What Do I Do

What Do I Do

Yoon Bora.

She was beautiful, funny, y, and cute. A complete package.

She was also my best friend.

We grew close after Hyoyeon introduced me to Bora since the two of them were part of Invincible Youth 2 at the time. Hyoyeon made a comment saying she saw me in Bora and figured we’d make great friends.

At the time, I had no idea just how far our friendship would go.

 

 

 

Bora has that personality that draws people to her. Guy or girl, it doesn’t matter the gender. She charmed everyone. She charmed me too, as if she casted a spell on me. If anyone looked through my phone, they would see just how much we called and texted each other. We would do one or the other whenever both of us found free time from our hectic schedules. We never stopped finding things to talk about, and to my surprise, it didn’t take me long to open myself to her. I told her my struggles adjusting to Korean culture, struggling through my trainee days and even now. I even told her how I lost my mom.

When I told Bora about my mom, her face turned to a level of serious I’ve never seen on her before. She always had a bright smile on her face that could blind me, but that moment showed a different side of her.  That’s when she told me she had lost her father at an early age. She had lost a parent, just like me, and knew the pain and burden that I’ve been carrying all this time.

It’s the kind of pain that never goes away, and that you learn to accept it and allow the pain to be a part of you.

 

 

 

Sometime after that, I noticed there was something between me and Bora. I couldn’t put my finger on it, but something was definitely different. The way she looked at me, the feeling I would get when we hugged, and just being in her general presence got to me in a way I couldn’t describe.

I wonder if she had noticed and felt that feeling too.

 

 

 

Bora was the first person I told about my relationship with Nichkhun oppa, and the first person I told when I broke up with him.

When Nichkhun oppa asked me out, it was on a whim and in the moment. He was handsome and had a charming smile, but as our relationship went on, it became apparent it wouldn’t work out. My schedules never coincided with his and eventually we grew apart. Still, I hated to be the one to break the relationship, but thankfully he understood and we ended on friendly terms.

However, that didn’t stop me from inviting Bora to my room and burying my face into her shoulder as I cried my heart out, holding her tightly. She returned the embrace with the same amount of strength and my hair gently. We were like that for a long time until I calmed down to soft sniffling. Bora pulled away from me only slightly to give me a gentle smile, carefully pushing back my hair that stuck to my face from my tears. I found myself drowning in her milk chocolate eyes that were hypnotizing like a cat’s gaze. My heart pounded suddenly in my chest when she cupped my cheek with one hand.

“Bora?” My voice was no louder than a whisper.

Without a word, she leaned in closer, and for a split second, I thought she was going to kiss me. I felt myself stiffen with anticipation, squeezing my eyes shut, only to feel something soft, what I assumed was her lips, pressing delicately against my forehead. When I finally opened my eyes, she still had that same smile across her face but somehow it seemed a little sad.

“Bora?” I repeated again.

“I don’t like seeing you cry,” she answered.

 

 

 

It had been awhile since we last saw each other after that night. Schedules kept us busy, but we still found time to send each other a text or two each day. Ever since that kiss to the forehead, I couldn’t get it out of my mind. I felt a strong desire to talk to Bora, to see Bora, and the lack of interaction between us just made that desire stronger.

It was then announced Girls’ Generation would be having another Japan tour, and while I was excited to be in Japan again touring with my girls, it gradually sank in that it meant I wouldn’t see Bora for a couple of months. When I told her all this through text, somehow, she made time to come and see me, and I told her she could spend the night. Just like that night, it was late in the evening with just the two of us in my room.

“I’m going to miss you,” Bora told me honestly while we sat on my bed.

“I’ll miss you a lot too, Bora-yah.”

“I’ll text you every day. Maybe send a short video or two.”

“I’d love that.”

Silence hung between us and I noticed Bora fidgeting around, almost nervously.  My throat felt dry all of a sudden and I lacked the power to speak. I wanted to say her name, but I couldn’t. That’s when I noticed Bora scooting closer and closer. Soon, there was only a few centimeters between us and I could have sworn my heart was beating so loudly, Bora could hear it thudding in my chest. She was so close to me , but she wasn’t close enough, and it was driving me crazy.

 

But why?

Why was I feeling this way?

Why did I want to be so close to her?

Why does it ache?

What do I do?

 

Before I knew it, I had closed the gap between us and kissed her. I wasn’t thinking when I did, my body acted on its own. So many emotions swirled inside when I felt that jolt the moment our lips touched. The one thing I could say for certain was that I wanted more.

“Fany-ah…”

I shuddered from the way she whispered my name against my lips.

Bora pressed her lips against mine, much deeper this time, and pushed me down onto the bed. It was clear she was feeling the same way as I was, and the two of us were going with the flow. It was one kiss after another, and I gladly accepted all Bora had to offer. Our hands explored each other’s bodies, though we never went under our pajamas nor did we take off our clothes. My skin still felt on fire anyway.

When we both felt satiated enough, Bora and I snuggled under the covers in each other’s arms as the two of us slowly drifted off to sleep.  As I felt my eyelids growing heavier, the last thought that went through my mind as I kept Bora’s precious sleeping face in my mind to dream about, I couldn’t help but wonder what was I going to do about surviving the Japan tour without this woman in my arms every night?

I wished time would stop, but I knew morning was only hours away.

~~~

A/N: What do you guys think about this? First time for me writing Bora/Tiffany. Let me know what you guys think (:

Until next time~

- Writer Wooper