Bookmark

Mini Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*

“Please don’t let it end up like this!”

“I still have more questions to ask”

 

Another cold morning came, I was making some hot chocolate and turn on the TV. “Good morning everyone! We will have a very cold weather today! So please don’t forget to bring your jacket and scarf.” Said the Newscaster with the brightest smile she can ever do. I just turn off the TV, and grab my bag and books. I was closing my door when suddenly something fell from one of my books.

 

“Our love is like a novel that cannot be finished”

“Sorry”

 

I look at the bookmark that fell into my feet, Will I pick it up or just leave it as it is. Will someone else pick it or it will be in the same place like how you left me?

I was supposed to leave but my phone started to ring, “Hello?”

“Jin! Where are you?! Do you think the School guards will just let you in?!” said Sira, “Oh shi –“ I didn’t finish my sentence and just run as fast that I could to the bus stop luckily the bus is still there. The bus is almost full, many student but none of them notice me. Because it’s either they are reading a book, sleeping or listening some music. I was looking for a seat. And I stopped walking, the last two seats in the back are the only available, I sighed and just sat there.

 

I know, I know I’m a fool like this, aren’t I?

That’s right I am left alone

 

The bus stop and I started to run towards our school but unluckily the gate is already close. “Ms. Jin?! Why are you late? Sorry I won’t let you enter your classroom but please proceed to the faculty office to meet you adviser” said the guard and after a few minutes. “! I didn’t make it”

That voice, I looked at the student who is running, he also looked at me surprised.

“You are late again Mr. Wen Junhui” said the guard and Jun was laughing while scratching his head “Hahahaha sorry! I woke up late” he said. The guard just sighed at us, “Both of you can proceed to the faculty office” he said.

Jun was walking a head of me, I look at his back. He looks a bit taller than before and skinnier, he looks very different. I can feel the awkwardness in the hallway, and what’s worst we are the only one walking in the hallway. Because neither one of us is talking, you can hear our footsteps in the silence of the hallway, I think I can also hear my heart beating fast. Can he hear it too?

 

To be able to see you bloom again

Anytime I am waiting between the space of Hope and Fear

 

 

Then he spoke, “Why are you late today?” he asked but never looking at me, so I answered calmly “I overslept” he just hummed in respond, I wanted to make our conversation long so I spoke  again “I heard that you are joining the dance club am I right?” I am waiting him to answer, “Yeah… I am” he said

“How about you? Are you joining any club this year?”

“Ah.. I am still thinking about it. But I will always be at the library though to help Mrs. Ari.”

“You are always at the library right? You love books”

I was surprised but my heart started to ache and I can feel that my eyes are starting to be a bit teary, he still remember, even though 9 months have already past after our break up. I can still feel that he wanted to talk to me but we already arrived at the library. He open the door and entered, while we bowed at the teachers at the faculty I started to realize that he is now so far away from me.

 

Here I am waiting in frozen time

Standing here waiting for you to come back

 

After we finish talking to our advisers we left the faculty room, he’s walking away again. I wanted to shout his name and call him but the words won’t come out. Please! Come back…

Then he stop walk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter