Welcome to Vermillion Kingdom

SAVE ME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Aren’t we there yet??” Seokjin was complaining, it was just an hour of walking but he is already tired. Seokjin’s boots are kind of dusty in which he doesn’t like it, he has always been a neat freak, plus his black hair was disheveled. He is not the kind of person who likes dirty and tiring stuff which is why he is being called a princess anywhere he goes.

 

“Were almost there hyung, relax. Anyways, remember what my mom told you… Unless you want us to move to another place, renting a place is pretty expensive too you know.” Jungkook replied, he was walking ahead of Seokjin and is constantly looking back if ever his brother that is 2 years older than him is falling behind. He swears to the land he’ll freaking carry Seokjin if he continues to be like that if not for the heavy bags they are carrying since they are going to live away from Jungkook’s mother.

 

“Then why send us to the academy?? We could have just sought for a job—we can build a restaurant you know? My passion has always been cooking and people are overjoyed when I do it!” Seokjin retorted, now literally frowning at Jungkook as he took 3 steps forward.

 

 

Because you need it.

 

 

“No. Mom’s orders are supreme.” Jungkook huffed as he looked away and went back to walking. He knows that when Jungkook uses his mom’s authority, Seokjin can’t fight back anymore. You see, Seokjin is an orphan; Jungkook’s mom took him and raised him like his own because Seokjin’s real parents are dead and being in debt to Jungkook’s mom, Seokjin has to follow orders because they said it is for the sake of protecting him also. Don’t do this, don’t do that. Seokjin has always abided by the orders of his new mom, in which he doesn’t even have a memory of, and he chose not to question it anymore, he grew up as a fine young lad with a foster parent and an overprotective brother anyways. They have been jumping from town to town, they don’t really have a permanent residence because Jungkook’s mother told them to move every time scary looking people would knock on their doors asking for them.

 

Jungkook stopped on his tracks, as he looked at the huge building in front of him, teenagers in black and gold uniforms are walking around, chatting and some are even carrying books. Seokjin was looking around, he never saw this much amount of teenagers like him. “Were here.” Jungkook said as he started walking and Seokjin was following along.

 

The Vermillion Kingdom is the biggest and most beautiful place in the whole continent; it is the place that protects the whole Central continent because of its massive army, hence it was declared the capital for its glorious power. The Vermillion Academy is where these armies study the art of fighting and protecting their whole kingdom. Being divided into different job classes like knight, archer, dragon knight, black mage, thief and monk, special units are formed from these different classes and are sent into different missions around the world either it is to deliver goods or to eradicate the evil. Jungkook has been known as a powerful black mage, his family came from a clan of powerful black mages, so he was born with it and doesn’t need to learn from the books. Some people are also born in their specific job class, knights hold the balance, archers have a keen sight, dragon knights have powerful legs, thieves are fast on their feet and monks are good at martial arts, a person is identified through what they hold right from their birth. But for Seokjin, he’s nothing… He’s weak, he can’t run that fast, he can’t even lift heavy things, but one thing is for sure, he is being sent to the academy and he is totally not a nobody...

 

 

 

 

 

Seokjin gulped, the man before him on his window was big and he looks really scary. Jungkook told him to register in the knight class since most probably it would be the best class for him since he doesn’t fit any criteria out from the 5 other jobs. He nervously filled out the form and knitted his eyebrows as he answered. His hands were shaking when he gave the man his application and immediately gathered his things.

 

“Boys and girls are separate in this academy; you will be living in the boy’s dorm which is a room space on the unit assigned to you, going into classes full of boys and will be assigned to a unit composed of all boys. Going to the girl’s dorm is forbidden.” The man said in a deep voice, smirking at Seokjin which sent chills throughout his spine; he definitely knows Seokjin’s eyes are shaking by now.

 

“Umm… You keep on saying this unit thing…. How are we supposed to be in units?” Seokjin gulped.

 

“Good question, new students are always being placed in a survival battle, and it doesn’t matter if you win or lose early, there will be spectators, the spectators are students and they will pick you if they want you in their team. The overall winner gets to pick the unit they are going to join into. We've had enough units for this year already so new recruits cannot form their own. Today is the last day of picking for those units who are still not contented with their members this year.” The man at the desk said, this just means Seokjin needs to fight on his first day wherein he has 0 knowledge over fighting, his legs literally started shaking a bit, and he is not the type of person who likes to see gore and blood.

 

 

"What happens if no one selects you?" Seokjin blinks. Of course not everyone wants a weakling in their group right?

 

 

"Then you can come back in another year to train yourself and be worthy of getting selected by the unit leaders." The man dropped a cold harsh tone in which Seokjin gulped and bit down his lips. He suddenly felt the anxiety surge through him. What if he doesn't get selected? What will his mom tell him when he is going home without Jungkook? He doesn't want that, he's surely dead. He can't waste this year, he needs to impress the unit leaders and be accepted in, and it would be a blessing from the gods if he falls on the same group as Jungkook.

 

“Now off you go to the arena, the show starts in an hour.” The man shooed him off, Seokjin bowed and went on his way out to meet with Jungkook outside the registration office. Seokjin looked at his brother; he always looked so strong and confident of himself. So far, Jungkook has been the strongest person Seokjin has seen in his whole life, he is pretty sure Jungkook is going to win this. Jungkook is Seokjin’s pride even though he knows himself how weak he is, but deep inside he is somewhat scared. What if Jungkook ends up in a different unit from him? They’ll be separated then and no one is going to protect him anymore. Seokjin shook his head; he is here to learn how to fight so Jungkook could stop protecting him so he can protect the younger too. He needs to; he has done so much for him despite Seokjin being the older one.

 

 

 

 

 

The siblings both went to the arena follow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter