired of everything. He felt like running away from everything to a place where no tight schedules chasing him everyday and where no one knew him. But then again, he knew that it will be the most irresponsible thing to do especially when he’s Big Bang’s leader. 

 

And on top of that, his 2 years relationship with a Japanese model, Mika which the media still got no clue about had been so shaky the past few months. Jiyong was in state of deep stress that he even took sleeping pills just to get a 2 hours sleep. 

 

The Blanket Girl ?

 

Of course he forgot about her. 

 

That one moment worrying about her in the heavy snow was just a basic human reaction after all. And his busy schedules and messy relationship allowed him no time to think about a mere part-timer singer in a small unknown cafe.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Yah ! Where are you? I thought we gonna meet at your house at 2 this evening. And it’s 3pm now!”

 

Jiyong cant believe that he waited for Seungri for an hour now in his apartment. They were supposed to eat lunch together before they watch a movie that Seungri had been bugging him for the whole week to watch it with him if not he wont watch it forever. Talk about Seungri being extra. And now, he did not even see Seungri’s shadow, his stomach felt like rotting due to hunger and Seungri only answered his call an hour later. He was beyond mad.

 

“Hyung. Mianhae. I was meeting my parents earlier. They come to Seoul so...”

 

“DONT YOU TRY LYING TO ME YOU RAT ! You said your parents in Busan for the whole week visiting your aunt!” Jiyong was used to Seungri’s excuses but this time he was so furious because he made the promise and yet he broke it.

 

“M..mianhae hyung. But...can we postpone our movie date later? Jinjja mianhae hyung. You can kick my  to the moon the next time we meet. I swear.” Seungri sounded scared at the end of the line.

 

“Dont call it a movie date you idiot. I am here just so that you dont go all sulky with me until next year. You were the one who begged me to come.”

 

“Yeah. I know. Mianhae hyung. You know I love you right?” Seungri tried using his aegyo voice which Jiyong made a mental note to drown him in Han River for that. 

“You are dead the next time we meet.” Jiyong ended the call before sighing.

 

Seungri’s apartment did not have anything that can be categorized as food. His fridge was full of alcohol beverages and snacks that Jiyong did not even want to look twice. He purposely did not eat since morning because he wanted to eat to his heart content for lunch before the movie session with Seungri. And now, he was beyond starving.

 

So he made his leave from Seungri’s house and decided to just eat anywhere outside before he headed back to his studio to continue his impending work. As he walked towards his car, he suddenly remembered the small cafe that he once went few months back near Seungri’s apartment. The foods there were delicious and it’s just nearby as he can walk there. 

 

It was in the middle of summer season. The weather was great as the sky was clear, the sun shining brightly and the wind blowing mildly. It was winter time back when he first went to the cafe. As he was enjoying the scenery from the sidewalk, a bicycle suddenly passed by him and he was pushed to the floor.

 

“Ouch!” Jiyong fell slight pain on his left arm that was hit by the bicycle. The cyclist seemed ignorant about that as he just sped up his cycle leaving Jiyong on the ground like that. Jiyong was really furious. It was so rude of that cyclist. But it was not like Jiyong can chase the cyclist and ask for an apology as he’s GDragon. And GDragon wasnt supposed to be found walking on a sidewalk. 

 

“Sir. Are you alright?”

 

Jiyong who was still on the floor heard a female’s voice beside him. He quickly adjusted his face mask and hoodie as he did not want any commotion to happen if anyone found him as GDragon.

 

“Nehh gwenchanayo.” Jiyong answered avoiding the female’s stare. She helped him get up from the floor. From Jiyong’s side glance, the woman was shorter than him and was wearing face mask too. Her long black hair was let free. And from that split second, Jiyong can see that the female was wearing white knee length dress with pink cardigan on top. And she had huge guitar case behind her back. 

 

Jiyong was too scared to even spend another second there so he quickly walked away leaving his helper behind.

 

“Oh God. That was so close. Damn that cyclist ! Luckily it nothing happened to me” 

 

As Jiyong babbling alone about his bad luck, he suddenly felt like someone was following him. 

 

Dont tell me sasaeng is following me. Can a man just eat his lunch in peace?

 

Jiyong felt like his day was getting worse. Living as an idol for years now, he always knew when someone was following him and most of the times his gut was always right. He was starving so he did not want to deal with any sasaengs of his right now. Luckily the cafe was just 10 meters away and he had to act fast if he wanted his lunch. But first, he had to confirm whether it was really a sasaeng or not. 

 

He slightly looked at his right side where the shops’ large windows showed reflections. And indeed, someone was walking not far behind him. 

 

The female who helped me just now? What the....is she a sasaeng?

 

Jiyong cannot believe his eyes. His sasaengs now even did roleplay. But Jiyong still had that little hope that his helper was not a sasaeng. And he was so not given up his lunch when he was just 5 meters away from the cafe now.

 

And so he bent down and tied his already perfect shoelaces. 

 

1...2...3...’

 

The woman just passed by him.

 

Thank God.’

 

Jiyong felt relieved that she was not following him. 

 

But then, he saw his helper entered the cafe that he wanted to go too. 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jiyong quietly entered the cafe and chose the most secluded table away from other tables. It was already 3:30pm at that time. Only an old couple was there enjoying their coffee and bread. What a perfect time to fill his hungry stomach peacefully. 

 

Jiyong quickly ordered large set of spaghetti that he ate before and iced mocha. As he waited for his order, he looked around searching for his helper. He was sure he entered this cafe but he did not see her anywhere. 

 

And then, he heard it again.

 

The sound of guitar being tuned. 

 

There she was. The blanket girl on the podium tuning her guitar. But the difference this time was she no longer wearing her ‘blankets’. She was wearing the same clothes as Jiyong’s helper at the street just now. 

 

And she did not wear her face mask anymore. 

 

Is she....’

 

Jiyong now can clearly see the singer’s face for the first time. If her voice blown him away the first time he heard it. Then her face just sent him to a world he never thought he will go.

 

Jiyong had seen so many pretty faces in entertainment world with better body and better background. But this singer that was casually sitting on the chair had the visual that made him tongue-tied. 

 

She looked so pure that Jiyong sure that she was sent directly from heaven. Opposite to her disastrous winter fashion, her summer outfit was simple but still beautiful. Her pink cardigan really matched with her white flowery dress. And Jiyong particularly liked her red sneakers. Her long black hair was so shining and there’s a white headband completed the hairstyle. 

 

And that face.

 

That makeup free face with porcelain white skin made her facial features stood even more. Her doe eyes were clear and beautiful. Her nose was high and her naturally red lips made everything about her screamed perfection. 

 

“Wow!” Jiyong cant help but amazed by what he saw. He couldnt believe that the blanket girl that actually irritated his eyes with her poor fashion months ago now made him awed. 

 

As Jiyong asked the owner when she delivered his order, apparently, the beautiful singer usually performed at the cafe every Friday night. Sometimes she will come in the morning or evening to practice her self-composed songs.

 

Jiyong couldnt ask more as he did not want the owner to be suspicious of him. So he enjoyed his late lunch while looking at the singer from afar.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jiyong chased the girl as she exited the cafe. He did not know why he followed her but his body reacted without his brain can process the consequences of his action. 

 

“Ex...excuse me!” Jiyong called her out. He felt like his soul detached from his body together with his voice. He knew he gonna regret this but being the impulsive he was, the consequences can be thought later. Luckily he wore his face mask and put his hoodie on.

 

“Yes?”

 

The moment she looked back, Jiyong knew he was facing with a huge trouble in a female form. It was his first time to be that close with the singer he just saw from afar all this while. If from the distant the girl was already a beauty, then from close up, she was goddess level. 

 

“Oh. You were the guy just now right? On the ground?” The girl had this smooth speaking voice that Jiyong thought can melt an iron. Why everything about this girl was extraordinarily beautiful?

 

He loved it but he hated it too. 

 

“Ah yeah.” After an awkward 10 seconds of silence and gathering his courage, Jiyong finally spoke. “Im sorry i didnt say my thanks to you for your help. I was in hurry. Thank you miss....”

 

“Ahh my name is Yoona. And you are welcome.” 

 

Yoona....’ Jiyong repeated mentally.

 

“Thank you....miss Yoona” 

 

“You are welcome ” Yoona smiled. And that’s when Jiyong felt his breath stopped he felt like he’s having asthma attack. He was not sure if it’s because his smoking habit finally showed its bad effect or if it’s because of the blinding smile in front of him that made his air pipe tightened. 

 

 

“Well...Nice to meet you sir. But i have to go now. See you around.” Yoona said smiling again.

 

Yoona walked away after she bowed to Jiyong.

 

‘I am in a freaking deep mess’

 

 

 

 

________________________________

an: Sorry for the very bad chapter T.T it's been so long since i wrote here. i just wrote this chapter without re-reading it. Please leave a comment okay? :D even a smiley would do.

also this story will end next chapter or after 2 chapters. I hope people like this story. See you again later :D