One

Let's Not Fall in Love

“You’re coming to the farewell party tonight, right Jaehwan?”

“Of course! Wouldn’t miss it for the world”, Jaehwan said with a wink.

Kyungri giggled and left Jaehwan with a small wave as she returned to her own cubicle down the hall to continue her work.

“Aish, why do all our hot co-workers go for you?”, Wonsik pouted while leaning over the short wall that separated his and Jaehwan’s work space.

“Because no one can resist my gorgeous good looks of course”, Jaehwan boasted as he dramatically ran his fingers through his hair.

Wonsik chuckled fondly while giving Jaehwan a slight shove.

Wonsik was the first friend Jaehwan made after entering the Jelpi Company a year ago. Although he was a year younger in age, Wonsik had already been working at the company for two years when Jaehwan entered, and played a large part in getting Jaehwan adjusted. In the beginning Jaehwan was nervous about entering a new company, but being the social butterfly that he is, he quickly became acquainted with almost everyone in the department. Jaehwan always laughs when he remembers how intimidated he first was by Wonsik, but after working alongside each other, Jaehwan soon realized what a huge softie the man actually was underneath his macho exterior. They quickly became close friends and were always inseparable at work.

It was 8:30pm when Jaehwan and Wonsik entered the restaurant to find it already bustling with their co-workers. The party tonight was for their elder co-worker Mrs. Park who decided to retire as she was about to have a baby and wanted to become a stay at home mom.

“Wonsik hyung! You’re finally here. Hyuna was looking for you earlier”, their dongsaeng Sanghyuk yelled as they entered.

“R-Really?! Where is she? What’d she say?”

“Just Kidding!”, Sanghyuk sing-songed while running away and laughing maniacally as he avoided Wonsik’s punch.

“That damn brat”, Wonsik muttered and Jaehwan kindly pretended not to notice how red Wonsik’s ears and neck had turned. 

Although Wonsik tried to play it cool, most of their friends could tell Wonsik had a small crush on their female co-worker Hyuna. Jaehwan thought she might even like him back too and couldn’t figure out why Wonsik just didn’t ask her out already. Jaehwan never said anything though knowing how shy Wonsik could get about these topics, and honestly, what did he know about dating? The last relationship Jaehwan had was a year and a half ago and it blew up horrendously in his face.

“Jaehwan, over here!”, Kyungri shouted over the noise as she beckoned him to join her and her friends at a table.

Jaehwan glanced back at Wonsik, who was obviously looking around the room for Hyuna, and grabbed his wrist and dragged him along to the table. Glasses and soju were set down and they all began drinking as they waited for food to arrive. Wonsik enthusiastically began chatting with the females and Jaehwan simply nodded along to their conversation.

As Jaehwan half listened to one of the ladies tell a story he glanced around the room and halted his gaze as it landed on a pair of broad shoulders covered in a black fitted shirt. Jaehwan gulped as he took in the familiar sight of the beautiful specimen sitting on the other side of the room: pale skin, jet black hair, small pink lips, and a piercing stare. The man was dressed in all black and his clothes sculpted his body perfectly.

Jung Taekwoon: One of Jelpi’s head supervisors and one of the most gorgeous men Jaehwan’s ever seen in his life. Jaehwan had barely interacted with Taekwoon over the last year, except for the occasional scolding when he made a mistake, but Jaehwan couldn’t help but admire Taekwoon’s good looks whenever they were in the same room.

Jung Taekwoon was only a few years older than Jaehwan but had already established himself at Jelpi and was known to always get the job done. He was strict with his employees, but had also earned the respect of those he worked with for always being fair and chivalrous. He was still a complete mystery to most, constantly sporting a poker face and only speaking when needed, and barely anyone knew anything about his personal life except for his secretary and Cha Hakyeon. Cha Hakyeon was the supervisor of a different department, but would occasionally come by the office to pick Taekwoon up for lunch. They had apparently been friends since college, though most wouldn't have guessed it seeing how Taekwoon always looked unenthusiastic to see him.

Jaehwan’s lip curled slightly as he saw Taekwoon’s female colleagues unsuccessfully trying to catch his attention. He continued to stare until Taekwoon slowly turned his head and questioningly locked eyes with him. Jaehwan quickly averted his gaze and tossed back his drink as he felt a slight blush spreading over his cheeks.

Jaehwan snapped his attention back to his table just as Kyungri’s friend showed him a picture of her new puppy and said “Look! Isn’t he cute?”

Jaehwan gave a cheesy grin and asked in his aegyo voice, “Yeah, but aren’t I cuter?”

Wonsik scoffed and rolled his eyes as Kyungri gave a shrill giggle, her drunkenness starting to show.

Drinks kept coming and Jaehwan noticed Kyungri starting to get a little too touchy. He politely kept trying to push her advances off while trying to distract her with one of her friends. No one at Jelpi knew Jaehwan was actually gay, not even Wonsik, but after what happened at his last job Jaehwan amped up his playful flirting to in hopes of keeping his colleagues in the dark. He felt kind of bad for always flirting with Kyungri, but he always made sure to firmly decline her advances so that she’d know he was playing and wasn’t actually interested in a relationship.

As hours went by and most people began to leave, Jaehwan’s thoughts began to get hazy and he mentally cursed himself for not being careful with how much he drank. Jaehwan usually never let himself get this drunk, but spawn-of-satan Sanghyuk had joined them sometime ago and kept secretly filling up his glass. A headache was already forming and Jaehwan quietly excused himself to go to the restroom. Wonsik and the others didn’t even notice him slip away as they were all too drunk and laughing hysterically at some joke that didn’t even make sense.

As Jaehwan shuffled through the hallway, barely even able to stand straight, he could feel the nausea taking over his body. He swung the door to the bathroom open and as he was running to a stall he bumped smack-dab into a muscular chest. Strong hands caught Jaehwan by the shoulders and prevented him from stumbling backwards.

Jaehwan’s eyes widened as he squeaked, “C-Chief Jung—"

Then he lurched forward and vomited all over Taekwoon’s front.

 

 

A/N: I was originally planning to just write some office Wontaek ...but then it turned into Keo lol.

This is my first time trying to write a chaptered fic...so apologies if it lacks in some areas. I was actually hoping to finish this story all at once, but life got hectic so I just decided to post what I've written so far.

Comments and feedback would be appreciated :)