Chapter 13

Stand On My Own Two Feet

***

Tonight was the Basketball Squad Celebration party. It was held at the school's gym. The decoration team magically changed it to a glamorous party venue. There were so many people at the party, most of them are the member of the basketball squad and alumni. 

"Hey! Congratulations for the winning!" Said Sooyoung to Yoona. She had just arrived when she spotted Yoona near the door. Yoona smiled back to Sooyoung with a giggle. "Ah, thanks! But I think you should congratulate the players first, I'm just their manager!" Then they laughed together. Sooyoung suddenly spotted Donghae behind Yoona. He smiled when he looked at her. "By the way, do you see Yuri?" Asked Yoona to Sooyoung. She shook her head. "No, she's not coming." Yoona seemed surprised by Sooyoung's answer. "What? Why? She's like, the star of the party!" Sooyoung's eyes got big. She was surprised that Yuri didn't tell Yoona about her absence on the party. "She didn't tell you? She said she's busy because she has to study for the tests next week. You know her, right? The straight A's student. Ah, I think I should say hi to Coach Lee. Have a nice party Yoona!" Then Sooyoung left. Yoona turned to Donghae. They looked confused.

Donghae was walking near the buffet when somebody patted his shoulder. It was Eunhyuk. "Hello there, bro!" Donghae felt so happy to see his buddy in this party. "Whoa I don't know you're invited!" Shouted Donghae in surprise. Eunhyuk laughed. "Your buddy here can do anything, man." Euhyuk said with a smirk. "Um... Do you know where Yuri is?" Asked Donghae. Eunhyuk raised his eyebrow. "Why should I know where she is?" Donghae scratch the back of his head. "Yeah, you look close to her, actually." Eunhyuk nodded. "May I know why you're looking for her? Your girlfriend is just right there in the corner." Eunhyuk pointed at Yoona. She was chatting with the other girls. "There's something I wanna tell her....." Donghae sounded really awkward. Eunhyuk burst into laughter. "Ha! Gotcha!" Donghae looked superbly confused by his friend's reaction. "What?!"

***

Yuri was studying in her room when suddenly she saw lights from her window. It was like a flash light pointed to her window. Without any fear, she opened the curtain. She saw a man with a flash light down there. That man stopped flashing lights to her window and drew a big piece of paper from his jacket. "What are you doing?" the paper said. Yuri rolled her eyes and was about to walk away, when that man drew another piece of paper. "Don't go." Yuri stood still. She watched him drew another piece of paper from his jacket. "Congratulations on your winning! ^^!" That man smiled. Then he drew another piece of paper. "Good luck on your study!" Then he reached into his jacket. He looked in doubt to drew another paper. But in the end, he did. "Thanks :)" Then he walked away.

Yuri ran outside her house. She looked for that man, but she couldn't find him. She ran around her neighborhood, but she found no one. She was dead tired of running here and there. She stood in front of her front gate. She was panting so hard when suddenly she saw a figure walked towards her. It was him. "Lee Donghae." She murmured. Donghae stood in front of her. He smiled. He drew a piece of paper. "Doing light sports in the middle of studying is good for you." Yuri's eyes got widened. "I just didn't think you would run around that fast." He said. "Let's go somewhere." He grabbed Yuri's wrist. She pulled it back. "No, I have to study. " Donghae smirked. "Seriously? You ran around the whole neighborhood to find me but then you will just let me go? Come on, you can study science in this place." He grabbed her wrist one more time. This time, she didn't pulled it back.

 

**********Sorry for the super late update! T_T school started already and I was busy with school stuffs throughout the week T_T I hope you enjoy the latest chapter! Thanks so much for reading! ^^***********