{1/1}

Thief

[A/N] In this story, I say the word a lot, but rest assured, Minseok's underwear is not the frilly, feminine undies we all know and love. I just really like the word .


 

 

It all started when the weather had begun to get warmer. Minseok usually does his laundry every Sunday of the week and with the new warm weather, he decides to take advantage of it and starts to hang his clothes out to dry. This way, he didn't have to wait yet another half an hour downstairs in his apartment's laundry room that reeked heavily of piss and smoke. Instead, he'd just put his clothes on the balcony and let the air dry them. His delicates, though, were treated with more care. He had a special rack for them and chose to keep them inside so they wouldn't be blown away. The rack would go beside the window and Minseok would open it so the breeze could dry the delicates. It all worked out great because Minseok was saving money and nothing seemed to go wrong.

     That is, until the first pair of went missing.

     Minseok had thought little of it; he at first just guessed that he must've dropped them when he was lugging up his basket full of clothes from the laundry room. But, after some picking at his memory, Minseok recalled that he put the on the rack. Which means he did have it when he came back upstairs.

     It was odd, puzzling even, because after a thorough search of his apartment, that pair of was nowhere to be found. Minseok tried not to think too much of it, it was only one pair of gone missing, after all.

     Until it wasn't.

     Over the next few weeks, Minseok's number of were diminishing, and he couldn't find a goddamn reason why. Sometimes, one would be gone and then the next time, it'll be two. It was like they were disappearing into thin air! Minseok has checked everywhere he could think of and he even asked some of the other residents in the building if they knew where his were. As embarrassing as it was to breach on the topic, no one had so much of a clue as to where the missing were.

     "I'm telling you, Baek, this is some creepy X-Files . How could all those disappear like that? I barely have enough to wear now. I'm actually at Walmart buying a pack right now." Minseok complains on the phone to his best friend, who's more than a little amused.

     "Have you thought about the possibility of a thief being on the loose? Maybe it's a stalker who sneaks into your apartment to steal your !" Baekhyun says around a mouthful of giggles. Minseok rolls his eyes as he pays for his things and then walks out to where his car is parked.

     "Are you trying to scare me? It's not even possible to sneak into my apartment because I have double balcony doors with locks and chains and even the windows are framed with steel bars so no person could fit through them. And even if they could bypass all those securities, how would they even get on my balcony? I live on the ninth floor, Baekhyun. If someone were to get on my balcony, they'd have to have cat-like abilities.

     "Hey, it's not impossible. Maybe you just have a really dedicated stalker! Anyway, why don't you hold a stakeout tonight?" Baekhyun suggests.

     "What am I? The F.B.I?"

     "Don't get sassy on me, bub. I don't see you coming up with anything. Isn't that the reason you called me in the first place?" Minseok couldn't argue with that, Baekhyun was right.

     "Alright fine, I'll try the stakeout. But if you don't hear from me by tomorrow, assume the stalker got me and I'm being kidnapped to become their wife."

     "Oh don't be so melodramatic! Besides, they might be hot. Bye, Minseok. Love you! Go get that thief!" When Baekhyun disconnects, Minseok stays seated in his car and thinks about how he should do this stakeout thing and if he should really do it. In the end, as he starts up his car, Minseok has come to the decision that if he wanted to find out where his where going, he would have to do it.

     So that's why, at ten thirty at night, instead of crawling under his bed sheets as usual, Minseok takes off the lights and immediately goes to hide in the kitchen. If this so called thief really was stalking him, they would know that he's going to bed now and it won't be long before they sneak in.

     Half an hour goes by without anything happening and Minseok's eyes are starting to droop. Maybe this was futile and he will never find out what happens to his .

     Suddenly, out of the corner of his eye, Minseok notices movement by the opened window. He squints through the darkness and sees something squeeze through the bars. The shape is unrecognizable but Minseok holds his breath and watches as it stops next to his rack of delicates. It kind of looked like a hand? Maybe the thief was shoving their arm through the bars! Whatever it is, it grabs a from the rack and Minseok gasps.

     "Hey!" He shouts and tries to run over but he trips on his carpet and falls flat on his face. Minseok quickly looks up to see his disappear through the window and he groans in frustration. Minseok picks himself up and races out onto the balcony and looks down, eyes scanning everywhere until he sees his flitter around the corner. How did they get on the ground so quick?! "Oh hell no, I'm not letting you escape!"

     Minseok runs through his apartment and slips on his shoes before barrelling down the stairs and out to the street. He sprints in the direction he last saw his go and makes a sound of victory when he spots it, flying close to the ground. Okay, this is seriously really weird. Why is it so close to the ground? Is a leprechaun my thief or something? Minseok thinks to himself as he continues to chase whatever it is he's chasing. All he could see was a pair of short legs and damn, they were fast!

     "Sorry!" Minseok exclaims when he bumps into a few people walking and he turns to make sure they're okay. They tell him they're fine and Minseok apologizes once more then starts running again only to find out that he's lost the thief. "Oh , where did they go?" He groans and slows down to a walk. Minseok looks high and low, back and front but it was no use, he'd lost them.

     Dejected, Minseok turns to go back home but then he hears a voice from behind him. He goes to check it out and peers down an alley to see a guy standing at the end of it, waving his hands around and seemingly raising his voice at something. Minseok goes to ignore it but then the guy waves his hands around again and Minseok squints to get a better look at what is in his hand.

     His goddamn .

     Without thinking, Minseok launches himself towards the guy and screams as he kicks him in the face. "It's you! You're the thief! You're the one who keeps taking my underwear!" The guy goes down, groaning and gripping his face and Minseok snatches back his from the guy's hands. "I'm gonna call the cops if any of my are missing again!" Minseok turns to leave in a huff but the guy weakly calls out to him to stop.

     "W-Wait! Don't go! I can explain!" He says and gets to his feet. In the dim light of the alley, Minseok sees the stranger's face and can't help but think that Baekhyun was right when he said his thief might be hot because this guy was smokingbut that's besides the point. 

     "What can you explain? How you're a dirty ert who likes to steal people's ?" Minseok sneers and grips onto his underwear tightly.

     "I'm not the one who stole your ," the guy says and Minseok scoffs.

     "Then why were you holding them?" Minseok counters. The guy laughs but then winces and holds his cheek from where Minseok got that good kick in. There's no bleeding but both of them knew it was gonna bruise. The guy then crouches down and calls out to something in what seems like Mandarin and Minseok watches as a black cat with brown patches on its fur comes out of the shadows and leaps into the guy's arms.

     "Meet Chen, the real culprit," the stranger reveals and scratches behind the cat's ears. The stranger starts to walk out of the alley to the better lighted street and Minseok follows him.

     "Chen? He's my thief?" Minseok questions in confusion.

     "Apparently. A few weeks ago, Chen started coming home with and he made them into a bed. At first, I thought they were old ones that he found in the trash or something but then I noticed that they looked perfectly normal and when I'd walk by his makeshift bed, it smelled fresh like it came from the laundry. So that's when I concluded that he must've been stealing them. Tonight, I followed him out but then I lost him until I saw him run into this alley with your . I grabbed them from him and started to scold him and that's when you showed up.... and drop kicked me in the face." Minseok then gasps, realizing his mistake.

     "Oh my God! I am so sorry for that! I had no idea it was your cat that was my thief, I thought it was you! I should have known it wasn't a human because I live pretty high up and no human could get on my floor. Holy , I'm really, really sorry Mister... uh,"

     "Luhan, my name's Luhan."

     "I'm Minseok. I'm sorry for kicking you, Luhan." Minseok apologizes and frowns. "Chen got me a little too riled up." He scratches under the cat's chin and the feline purrs in delight.

     "It's fine, I'd be a little angry too if my disappeared every week," Luhan chuckles. "Well, I'd better get going. I gotta take Chen home and give him a good scolding and punishment. Um, do you want your back? I can wash them all and you could come pick them up?"

     "Yeah, I'd really like them back."

     "Alright, here's my number. Call me tomorrow or something and we'll talk more about it. Bye, Minseok," Luhan says and waves as he walks away with Chen. Minseok waves back and then stares at the card Luhan just gave him before walking back home with a grin on his face. 

 

 

 

 

 

 


[A/N] Oh man this drabble was fun to write. Thanks for reading and I hope you liked it too!

Bye, Lovelies~


소니아 (\_/)