1/1

When it rains

Jungkook hated how he just knew everyone around him was hiding something from him but he just couldn't discover what and why.

 

It all started when he woke up and didn't remember what happened in the last ten months. It was a rather traumatic experience for him to wake up in his own comfy bed when he expected to be waken up by his loud room mates from Hades Cabin , his back aching due to the hard mattress of the bunk bed . It was even worse when he discovered it wasn't the second of June, 2015 but the fourth of March 2016.

 

“ Do you mean I have lost ten months of my life ? What happened ? “ he asked in a frenzy getting angry at the fact that his parents and Jimin, his best friend since they were eight and got into Camp Half Blood for the first time to watch that horrendous orientation film , were acting like nothing was wrong .

 

“ Calm down , Mister Hot Pants. We are demigods . Memory loss happens all the time . “ Jimin said calmly while serving him a glass of sprinkled water .

 

While what the son of Aphrodite said was indeed true, those memory loss periods varied from a few hours to a month … not almost an entire year like what was happening to Jungkook . It was almost like someone tried to hide something really important from him and used his own mid as a trap.

 

“ Yes, but what happened ? Why did I lose my memory ?”

 

“ Oh , you know... the usual. Had this quest, turned out kind of …. later it turned out that the was some ultra ; we managed to get trough it but it was … I don't really know how to explain it. It was so traumatic that Chiron and the head counselor from the Apollo Cabin had no other choice but make you forget . “

 

“ That makes sense but, then again, why didn't they erase your memory too ? “

 

“ You know me , Kook .”

 

And yes, it was true. Jungkook did indeed know Jimin like the pocket of his jeans; after all they have been friends for ten years already. Jimin was nothing one would expect form a child of Aphrodite. Okay, he was more that good looking and he had his way of talking with people to convince them to do the things he wanted ( Jungkook thought it was charm speaking but Jimin vehemently denied the idea saying he was just very good at persuading people ) but that wasn't all there was to him . He was the best swordsman in the entire camp - even better than Ares' kids – and, when the situation was asking for it , he was vile and ruthless. Jungkook actually became scared of him during one quest when they were fifteen. They were supposed to get back one of Athena's lost threads and Jimin made a fury cry while interrogating her – and that says a lot since furies are some of the most vicious monsters. It was because he knew his friend that well, that Jungkook could say that Jimin was hiding something from him.
 

If he wanted to believe in his best friend's words he couldn't do it for more than a few days because , exactly four days after his awakening his father came to pay him a visit. It wasn't his sweet stepfather who kept loving and taking care of him and and his mother unconditionally despite the javelin and sword training happening in the backyard more often than not or the constant getting chased by ancient monsters drama; no. It was his actual father, Lord Hades himself and that was enough to make Jungkook's suspicions reach new limits. By godly standards Hades wasn't a bad parent: he didn't messed up with his children' s brains like how Nike or Nemesis did … but he clearly was no Apollo or Hermes; he didn't have nights out with his kids where they would relax singing the night and their problems out or just, you know, stealing some valuable stuff and running away from responsibilities in proper demigod fashion. All in all Hades wasn't the kind of guy ( god ) to take some time off work to visit his memory loss suffering child without ulterior motives ( He was more of the kind of god to complain he has too much work to do and make his children take a part of the workload ).

 

And then there was it. Who was it, you may ask. Well. It was Jimin's pet who happened to be this bigger than usual white wolf . Now, unusual choices in pets were quite common with demigods ( Hyungwon from Demeter Cabin used to have a drakon as his pet until it went completely nuts and almost burned everyone back at Camp Half Blood while Taekwoon from Hephaestus cabin had a bunny automaton the size of a a two story building ) but there was something about that animal that screamed it was more than met the eye about it. Perhaps there was the black sun spot adorning its forehead or its eyes that were looking piercing and untamed .

 

“ That animal, Hobi or whatever you call him looks like it can understand us. It's weird, it gives me the bad creeps. “ he confessed one day when Jimin was nuzzling the animal's whiter than the first snow neck fur instead of paying attention to whatever nonsense Jungkook was saying.

 

“ What are you saying ? It's stupid . “ Jimin responded but his voice was strained so Jungkook could easily detect the lie behind his words .

 

He himself changed on the ten months that passed without him having any memory of them . He felt more grounded, like the earth was a force meant to back him up with whatever kind of energy he needed and he also started to love rain. He used to hate it because it was a huge inconvenience during battle time; also it was a massive hindrance when he was shadow traveling – that special ability that children of Hades possessed and allowed them to travel wherever they wanted on earth using shadows. One time , when he was ten, Jungkook wanted to shadow travel himself from school to home during a rainy day and, accidentally, ended up in Bolivia ( his mother had a blast when she found out ). Recently though, he took solace in the rain. It was like all his missing pieces somehow got back to him and glued themselves in their rightful place during rain. His new ring also sparkled prettily whenever the raindrops fell from the sky. Being a demigod meant he couldn't get attached to objects. He was always under threat so he had to always carry as little as possible in order to flee as fast as possible had the situation turned chaotic ( unfortunately than meant no lovey pictures of him and his friends in his wallet) . He only had a big Stygian iron ring Hades gave him in order to get in and out of his domain without problems and a titanium watch that turned into a celestial bronze shield specially designed for him by Seokjin , his friend from Hephaestus Cabin. He figured out the new ring had to be as life saving as the other two devices for him to carry it around all the time but he didn't ask Jimin about it knowing he would not get a proper answer. The ring had a big onyx looking stone in the middle, sapphires that sparkled in the rain surrounding it . He tried using it in any way possible to see if it turned into a weapon ( Jimin had an imperial gold ring that turned into a spatha ) but all his attempts turned futile; the ring remained nothing but a pretty looking jewel . He knew he should get rid of it offering it to his mother since she liked those kind of things but he couldn't find it in himself to pull it off .

 

No matter what happens, no matter how far we are from each other, I'll find you when the rain is falling.

 

He was looking at the raindrops falling from the sky when this sudden though invaded his mind. He was not a poet like Namjoon from Athena Cabin so this kind of words never came to him. With this knowledge he realized that those words belonged in one of his forgotten memories .

 

“ Someone told me these words. The same person probably gifted me the ring … as a reminder . No, it can't only be a reminder. I'll find you when the rain is falling. That's it. The ring is probably some sort of device. If I manage to remember how to activate it, it will emit some signal of sorts and the person who gifted it to me will come .”

 

That theory wasn't the strongest one he ever emitted but it was, at least, a starting point. He had no persons to help him so he had to discover and do everything by himself.

 

“ Well , I have to start somewhere. “

 

He opened the window, checking left and right if he had unwanted company, and , seeing he was truly alone he put his hand out the window, into the warm spring rain. He closed his eyes and tried to focus on his internal energy. He could feel it pulsing in his veins, wild and untamed, and, ignoring how it felt different than usually, he pushed it trough his body trying to channel it out of him trough the black stone of the ring.

 

“ That's it Jungkook. Let's see if this works. “

 

His hand started to vibrate, a steady, pale blue stream of energy running out of his ring and into the rain that was getting heavier and heavier with each passing second.

 

“ It's working . “ he thought happily for a fleeting moment .

 

“ Stop it, kid. You are going to create a storm, a hurricane even, if you keep it that way .”

 

“ But ...” he said trying to continue focusing on his task and not on the commanding voice coming from somewhere behind his back that made him want to surrender completely .

 

“ You are only wasting your energy and possibly get a load of unwanted attention. He isn't going to come . “

 

That last sentence caught his attention because it meant his assumptions were right : the ring was really a communication and tracking device . His mind was working and the speed of sound. The being behind him said the person he was trying to call will never come so that meant something happened with him. It was , taking every piece of information that he possessed in consideration, a huge possibility that the person's disappearance had a deep connection with his memory loss .

 

“ Who is he ? Who did I tried to call ? Who is the person that I am missing ? “ he asked turning around only to be met with Jimin's huge wolf.

He was a demigod so, talking animals really didn't surprise him anymore. After all, Lupa was a wolf and also a goddess. What made him chuckle with bitterness was the fact that the animal knowing what Jungkook was trying to do meant the boy was right all along: his best friend and , basically, everyone around him, all the persons whom he though he could trust, were purposely hiding precious information from him.

 

“ I can't answer you to your questions. “ the majestic creature answered but the sadness and regret lacing its gaze and voice gave Jungkook the hope that, with a little coaxing he will be able to gather some new pieces of information.

“ At least give me a name, please . “ he said with desperation. He decided already that he will do everything in his power to find out what happened in the last ten months .

 

“ Yoongi. Yoongi is the one you are looking for .”

 

“ Is he dead ?”

 

“ Yoongi ? Dead ? “ the creature asked in an amused and slightly mocking tone like it was the most absurd thing one could ask. “ No, he is not dead. He is long gone, though . “

 

“ If he is gone does it mean that he can be brought back ? “ he asked with hope lacing his voice .

 

“ That is for you to try and find out and for us to hope . “ the wolf said, turning around to exit the room.

 

“ And one more thing “ he added, his back facing the boy “ I trust you with this quest, Jeon Jungkook, son of Hades . “

 

Jungkook only had a missing person, a name and an unusable communication device. He didn't have the best shot but he knew he had to make it out and solve the situation with the little things he had .

 

“ This time, when it will rain I will be the one finding you . “ he thought and he felt like a part of the heaviness in his soul had dissipated .

 

He looked outside and saw that the rain was gone already, replaced by the bright sun .

 

“ Damn Apollo, you took my first clue.” he said putting his hands in his pants' pocket while admiring the scenery.

 

His fingers suddenly made contact with something metallic. He put it out only to notice it was a golden

drachma, the god's currency. For the first time in what felt like forever he knew from where he was supposed to start.

 

He went outside in search of a puddle of water in which a rainbow would be reflected and , upon discovering it he tossed the golden coin in it :

 

“ Goddess Iris, please accept my humble and honest offer and show me Yoongi. “ he said and , almost immediately, the golden drachma dematerialized being replaced by the image of a boy, looking not older than Jungkook. His face was pale, deadly white, his eyes closed and his blonde locked dirtied with streaks of mint green were messily splayed around his head like a halo. He wasn't breathing but , since Hobi told him the boy was not dead, Jungkook didn't fret too much over this aspect . He was sitting in a room made out of marble, statues of gods and goddesses he couldn't name surrounding him. If Jungkook was right, the blond boy was in a temple, but whose ? Given the fact that he told him they will meet when the rain will fall he could be related to Poseidon ; after all, rain drops where a form of water . But wasn't rain coming from the sky which was Zeus' kingdom ? Was he looking for another demigod ? Why would a demigod be in a temple, alive but not breathing ? It didn't make any sense . He then thought maybe he looked at it from a wrong point of view . Maybe, after all , he wasn't trying to find a demigod but a god. Perhaps the god of rain . Jungkook asked himself if there was even such a thing as a rain god but then he reasoned with himself it was only logical such a god would exist. He didn't question why a god would give him a tracking device for him to find Jungkook, would the boy ever be in need. The gods were never this nice, not even Apollo who was the nicest god in the entire Olympus . After all , thinking about such things meant entering uncharted territories and that was not only dangerous but also time consuming and he really did not have all the time in the world to lose.

 

“ So I am searching for this supposed to be god called Yoongi that may, or may not, control rain . “

 

It was still too little but it was much more than in the beginning so he was quite pleased with the development. He knew he needed some more information but he doubted one of his friend would want to provide. It was a huge step that Jimin's wolf decided to tell him that name. With this in mind he opened his laptop and connected it to Hephaestus' Network. It wasn't the most righteous thing to do since the network was destined to gods such as Hermes who needed it for the huge database it contained but it was like the godly and more accurate version of Wikipedia and he was in a desperate need of such a thing. Breaking the rules wasn't such a bad thing; plus, Hephaestus was one of the nice guys most of the times ( except when you played around his automatons and he wanted to kill you in various painful ways that may or may not include slow burning you or throwing you into Tartarus ).

 

“ Let's see. This might be the most stupid search I will ever do on the internet or...well....Hephaestus Net so I hope it will at least be effective and not only embarrassing .“ he told to himself while he introduced Yoongi, god, water, temple in the search engine .

 

Automatically a dozen or so answers were available for him to read. Upon skimming trough them he decided to read the one written and uploaded by Hestia . After all, even if most of the gods, humans and demigods disregarded her, the goddess of the hearth was one of the most trustworthy and informed persons -gods- in the entire world; it also helped that she always was up for a good talk and not after your head like certain other gods ( Ares and Janus for example ).

 

If Reah and Kronos getting back together after the first Olympian war were news for you, there you are in for some good thrill when you will find out about Gaea and Ouranous' new adventure. If the titan king and queen , mother and father of all the gods of Olympus ( with the sole exception of dear Aphrodite, of course ) broke up soon after their reconciliation so the world was not affected at all , that was not the case for our oldest gods, Gaea, the one and only Mother Earth, and Ouranous , the one and only Father Sky.

 

Not even having her husband throw their kids in Tartarus and the getting chopped into tiny pieces by Kronos after they managed to escape stopped Gaea from getting back together with her godly husband after the fall of the giants. Even though their reconciliation soon ended due to Mother Earth going to a deep, hopefully eternal , sleep, the love between the two oldest gods created two new titan sons, Hoseok, the Wolf of the Rising Sun and Yoongi, the Wolf of the Black Moon. Although not many things are known about their godly powers, Hoseok shown abilities in controlling the winds while Yoongi showed his capacity with all the types of rain. The two of them pledged themselves as allies to the Olympian gods contrary to the popular belief of them siding with the giants and other titans. The news has it that they will descend from their place to Camp Half Blood to help Chiron train the young demigods.

 

Jungkook skimmed once more trough the article as to not leave out any piece of important information . He didn't know what to feel upon discovering that the wolf at whom he not so kindly glared at most of the time was a powerful titan but relaxed was not on the list. Not only was Hoseok a titan he was also Yoongi's brother. Based on the article the two of them worked at Camp Half Blood so he assumed during that period of time he met Yoongi while Jimin met Hoseok. It was also during their common time at Camp Half Blood when something took place causing Yoongi's disappearance ( Leaving Jungkook only with Yoongi's fashionable tracking device ring and the promise they will meet each other when it rains … something the young demigod didn't want to think about for it brought a lot of confusion ) and Hoseok's decision of following them and living with Jimin and Jungkook's family while pretending to be a rather uncommon pet.

 

“ Found something interesting ? “ someone asked and Jungkook instantly recognized the voice as belonging to Hoseok.

 

He turned around expecting to be met with a great wolf so he was shocked out of his skin upon seeing a young boy dressed in his clothes with chocolate brown locks fashionably trimmed and a pair of dark and piercing eyes.

 

“ What ? You didn't just expected me to look like a wolf twenty fours hours a day, seven days a week. Jimin would be so disappointed if I would do it . “ the titan said and Jungkook really did not want to think about the kind of relationship the Wolf of the Rising Sun shared with his best friend. He had more important and pressing matters to discuss, after all.

 

“ Well I really don't know much about this. Just some things I found on Hephaestus Net and my own assumptions .”

 

“ Shoot it . “

 

“ Well, you and Yoongi are brothers ; titan lords. One, you, is representing the bright aspect of a day while the other one , Yoongi, represent the darker one. You helped with training at Camp Half Blood and, around this time, you too met Jimin and I. “

 

“ That is correct. Anything else ? Maybe something that would tell us where my brother is .”

 

“ While there, you engaged into some kind of relationship with Jimin while Yoongi and I did the same … I don't know the nature of those relationships, though. Something happened causing your brother to become weak and disappear. I assume that , one way or another, I am the only one that can find him or know where he is. I Iris messaged him and only saw he was … sleeping, I guess, in what it appeared to be a temple.

 

“ You don't know the nature of those relationships? I will put it simple. I am dating Jimin and you were dating my brother. Some things that you have to discover on your own happened but you will only have yourself to help you figure it all our since Jimin and I, as well as the majority of the ones you know are under an oath upon the River Styx to keep silence regarding what happened; you know not even the most powerful god can break an oath made upon the Styx. Anyway after all the things that took place he was rendered weak so you took him somewhere safe. The problem is that when you returned at Camp Half Blood you immediately fell unconscious. When you woke up you had no idea what happened and you didn't remember neither him nor me . Now, don't dwell too much on the past. What is important is to find him. What was like the temple you so in the Iris message ? “

 

“ It was not that big. It was made of polished white marble and looked new, like someone always took care of it. There were some statues of men and women around . They didn't look like the gods I know and , also, the statues look so real ….like they were men and women who fell into something like a spell and turned into stone . Do you know such a place ? “ he asked hopeful .

 

Hearing what he said only made Hoseok start laughing.

 

“ You are smart, you romantic little . You hid him just under our eyes. Hid him in such a way that no threat could find him. “

 

“ I … what did I do ? I don't understand . “

 

“ The statues you saw, they are called the Severed Lover; they are men and women who were weak and couldn't make a sacrifice for the sake of their loved ones. Due to broken hearts and regrets they turned into stones and now they protect the ones in the temple by hiding them and, also, they keep the place pristine. You hid your lover in the temple of the goddess of love, Aphrodite . You little . This is why none of us could find him when we searched for him. Come on, lover boy you just got yourself a trip to Italy.”

 

“ Wait, that's it ! “

 

“ What's it ? “

 

“ You said that in order to appease Aphrodite you must make a sacrifice in the name of love so, probably, the sacrifice that I did in order to hid Yoongi was to lose all of my memories of him . After all what greater sacrifice can a lover make than giving his significant other up for him to be safe . “ he said and it was rather weird to talk about Yoongi, a titan lord of whom he had no memory of in such a way. He couldn't imagine the chain of events that ended up with him calling one of the immortals his loved one; it seemed impossible but, after all, you deal with impossible every second of the day when you are demigod .

 

“ That actually makes a lot of sense. After you returned we tried to think what happened to cause your memory loss hoping that finding the source of the problem will help us with finding Yoongi but I think it is not hard for you to imagine that we haven't had such good luck. I even tried to restore your memory using my godly power and it shocked me that I couldn't do it since, usually, this kind of thing is child's play for me; an oath or a sacrifice to a goddess , though … it changes the entire game; it's only logical that I couldn't restore your memories if they already belong to Aphrodite . “

 

Just as Jungkook tried to grasp everything that was happening around him in such a short time, Jimin entered the room looking rather shocked that Hoseok decided to reveal himself to the young son of Hades in his human form .

 

“ Hoseok what are you … “ he started but his sentence was interrupted by a loud BOOM and the appearance of a rather young looking woman.

 

She was beautiful, in a stern, scary looking way . Her hair was a dirty shade of blond and her eyes were as gray as the storm clouds. She was dressed in a black t-shirt and an emerald green dressed that reached the floor in floating waves .

 

“ Lady Athena . “ he said and tried to bow only for his gesture to be dismissed with one of her gestures.

 

“ Not time for all of the honorific bull, kid . I have to tell you that you were right all along and this means we have little time left. You have to go get Yoongi and woke him up as soon as possible or else we are all going to be doomed. I'll help you assemble a team and then you are ready to go. “

 

“ Don't we need a prophecy ? “ he asked since he learned in the first week of living in Camp Half Blood that you can't embark on a quest without the prophecy .

 

“ No such need. There was a prophecy issued but since I am also under an oath upon the Styx to keep quiet on what happened in the last ten months I can't tell you what it said . “

 

“ How many days do we have until Doom's Day . “ Jimin asked trying to sound calm and collected which helped a bit in calming Jungkook's nerves.

 

“ A week at best .”
 

“ Good then . Not much but we can work with it . We have to cross the Mare Nostrum fast , get Yoongi, wake him up and then stop Doom's Day . “ Hoseok said like it was the simplest thing in the world to do.

 

“ We have to take Seokjin . He is good at navigating and he is a Hephaestus kid which means he is always good to have around . “ Jungkook said as calmly as possible .

 

After ten years in Camp Half Blood he knew Seokjin was one of those demigods that was going places. The head counselor of the Hephaestus Cabin had a knack for inventing and repairing stuff just like his father but, additionally, he was insanely good looking and his nurturing personality was good enough to keep a team not only safe and sound but also in high spirits.

 

“ So we will also take Namjoon. These two are a package deal. It is good though , he is resourceful. “ Jimin added and Jungkook had to refrain himself from laughing when he heard Athena mumbling “ Of course he is good. He is my son .”

 

“ We have to take Taehyung too .” intervened Hoseok.

 

“ A son of Hecate ? I don't know about this . They have this tendency to over complicate things and we don't need that kind of trouble . We just have to travel as fast and unnoticed as possible . “ Jungkook said .

 

As far as he knew, he never personally met Taehyung , only heard about him from the other campers but his father wasn't too fond of Hecate's off-springs so he was raised to keep as far from them as possible.

 

“ Firstly, Taehyung is not a demigod, he is a god so this is a good addition by default. Secondly, he might bring Thanatos to help which is always a good bonus. Thirdly , he is the only sneaky bastard that managed to elude the oath upon Styx that forbids us from giving you information. “ Hoseok responded in such a bored voice you could think he was talking about the weather .

 

“ Wait ! Rewind a little bit. Taehyung is a god ? When the hell did that happen ? ”

 

“ Let's just say you forgot a load of good action . “ Jimin said sneakily .

 

Jungkook was experiencing that annoyingly frustrating feeling that comes when you restart a paused game and everything comes crashing on your head and you are basically failing miserably.

 

“ You mean I got the last ten months knocked out of my head and suddenly a demigod gets sired to god rank, my best friend and I fling around with mighty titan lords and Doom's Day is coming in a week ?”

 

“ Also, you are no longer a simple demigod and got yourself some new bomb powers . “ a deep voice said and Jungkook turned around only to be met with Seokjin, Namjoon and a devilishly handsome guy whom he didn't know but assumed he was Taehyung.

 

There were a lot of thoughts loitering his brain but the first to fly out of his mouth was, inevitably, the stupidest of them all :

 

“ When the flying fudges of Hades did my mom's living room turned into Prevent Doom's Day Society's hideout ?”

 

“ Jeon Jungkook watch your language ! “ Seokjin chastised him in proper Kim Seokjin mode and then continued in a polite tone “ Good evening , Lady Athena. “

 

Of course, Jungkook thought, please scream at the poor boy with memory problems that has to stop Doom's Day by finding a titan lord with whom he apparently s around even though he remembers bat about it . It's only fair, right .

 

“ Same too you Seokjin . Seems like you moved fast enough, Taehyung . “ Athena said rather bored for someone who had to leave preventing the Apocalypse in the hands of a demigod with memory issues, three demigods under the oath to not say anything helpful, a weird wolf - human titan lord boy, the world's strangest god and perhaps even to Death himself .

 

“ Oh, you know me Athena; always lurking around, collecting precious information and showing around just in time to save the day … or the world, in this case. By the way, Thanatos isn't going to show up. He has some problems with keeping the Doors of Death closed with Iapetus and Sisyphus constantly trying to destroy them and creating havoc in the Fields of Punishment . “

 

“ Do you think Thanatos will manage to keep the Doors closed until we wake up Yoongi ? We don't need more monsters and giants creating ruckus. “ Athena said suddenly more serious .

 

“ Yeah.... no biggie. He was deadly furious they made him work more shifts than necessary. “ the boy/god / Taehyung whatever he was said chuckling. “ You get it … deadly furious ; because he is the lord of death .”

 

Jungkook considered himself quite an amusing little fellow, that kind of super species of humans that had the ability to crack a good joke even in the darkest time but even him couldn't understand how Taehyung, god or not, could so easily make such bad puns – in front of Lady Athena nonetheless – while the world's end was approaching faster than you could yell “ ERS RUN THERE ARE MANIAS BEHIND US “. Perhaps the other noticed this because, for the first time he so rudely invaded his living room, Taehyung spoke to him .

 

“ I am Taehyung, by the way … not that we didn't previously meet each other ; Almighty god of swords and all kind of blades, sired as god by Lord Thanatos, Lord of the Death and keeper of the Doors. Come with me Jungkook, we have matters to discuss .

Jungkook did really not want to go with him . There was something weird, unsettling about that god and, all of a sudden, he thought he understood why his father told him that brave or not, on the right side of the barricade or not, children of Hecate were not that kind of force one would want to know. He just wanted to politely refuse when Athena told him in an icy cold voice that sent a bad case of creepy “ don't mess with what I said” goddess shivers up his spine .

 

He followed Taehyung outside the house in utter silence towards a black car. It was not big or out of the ordinary in any way so it shook him out of his nookies more that Apollo's Lamborghini disguised sun chariot. He hoped he didn't have to entered that car that gave him bad vibes and he was happy when Taehyung just took a bag out of it then closed it.

 

“ I could tell you everything that happened but I figured you would be more pleased to have a first hand experience of what happened instead of having a nice long chat with a guy who freaks the little lord of the darkness air out of you. Take this and go somewhere you know nobody will disturb you. “ Taehyung said handing him the bag.

 

“ What's in there ? “ he asked, reluctant to take the inoffensive looking bag in his hand .

 

“ A cape and a crown .”

 

“ Is it right of me to assume they belong to Yoongi ? “ he said hoping his assumption wasn't too outstretched .

 

“ Indeed it is . “

 

He finally took the bag and retreated in the confines of his bedroom where he took the cape and the crown out out for a detailed inspection . The cape wasn't too long; It had a velvety feel upon touching and it appeared to be long enough to reach the floor . It wasn't what one would comfortably wore in a battle but it was a nice accessory to wear at one of Zeus' dinners up on Mount Olympus . The crown was not to big and it had the same pattern as the ring Jungkook received from the titan lord so he presumed they have been a set once . Without his approval his heart did some sort of weird somersaults . He figured since he was now in possession of the items he might as well try them. After all, even if he wasn't supposed to do that Yoongi would not be too upset after he woke up from his gods know how induced slumber and found out. They were lovers after all ( Jungkook felt all sorts of strange even thinking about it . )

 

He didn't have the chance to look at himself in the mirror to see how the items suited him for a profound sensation of vertigo crash landed upon him making him faint. When he woke up he felt one of the most out of the ordinary feelings. It was like he was both himself and another person .

 

“ Yoongi, do you think it will turn out good ? “

 

“ Might as well. “

 

Jungkook had the shock of his life when he was faced with Hoseok and Yoongi sitting on the floor of what it appear to be one of the rooms in the Big House back at Camp Half Blood . In that instant he knew that the other person that transmitted him waves of emotions was the titan lord. It was easy to figure that that was happening due to Yoongi's cape and crown; after all, magical objects used by powerful being had the ability to do such thing .

“ Cryptic words coming form a titan with the ability to foresee the future . “ Hoseok said chuckling yet his eyes were covered with a thin veil of worry .

 

“ That is the problem. The future stays hidden from me . I can't see nothing but trivial thing that will happen in the next few days . “

 

“ So dark times are coming indeed . “

 

The scenery then changed to one of the famous chariot races . Jungkook could see himself cursing like a very creative sailor next to the ruins of what it appeared to be his chariot .

 

“ ing gods .” he said, his voice full of anger .

“ Have you called ? “ the Jungkook next to the chariot looked up only to see Yoongi smiling at him with the most charming human looking gummy smile .

“ Well I could use some help but I have to tell you that immortal intervention in the chariot race is totally out of the rules .”

“ Oh please, I am a titan. We have been made to break rules . Hop in .” Yoongi said outstretching his hand for Jungkook to take and hop into his chariot “ So who is our first target ? “

“ Jimin. That er messed with my chariot . Is it good enough for you . “

“ Oh it is more than fine. My brother helps that little . I so want to zap their sunshine . “ Yoongi said looking mischievous and in that moment Jungkook realized how it was possible for him to fall in love with the titan lord .

 

“ Yoongi, look . I told you something was wrong. The giants are stirring once again. If they side up with the titans and attach at the same time the forces of Olympus might not be enough to stop them . I studied the bond between you and Hoseok; how you too are able to combine your powers condoning a more powerful spell that way . I think that, if we managed to get demigods to acquire the ability to have joint powers we might stand a chance. There is this boy from the Hecate cabin that I managed to teach shadow traveling and that taught me Mist bending . This really might work Yoongi. I think if we manage to defeat them now we might keep them at bay for a much longer time. This could work. “ and excited Jungkook said .

 

They were in the Hades Cabin, the other tenants seemingly out . Jungkook had the same dark circles and worn out appearance that he gained from overworking his demigod powers and Yoongi appeared to be rather worried, a darkness clouding his features .

 

“ No. If what you say is right , and I believe it is I don't want you here .”

 

“ What do you mean ? “

 

“ I know the giants and I know my brothers and sister, the titans and I don't want you involved in a battle with them. Especially since some of the minor gods of Olympus such a s Nemesis might side with them . “

 

“ But this could work out .”

 

“ And what if it doesn't and you die ? What if it does work but you die anyway ? “

 

“ I will still die at some point , Yoongi. You must forget that I am mortal ; might as well lose my life saving the world . “

 

“ Bull ! “ Yoongi yelled causing thunders to be heard . “ I don't want to lose you . “

 

Jungkook never thought he would get the golden opportunity of seeing his dead body yet there he was looking at it . He was sure he was dead not only because of his multiple fatal wound but also for the fact that he could sense it .

 

“ He is dead Yoongi. Let's go . “ Hoseok said and Jungkook never heard such grave and dark undertones in anyone's voice in his entire life .

 

“ No . “ Yoongi said and his voice had an ancestral pain feeling to it like the entire world was mourning Jungkook's death .

 

“ He fought with Typhoon ; managed to throw him back to Tartarus by himself . He died a hero's death . “

 

“ I will not accept this . “ Yoongi said, the earth rumbling and shaking at his feet .

 

“ You have to. There is no other thing left for us to do than mourn his loss and not let his efforts go to waste . “

 

“Oh, but there is something I can do , brother . The ancient magic of the Earth . I can bring him back to life even if that means I will have to battle Hades. Thanatos and all the other gods of Olympus .”

 

“ You are not serious . This is the pain in you speaking .”

 

“ You and I both now I am one hundred percent serious . “

 

“ But that stuff is ancient magic . Not even us, titans should mess with it . Even if let's say you try and he survives … he will never be fully human anymore . He will share part of your blood and part of your power. Are you sure you are ready to do this ? “

 

“ As sure as I will ever be . “

 

Yoongi knelt in front of his dead body, his hands covering the bloody wound on his chest .

 

“ I, Titan lord of the ghostly moon and of all the things that are bound to wither and plunge into doom I reclaim you back to life . By the power of Mother Gaea, the Earth Mother herself, I tie my life to yours. Let my blood and my power be yours . Came back from the realm of the dearth Jeon Jungkook and be reborn as my champion. May our faiths be tied to each other by the forces of the universe until the world will turn back into the primordial chaos from which it was born once again . “ Yoongi said his golden godly blood seeping into Jungook's wounds, mixing with his essence and bringing him back to life.

 

When he came back from the realm of Hades the first thing that he saw was a fallen Yoongi, his body unmoving and his breath stopped .

 

“ Jungkook wake up ! “

Jungkook woke up in his room with a pounding headache like he just went trough the world's worst hangover .

 

Jimin and the rest of Doom's Day Crew were all around his bed looking worried but the only one who mattered for Jungkook in that moment was Hoseok .

 

“ I am sorry . . . for what I've done to Yoongi . It was stupid and reckless for me to do what I've done and he had to suffer the consequences of my actions . “

 

“ Never say that . What you did was brave and heroic . What my brother did was something that could not be stopped or eluded . Some things need to be done even if they don't seem to be the wisest choice . He knew what could happen and I know him … would the opportunity ever arise he would do that over and over again . “ Hoseok said in a soft voice .

 

“ Hoseok what do you mean ? “ Jimin asked in a small voice as confused as the rest of the demigods present .

 

“ Nothing to worry yourself over, darling . Come, we have to prepare to travel across the Mare Nostrum .”

 

When Namjoon told them he would take care of their ride to Italy, Jungkook assumed he would bring them something like a boat, or a minivan or even pegasi but, not even in his wildest dreams, did he assumed they will travel in a Apollo shaped automaton . Even though the interior was redesigned to permit living it was far from comfortable and privacy was almost impossible .

 

“ Kookie, are you okay ? “

 

“ I am as good as I can be . “

 

“ Do you want to talk about it ? “ Jimin asked and, although the slightly older demigod was his best friend and Jungkook learned that he was forced to keep quiet he still resented him a little bit for not giving him even the slightest clue .

 

“ Talk about what ? About how I feel ? How it tears me apart that I could love someone with my whole being yet have no memory of him ? How I can not breathe properly ? How I drown in my tears every time I think about how someone was ready to sacrifice the entire world for my sake ? I am on a quest to wake him up so he can fight against Doom' s day yet I don't have even the slightest idea about how I will do that . “ Jungkook said frustration and hurt lacing his voice .

 

Jimin wanted to say something, perhaps some comforting and encouraging words for his tormented best friend when Taehyung materialized out of thin air next to them and told them in a mildly terrified voice :

 

“ Thanatos has failed. The Gates of Death are now open . I will go there and help him seal them once again … the only problem is Typhoon and Python have escaped. They are heading towards here. You are going to have to help Hoseok defeat them and send them to Tartarus . “

 

“ I … how ? “

 

“ Your theory. The joined powers. Our only chance is having you join powers with him . You did it before with me , back at Camp Half Blood, and it worked . “

 

“ Yes, but back then you were just a demigod. Hoseok is a titan and I don't know how I can do it. I don't even know what power we can combine . “

 

“ Fret not . When Yoongi … did what he did … he transferred you some of his powers to you . Hoseok is a powerful titan but what made both him and Yoongi so strong was their bond. The fact that both the Lord of the Day and Lord of the Night worked together made some kind of unity that couldn't be destroyed . Fighting by Himself, Hoseok is too weak to defeat them … but with Yoongi's powers, even if they are not at their full capacity , there are big chances of winning. Also, maybe if he senses his powers being used will make him realize the danger and wake up. You have to try Jungkook. This has to work out. Failure is not a luxury that we can afford. “

 

” I guess you are right . “ Jungkook said and Jimin could almost physically feel the strain in his best friend's voice .

 

It hurt, seeing everyone like this . Perhaps what was the most disturbing thing plaguing Jimin's mind was that he was less worried about Jungkook and all the others' faith that he was about Hoseok . He wasn't like this . He was not raised this way , quite the contrary : his mother , Aphrodite herself , taught him that love was nothing more but a powerful tool ; knowing the person one could die for … or, even better, being the person one would die for , made you invincible . He didn't know how or when or even why all of these happened to him ; how, amidst everything, it was Hoseok that was ever present in his thoughts and concerns. It should have never been that way and he knew it better than anyone else . Sooner or later he will be doomed .

 

“ What are you thinking about ? “ Hoseok inquired and Jimin couldn't help but sigh; speaking of the handsome devil and he comes in flesh and bones to ask about your whereabouts .

 

“ You . “

 

“ Are you worried about me ? “ Hoseok said and it always surprised Jimin how the titan's lord voice could sound so feathery soft sometimes .

 

“ I am . “ he responded and he found himself rather shocked that what came out of his mind was the honest truth .

 

“ You should not. It's gonna be okay . “

 

“ But how can you know ? “

 

“ I am a titan. I can see the past the present and foresee the future . There are little things that escape my sight . “

 

Maybe those sentences hit too close home because Jimin found himself quietly muttering :

 

“ Yet you still love me ? “

 

“ That I do . Wouldn't change you for anyone else . Now come , we gotta save the world . “ Hoseok responded smiling cheekily causing Jimin to smile in return .

 

Perhaps his mother was not as right as he used to thing she was; after all, gods ere notoriously known for how often they ed up . Loving Hoseok might not have been the most god approved decision but damn it felt good .

 

He was optimistic and that was a good thing before a battle but his high spirits considerably dimmed in front of the enemy . Not only were Typhoon and Python huge and hard to defeat , they also came with a huge army of minions practically overpowering them .

 

“ Taehyung, you and the rest will fight the army while Jungkook and I take those two . “ Hoseok said charging to battle.

 

“ Sounds good to me . “ Taehyung answered too cheery to be appropriate in that situation while he summoned his sword and staff .

 

“ Of course it sounds good to you. You don't have to fight ing Python . “ Jungkook said it annoyed but he , too, looked ready to fight .
 

Like most bloody fights this one was also a blurry mess . Being preoccupied to fight with some Jimin thirsty minotaurs , the young demigod could only catch glimpses of how his boyfriend and his best friend coped with fighting the gigantic monsters . He was hearing cries of pain from time to time coming from their direction but, since he knew how important it was to not lose his focus, he decided to ignore them. If it wasn't enough that the fight was bad enough as it was it even started raining: it was not even the ordinary drizzle that annoys the out of you but it it all in all innocent; it was downright pouring buckets of water over their heads causing them to loose their footing due to the soil getting muddy.

 

“ , if it keeps raining like that I am going to accidentally cut myself ! “ he heard Jungkook's yelling voice. “ ing gods ! “

 

“ Have you called me ? “ that voice was so thunderous and unexpected that it caused all of them , monsters included, to turn their heads to see what it was all about .

 

A shocking but much welcomed image greeted them all: Yoongi was right there, all gummy smiles and bow raised ready to shoot, like he just came to Dionysus' birthday party and not Prevent Doom's Day Operation .

 

“ Never thought I could be so happy to see you face. Now get back here and be useful . “ Jimin heard Hoseok's relieved voice and he smiled because he knew it meant they were saved.