Part One

FattyMimi?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YooA was a very quiet and timid girl, with small cute doll face and long black silky hair, all the boys in the class had a crush on her. Mimi was more of a bold and loud girl, she was round, small and chubby, everyone called her 'FattyMimi' They went to the same elementary school and the first time they met was during an incident where Mimi once saved YooA from the boys in the class who wouldn't stop disturbing her.

"It's okay, you're save now." Mimi said as she held out her hand to the poor girl who were squatting on the dirty sand of the school playground. YooA looked up to Mimi with her wide gooey eyes and smiled as she finally took Mimi's hand. "Boys are stupid." Mimi said as she frowned at the direction where the boys just ran off to.

"May I know the name of my hero?" YooA asked, Mimi was a little taken aback by YooA calling her a hero and just looked at her, surprised. YooA just tilted her head and waited for Mimi to reply.

Mimi then smiled brightly, "I'm Kim Mihyun, but you can call me 'FattyMimi' everybody in the class call me that."

 

YooA pouted, "But calling you 'FattyMimi', isn’t that mean?"

 

"Well, I didn’t like it at first but I am fat," Mimi said as she pinched her own chubby cheeks. "See?"

 

Which amused YooA and she giggled, "That's cute." She muttered loud enough for Mimi to hear. In which, Mimi stopped what she's doing and just stared at YooA blankly for a few seconds. YooA tilted her head again, "Hmm, what’s wrong?" she asked.

 

"Err, nothing." Mimi looked away and scratched her head, embarrassed. That was Mimi's first time to encounter someone so kind that didn't make fun of her which made Mimi really excited.

 

"I'm Yoo Shiah but call me YooA. Thank you for saving me!" She said as she gave Mimi the brightest smile ever and held out her hand. Mimi remembered hearing YooA's name a lot but had never talk to her, now that she did, Mimi was really glad to be the one who saved her

 

"No problem! The boys have always been afraid of me, you can count on me to save you if they disturb you again."

 

"Really?" YooA's eyes widened. She hoped to befriend with Mimi as she seemed like a really nice and cool girl.

 

"Of course! We can be friend from now on so those nasty boys will never dare to disturb you ever." Mimi held out her fist and pretended to punch the air. And with that YooA felt her heart burst with excitement but she didn’t show it and kept herself cool.

 

"I'd love to be your friend, you're my first friend then!" Mimi looked at YooA in disbelief.

 

"Really?" Mimi was more than happy to know that she was YooA first friend. YooA nodded her head. "Alright then, let's have ice cream together!" Without wasting time, Mimi held YooA's small hand and eagerly pulled her along to the school canteen.

 

Since then they had spent most of the time together in school, even during the school holidays, they will go to each other houses to play together. Eventhough the boys didn't dare to disturb YooA anymore but that didn't stop them from calling Mimi, 'FattyMimi' and because of YooA's timid character, YooA had always felt bad and useless for not being able to stop them like how Mimi stopped the boys from disturbing her. Until one day, because of certain problems with Mimi's family business, she had to move to the States. No goodbyes, nothing.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Six year later (2nd year in high school)

 

"YooA! Did you do the assignment that Mr Lee gave us last week?" YooA looked up from the book she was reading, a little annoyed with the interruption. But she just put on a fake smile and nodded her head as she already knew what she's going to say next.

"Can you let me copy a little? Please!" As expected, she sighed and slowly slid her hand into her school bag that was sitting on the empty chair beside her and took out the blue coloured file which contain all the assignments that's already completed.

"Thank you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter