Chapter 1

On the road
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It was a sunny Sunday morning, a girl walked out of her house welcomed by the sound of birds chirping flying through trees, feeling summer breeze softly caressing her skin. The view of the sea in Front of her house was so beautiful, the waves was calm and the sky was blue and bright just like what you always see in a painting.

 

 

 

 

‘Woaaah, the weather is so nice, Good morning!’ She greeted her neighbor that currently fishing in front of her house 

 

 

‘Good morning Chaeyeon-ssi, good day’

 

 

‘Good day Ahjussi’ She smiled ‘how is it? Have you catch some?’

 

 

‘i just started’ 

 

 

‘Well… i have to go to the market, Ahjussi Fighting!’ she smiled while clenching her fist 

 

 

‘Thank you Chaeyeon-ssi have a good day!’

 

 

‘Yes, Thank you Ahjussi’ she waved from afar 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyeon, the girl named Jung Chaeyeon who lived by the sea in a town named Busan. Chaeyeon lived alone since her grandmother died a few years ago, her parents left her at the orphanage when she was still a baby because of money problem. At the age of four, her grandmother found out and came to the orphanage Chaeyeon lived to bring her back home and take care of her. She lived happily with her grandmother, until the age of 13 her grandmother died because of heart failure. There are times that Chaeyeon got frustrated and sad wondering where does her parents are right now, but she never showed it in front of her grandmother and friends. Chaeyeon was a good girl, she had a very bright personality and great manner not to mention her beautiful smile that makes boys go crazy. 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyeon’s POV 

 

 

 

 

I walked by the road that located by the sea shore that led me to the market. This Road that led me to the school everyday was always quite, not many people walked pass this road, the sound of sea waves crashing each other can clearly heard, the sound of my steps can clearly heard because of the lack of people walking. 

 

 

 

 

I’ve arrived at the market and bought some ingredients to cook for dinner. 

 

 

‘Good morning Chaeyeon-ssi’ the seller greeted me with her smile  

 

 

‘Good morning Ahjumma, uhm Do you have some mushroom? i want to try cooking something different for dinner’ 

 

 

‘Sorry Chaeyeon-ssi you know i only sells veggies, maybe you can find it there’ she pointed to a store that i’ve never seen before

 

 

‘i don’t remember there was a store there’ 

 

 

‘it’s new, they just opened two days ago’ 

 

 

‘Thank you Ahjumma, have a good day’ i walked out the store smiled

 

 

‘have a good day too, Chaeyeon-ssi’ 

 

 

 

 

 

I walked in to the store that the Ahjumma was pointed me to. The store was not so big, there was so many ingredients and spices organized nicely, it was just perfect. I looked around and found the mushroom and grab some of them and walked to the cashier. 

 

 

 

 

 

And there was no one there 

 

 

‘Uhmm… Excuse Me,… Uhm…’ i knocked the cashier desk 

 

 

‘Excuse me, i am here to-‘ suddenly someone tapped me from the back

 

 

i peeked back slowly, it’s not a ghost right? i must be crazy, please don’t be a ghost i wanna leave more longer 

 

 

i trembled and suddenly… 

 

 

‘Welcome to our shop’ the girl said, i starred at the floor 

 

 

‘Uhmm… Miss?’ She looked at me, i starred up since she was a little bit taller than me

 

 

 

 

Her eyes were sparkling deep brown… whoa… are you even a person? How could a person have this beautiful eyes? My heart starts to beat faster than usual. What is happening to me? my body froze by the stare, it feels weird that my stomach doesn’t feel well

 

 

 

 

‘miss!’ she called me one more time and shake my shoulder 

 

 

i shake my head, ‘y-yes…’ 

 

 

she chuckled ‘the cashier is right by the entrance, miss’ 

 

 

My cheek turned red, gosh i looked stupid in front of her ‘sorry…’ i replied

 

 

She led me to the cashier and packed my mushrooms. 

 

 

‘Uhmm… about earlier i-‘

 

 

‘it’s okay it happens all the time’ she smiled 

 

 

I starred at her lips, oh my god her smile… once again my body feels weird gosh what happened to me? stop 

 

 

‘Miss…’ she waved her hand in front of my face 

 

 

‘Y-yes,… uhm… how much?’ 

 

 

she smiled ‘Our store just opened two days ago, i give it for free since it’s your first time visiting here’ 

 

 

‘Really?! thank you so much uhm…’ 

 

 

‘Ki Heehyun imnida’ 

 

 

‘Heehyun-ssi’ i look down blushing 

 

 

‘Your Welcome… Chaeyeon-ssi’ 

 

 

‘Yo-you know my name?’ she knows my name?! is she a ghost or someth-

 

 

she chuckled once again and pointed her finger to my chest area, i looked down 

 

 

‘your necklace…’ she smiled ‘Thank you for visiting our store, see you next time’ she bowed  

 

 

So embarassing, Jung Chaeyeon you idiot! i knocked my head 

 

 

How could I even acted like that? She must thought that i’m stupid :(

 

 

Why do my stomach even feel sick? 

 

 

But not anymore… it’s strange… 

 

 

 

 

 

On her way home, Chaeyeon can’t stop thinking about the girl that she met at the new store earlier. Ki Heehyun,… her name can’t stop roaming around her mind. It was the first time Chaeyeon feel this way toward a person, It was like she wanted to know Heehyun more, maybe be friends with her? She doesn’t know, because she’s not the type that make friend first.

 

She doesn’t understand this, but she wanted to see Heehyun again, maybe tomorrow after school she can stop by the market before going home… what if she only work in the morning? Or maybe next sunday… 

 

 

 

 

 

Right! It will be strange to see a person shopped 2 days in a row right? she’ll think that i’m a weirdo, 

 

 

There was I, walking on that road again, thinking about thousand ways to meet Ki Heehyun again.

 

 

 

 

 

Heehyun’s POV

 

 

 

 

 

I currently organizing some ingredients on my grandma’s store, I saw a girl came in to our.

 

 

She’s our first customer for today, it had been 3 days but we barely had customers because we had just opened. She picked some mushroom and went to the other cashier… that was clearly written closed, What is she doing? 

 

 

I chuckled by the scene in front of me, this girl doesn’t know that i’m here, i tapped her shoulder and her body froze

 

 

I smiled seeing this kind of sight, she turned around and stared at me… on the eye? is she mad? but her eyes doesn’t tell me that, i shook her shoulder and lead her to the cashier

 

 

We exchange names, she’s so surprised because I know her name, it was clearly written on her necklace. Gosh she looks so stupid, but she was cute though. 

 

 

‘Thank you for visiting our store, see you next time’

 

 

I really want to see you next time Chaeyeon-ssi, it was my first time meeting someone like you. I hope we can be friends, i hope i could have someone who i could be friend with… 

 

 

 

 

 

Ki Heehyun was a 17 years old girl who just moved to Busan from Jeju. She lived with her grandmother since her parents and her little sister died in a car accident when she was five, the reason she moved was because her grandmother illness, the medical service and facilities in Busan is better than Jeju. It was not hard to lived here because just like Jeju, Busan was a town near the sea. Heehyun always loved the seashore, she would always visit the seashore after school when she was in Jeju.

 

 

Heehyun loved to be alone, she doesn’t really have friends since middle school,  because a rumor spread out about her being an unwanted child that her mother and father just got because they were drunk and made a one night stand, of course is not true but she stayed silent since then. Heehyun now lived alone, since her grandmother stayed at the hospital. She’s the one who take care of her store. 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter