chapter 5

Love Yourself

For all the times that you made me feel small,
I feel in love, now I feel nothin’ at all,
I had never felt so low when I was vulnerable,
Was I a fool to let you break down my walls?

The weather was dark and gloomy and the street busy with people rushing to find shelter to cover themselves from the cold rain that was hitting the surface of the earth. But there was one person who didn't seem to care about it. In fact he was walking head down, looking at the wet, slippery side walk, welcoming it deep inside him. He wanted it. No, scratch that. He //needed// it. He needed something that could represent his own condition now, and what was that? Depressed, devastated, lonely, sad, angry, all the negative feelings that could be named. This is what Hakyeon was feeling right now.


He and Taekwoon were on their anniversary date. They hadn't really felt like going on an exclusive date, well more like Taekwoon hadn't felt like it. In fact he was the one who suggested that they should go for a walk at the Han River. Though Hakyeon never complained as long as he could spend time with his beloved.

This time though he's been having this bad feeling since Taekwoon had asked him out, but he couldn't seem to point his finger on it. Hakyeon thought it was just his imagination until…

“Hakyeon – ah, I think we should stop this,” Taekwoon suddenly said out of nowhere while coming to a halt and looking directly into Hakyeons eyes. His black orbs were serious as if they were piercing right through Hakyeon’s soul, which was, how he had learnt by now, never a good thing.
“Wh – what? The walk? Sure I’m feeling kinda tired to. Do you want to- “
“I mean this relationship… We should stop...I don’t think we’re meant to be together,” Taekwoon cut in, his voice as neutral as ever.
“Wha – what are you saying? I – I don’t understand…Taekwoon ple – please tell me you’re not saying what I think your saying… please Teak – ah!” Hakyeon desperately begged. He clearly heard what Taekwoon said but he just simply refused to believe it. ‘This is a prank, yeah a prank that Taek pulled off to scare me on our anniversary. Yeah a prank, don't worry’, the elder tried to talk his mind into thinking the same thing, just for it all to shatter around him.

“No Hakyeon, I’m breaking up with you. I’m sorry it just wasn’t meant to be,” the raven haired stated firmly and walk away without turning back. Yes, he heard the loud cry that came from the man he used to love and No, he hadn't turned around, because he just didn’t want to acknowledge it. He didn't want to acknowledge the pitiful sight that would surely greet him. 
Thus he walked away leaving Hakyeon alone in a crying mess. 

Just like in the movies, the weather suddenly changed from sunny to rainy as if it could feel what Hakyeon was feeling right now and he decided to walk back home. Alone, on this gloomy, rainy day. Now there was just him, him and himself. 


He was walking while crying and his thoughts were way too far gone, to notice the red traffic light on the other side of the road he wanted to cross, as well as the speeding car.
Nope, he didn’t notice it. He didn’t notice the cool metal connecting with his side. He didn't notice the power with which he was spun into the air. He didn't notice the impact of his landing and he definitely didn't noticed the brutal way with which his head crashed into the wet road. The only thing he noticed was the cold of the ground creeping into his body, while raindrops hit his face as well as the crashing realisation of the situation. 

A weak, humourless chuckle erupted from his throat.
‘So I really was right. Taekwoon has been cheating on me’, Hakyeon thought before he closed his eyes and said the words he couldn't say into his face before. 
“I hate you Jung Taekwoon.”


Taekwoon was suddenly pulled back from his memories. If he hadn't been feeling extremely guilty back then he definitely felt it now. When his eyes finally looked back towards the stage, the beautiful male singer, his precious, was still looking at him, never once breaking eye contact as if the song was specifically made for him. And somehow Taekwoon could understand him. 

Cause if you like the way you look that much
Ohhh baby you should go and love yourself
And if you think that I’m still holdin’ on to somethin’
You should go and love yourself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi there, i wanted to thank you to all my reader that have read this horrible story hehe, you guys have made my day just from reading and i am super greateful for that and i wanted to thank MegaLia for helping me with my super bad grammar problem and also i wanted to thank Mikasaislife along with Tarin99 for give me such an amazing feedback.

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL OF YOU READER!!!