ROAD 1: YOU'RE LEAVING?

Meet Me Halfway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ROAD 1 – YOU’RE LEAVING?

Rahel leaned her head backward as she washed the dishes.

"What a night." She sighed heavily.

The restaurant had been swarming with customers all day especially during lunch time and Friday. ‘Precious Love’ had no trouble regaining its popularity with the public after the people of Paris especially the Kpop fans found out that the one who owned the restaurant were in fact the little sister of Mark Tuan, one of the members of the famous boy group known as Got7.

Rahel let out a long stretch of relief and smiled at the thought of the day finally over. Walking over to the window, she looked outside to ensure that there were no more customers waiting outside. Then, she walked out to the front of the restaurant and sat on the steps before she inhaled the cool night air and let the wind take all of the stress from the day away. It was nice having so much quiet and so much peace. Rahel smiled and leaned her head against the side railing as she began to sing softly to herself, unaware that she had an audience.

Hirai Momo had just finished tucking the 5 years old Christina and the 3 years old Sean in their bedroom above the restaurant. After that, she walked downstairs to look for Rahel and she stopped when she heard the sound of a smooth voice. Momo pulled the curtain back from the window and saw Rahel with her eyes closed while sitting on the front steps. Then, Momo opened the front door slowly so as not to startle Rahel.

Rahel's voice was sweet and feminine, like the sound of a gentle rain storm, capable of bringing serenity to even the most chaotic souls. Momo lips curved slightly to form a small smirk and Rahel's eyes widened at the sound of something behind her. She flipped her head around only to see the drunk/sleepy-like brunette standing in the doorway. Blood started to rise on Rahel’s face causing her to blush immensely.

"How long have you been standing there?” Rahel asked Momo nervously.

"I just walked out." Momo lied, not wanting to embarrass her childhood friend.

Rahel nodded and turned her gaze back up to the dark sky to see the stars. Momo approached Rahel and sat beside her while Rahel's voice still lingering in her ears.

"It's cold, why are you out here?" Momo asked in concerned.

“I just wanted to look at the stars I guess. I wish we could see them more here." Rahel replied without averting her gaze from the sky above.

With all of the lights and the fog constantly hovering in the air, a clear night was practically impossible in Paris.

“I know a place, would you like to come?" Momo offered to Rahel which makes her to break her gaze to look at Momo with a puzzled expression.

"Sure." Rahel answered.

Momo smiled and let Rahel locked the restaurant first before the brunette grabbed Rahel’s hand and they walked through the silent neighborhood in Paris, relying on Momo to direct the location.

"We’re here." Momo announced after turning her gaze to the sky, making sure she got the right place where the beauty of the brilliant stars illuminated the night.

Rahel, following Momo's suit, lifted her eyes to the sky and with an astonished look, she gasped lightly at the magnificent sight of the silver dusted sky.

“This is incredible Momoring!" Rahel smiled and turned her eyes to Momo. "Thank you for bringing me here." Rahel said sweetly and Momo simply looked at her with a smile.

In the middle of the playground in their neighborhood, the two girls sat for a good while on the cement ground. Rahel leaned back on her hands with her legs extended out and her feet crossed while Momo leaned on her left hand with the other rested on her lifted knee.

"Hey Rahel?" Momo asked and her expression suddenly became serious, breaking away from her once tranquil state.

"Hm?" Rahel hummed softly while her eyes still focused on the sky.

"I need to tell you something...” Momo announced softly which makes Rahel to look at Momo with a confused look.

"What is it?" Rahel asked, worry obviously filled her voice.

"I don't know how to tell you this." Momo started as she ran her hand through her long brunette hair while Rahel simply looked at her in concerned as Rahel’s brow slightly furrowed.

"I'm going to stop working at the restaurant." Momo suddenly declared.

"Why? Did something happen?" Rahel asked in confusion.

"No. That's not what I really want to tell you." Momo stated while she lowered her gaze to the ground.

Rahel inhaled deeply and nodded to Momo giving the Japanese girl her approval to say what she needed to say. Momo grabbed Rahel's hand and began to lightly trace her thumb against Rahel’s knuckles.

"Rahel-ah... I'm leaving this place. I have to leave Paris..."

Rahel's eyes widened and she pulled herself away from Momo before she muttered "W-what do you mean you're leaving?"

Momo moved closer to Rahel and explained with her head hanging low. "There's nothing left for me here Rahel. Something just eventually happened here and I can't seem to throw it away. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter