Chapter 2

On the road
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

‘Jaehyun-ssi… i’m sorry… i can’t’ 

 

 

 

‘Why…?’ gosh he looks sad, what to do?

 

 

I suddenly reminded… Heehyun! She must be waiting for me right now

 

 

 

‘I have someone in my mind when you describe it… i’m sorry Jaehyun-ssi’ I return the roses to him and rush to the school gate 

 

 

 

Heehyun’s POV

 

 

 

It’s already 3 am, why she hasn’t come out yet

 

 

 

i leaned on my bicycle, 

 

 

 

‘Heehyun-ssi’ Suddenly a girl called my name running toward me 

 

 

 

‘Chaeyeon-ssi, why are you running? How’s your feet?’ I held her hand 

 

 

 

‘It’s okay Heehyun-ssi’ She smiled looking… Shy? 

 

 

 

‘Come on Chaeyeon-ssi, let’s go home’ 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyeon nodded and sat at the back seat circling her arm around Heehyun waist, they went to Chaeyeon’s home passing through the road that Chaeyeon always pass by when she go to school, the road that always lack of people walking by, the road that always quite. 

 

 

 

 

‘Chaeyeon-ssi’ Heehyun asked 

 

 

 

‘Hmmm?’

 

 

 

‘Are you always walked by this road every time you go to school?’

 

 

 

‘Yes, and I actually felt weird seeing you this morning Heehyun-ssi. Because every time i walked on this road there always be quite, there’s no a single person pass by’

 

 

 

‘Uhmm… Chae-Chaeyeon-ssi, Do you mind dropping the formality…? it’s awkward that we call each other formally when we’re riding a bike together’ She chuckled 

 

 

 

‘Of course, uhmm so… Should I call you Un-unnie? sin-since you’re on your senior year’

 

 

 

‘Okay’ Heehyun smiled and nodded 

 

 

 

‘Heehyun unnie, actually you’re the first person I met on this road since 3 years ago. It’s strange that there was always no people walked by on this road every time i walked by, but i’m getting used to it already, and i thought maybe there was people walking by this road when the school time or when i’m not passing by’ 

 

 

 

‘That’s pretty interesting,…Hmmm… Chaeyeon-ah, do you like cooking?’ Heehyun asked 

 

 

 

‘Chaeyeon-ah…’

 

 

 

 That word rings through Chaeyeon’s mind, it made Chaeyeon feel that questionable feeling again, the feeling that Jaehyun described to her 

 

 

 

‘Chaeyeon-ah!’ 

 

 

 

‘Y-yes…?’ 

 

 

 

‘You sure like to dozing off huh? What are you thinking…?’ Heehyun asked curiously

 

 

 

 

‘No-nothing!’ Chaeyeon shouted 

 

 

 

‘No need to shout’ Heehyun laughed, covering her left ear playfully

 

 

 

‘Mianhae unnie,… Hmm… Heehyun Unnie?’

 

 

 

‘Yeah?’

 

 

 

‘What are you doing after you got me home?’

 

 

 

‘I’m going to the market’ 

 

 

 

‘Can I come?’ Chaeyeon shouted 

 

 

 

‘Uhmm… I don’t think you can, today will be pretty busy Chaeyeon-ah… Maybe next week? there will be a new employee working at our store, so i’m not that busy’ 

 

 

 

‘I can help!’ she placed her hand at Heehyun’s shoulder,

 

 

 

They’ve arrived at Chaeyeon’s front door 

 

 

 

‘It’s okay Chaeyeon-ah, or… What if we ride around the city on Sunday? Heehyun smiled 

 

 

 

‘Seriously Unnie?!’ Chaeyeon sounded excited

 

 

 

Heehyun laughed ‘Of course,… Uhmmm… Chaeyeon-ah, Should I pick you up tomorrow?’ 

 

 

 

‘You don’t need to Unnie, you see, i ran just fine earlier’

 

 

 

‘Arasso…’ Heehyun nodded 

 

 

 

‘See you on Sunday Chaeyeon-ah’ Heehyun patted Chaeyeon’s head and left 

 

 

 

Chaeyeon heart flattered by the sudden gesture, she smiled and went inside her room. 

 

 

 

 

In fact, the ‘See you on Sunday’ statement doesn’t really matter in reality. Chaeyeon kept crashing on Heehyun at the road after school, knowing that Heehyun is busy handling the family business they just greet each other whenever they accidentally met, or they will eat ice cream together at the seashore and have a brief talk. Chaeyeon always flustered whenever she met Heehyun, Chaeyeon always looks so clumsy and clueless, and that always made Heehyun day even thought it happened so fast. 

 

 

 

 

The day that Chaeyeon had waited for came, It was Sunday. At the morning Heehyun picked her up at her door and they ride around the city by Heehyun’s bike. The weather was so nice, the sky was blue, her and Heehyun riding the bike on that road that they always met, the air blows their air, her hand circling Heehyun waist, it was like a dream. 

 

 

 

 

These days, I remember it more
That precious promise

 


Feelings for you are gathering and rising up
I can’t hold it in

 

 

They’re now seating on the road near the seashore eating ice cream, this afternoon is pretty hot since its summer. 

 

 

 

‘Chaeyeon-ah thanks for companying me’ Heehyun smiled 

 

 

 

‘Aniyo unnie… i actually enjoyed being with you’ 

 

 

 

Heehyun laughed, ‘I’m sorry i’m not that fun to hang out with’ 

 

 

 

‘Today was fun Unnie, seriously’ Chaeyeon smiled grabbing Heehyun’s hand 

 

 

 

Heehyun looked at Chaeyeon, She fall into her eyes that tells her something that she can’t figured it out, something that made her feel protected, their heart beats starts to sync. 

 

 

 

They stare at each other eyes, lovingly 

 

 

 

‘It has been one week since we met, and there’s no a day without meeting you Chaeyeon-ah, honestly meeting you at the road everyday always made my day, Its always remind me that I’m not alone in this world’ 

 

 

 

‘You’re not alone Unnie, you have me’ 

 

 

 

 ‘I want to promise you something… Chaeyeon-ah’ Heehyun said 

 

 

 

‘Promise?’ 

 

 

 

Heehyun held Chaeyeon’s left hand and starts to speak 

 

 

 

‘Honestly i’m not that kind of person who good at making friend…, you are the first one…. I… want to promise you that when you’re walking on this road, i’ll always be at the end of this road waiting for you… I promise i’ll be a good friend, Chaeyeon-ah’ 

 

 

 

‘a good friend’ 

 

 

 

Chaeyeon heart started to ache, she doesn’t know why, but it hurts so much.

 

 

 

‘I promise you i’ll always remind you that you’re not alone Unnie. I’ll be a good friend to you too Unnie’ She smiled sadly 

 

 


Chaeyeon just stared at Heehyun that was holding her hand smiling, her cheek felt a drop of water dripping. She looks at the sky checking if it rained, but it’s not. She realized, that she was crying.

 

 

 

‘Aigoo… Chaeyeon-ah, why are you crying?’ Heehyun wiped her tears with her sleeve

 

 

 

Chaeyeon shook her head, ‘Aniyo Unni, i think there’s dust in my eyes’

 

 

 

Heehyun face get near to Chaeyeon’s gently blowing the so-called-dust off Chaeyeon’s eye 

 

 

 

Heehyun’s heart trembled, ’that feeling came back again’ Heehyun thought 

 

 

 

 

This unstoppable trembling

Your look that makes me feel good

Now no one can have me but you

 

 

 

 

Day by day has passed and not a single day Chaeyeon doesn’t met by Heehyun at the road after school, it felt awkward just to meet Heehyun so Chaeyeon always ran every time she passed the road, meanwhile Heehyun’s day not as bright as usual without seeing the clumsy Chaeyeon anymore, she wonders if Chaeyeon hated her since she ran away every time they accidentally met, but if Chaeyeon hate her, what could be the reason?

 

 

 

 

These days Chaeyeon really loved to stopped by the road and enjoying the scenery on the road after school. And do you know what happened to Jaehyun? Jaehyun is now being Chaeyeon’s best friend after he asked Chaeyeon to be friend with him, they shared many similarity like they both like the color pink and stuffs. 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyeon and Jaehyun was now sitting at the sea shore enjoying their late-lunch since it was already evening, their friends at school thought they’re dating. And yes, they’re now pretending to be dating each other because Chaeyeon just too tired to deal with boys anymore. 

 

 

 

 

‘Jaehyun-ah, you know…’ 

 

 

 

‘Hm?’

 

 

 

‘I think i like someone…’

 

 

 

‘Really?! Who is he? omg i’m happy for you i thought you never interested in someone’ he says excitedly 

 

 

 

‘Actually this is my first time… liking someone so much’ 

 

 

 

‘Awww… you met your first love’ 

 

 

 

‘i don’t know, Jaehyun-ah… I cried yesterday because of her’ 

 

 

 

‘You cried? Wait…. Her?!’ Jaehyun surprised by the sudden confession

 

 

 

Chaeyeon just nodded while Jaehyun looks confused 

 

 

 

‘So… who is she? don’t say that she’s Yebin or i’m gonna kill you really’

 

 

 

‘What’s wrong with Yebin? she’s my best friend…’

 

 

 

‘She’s evil’ Says Jaehyun disgustingly 

 

 

 

Chaeyeon just laughed at Jaehyun statement, ’It’s not her actually…There’s this girl i met at the market last Sunday’ 

 

 

 

‘She’s one of the seller?’

 

 

 

Chaeyeon nodded smiling, ‘She’s…. I don’t know, every time i’m with her I felt nervous, I can’t talk properly,… and it happens every time, not just once…. It’s strange’ Chaeyeon said dreamingly 

 

 

 

‘Well… Its love, you can’t deny it, you can avoid it,… it will just grow stronger if you deny it Chaeyeon-ah’  

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter