.final

I know

It was a chilly December night when Boo Seungkwan saw Chwe Hansol’s billboard outside his workplace.


“Thank you for the hardwork!” a junior from his workplace cheerily said.


Seungkwan smiled at the gesture and slightly bowed his head. “Same goes to you,”


By the time Seungkwan stepped out from the building gentle winter breeze greeted him. He tucked his hands through his coat trying to search for warmth and started walking through the busy streets.


“Hey, do that properly! Where is the pulley?!” a voice suddenly startled Seungkwan causing him to look up. It was a bunch of workers who were carefully putting up a billboard. But the person on the billboard was the one that caught Seungkwan off guard.


“He’s working hard, huh…” he stared at the picture for a while before smiling to himself. “… That’s great.”



Warm.

 

 

"Kwannie,"


Seungkwan shifted.


"Kwannie..."


Seungkwan groaned, ignoring the owner of the voice. He must be going mad hearing a voice in the middle of the night-


"What the--" Seungkwan's eyes shot open when a heavy object crashed into his body. Adjusting his eye sight, he made into a conclusion that it wasn't exactly an object. It was a human.Looking closer, the person's features are quite familiar.

Seungkwan raised a brow.

"Hansol? Why are you--"

The lying body groaned then chuckled. "I'm home, Kwannie~" the figure rolled to the side facing Seungkwan. Hansol sheepishly smiled, eyes forming crescents as he look up to Seungkwan innocently.


"What the hell, Hansol?! Did you bath alcohol or something?! You look like ."


"I miss chuuu!" Hansol slurred before launching himself on top of Seungkwan.


"I swear… who ever made you drink made the worst decision…ever." He exaggeratedly sighed. Before his brain could absorb everything he was pinned down to the bed and was snuggled by Hansol. Seungkwan knew Hansol too well to even attempt to wake the drunken man.


After a few hesitations he gently slid his hands through the latter’s hair, Seungkwan subconsciously smiled. He’s so warm.


...

Mornings.

 

Seungkwan blinked.


He just woke up from a deep slumber because of an uncomfortable weight around his waist. He shuffled back, facing the other side of the bed which revealed a sleeping angel. This is so unfair… he’s always breath taking.


"Hansol..." Seungkwan breathed out.


"Hansol..." He repeated, still staring at the admirable sight in front of him.


"Hansolie..." nothing availed. The latter continued to sleep without moving. Seungkwan frowned.


"Vernon..." he said. He could see the other's eyebrow twitch.


It took Hansol seconds to open one eye, quietly eyeing Seugkwan.

"Don't call me that..." he said, voice clearly husky that would never fail to make the other melt.


Seunkwan laughed and lazily smacked Hansol's shoulders. "Remember the time when you were insisting me to call you Vernon? I'm complying it now."


Hansol squinted, "That was like 6 years ago," then frowned.
Seungkwan simply chuckled while rolling off the bed. "I know."

 

 

...
Breakfast.

 

The two usually ate breakfast together.


Their breakfast would consist of a light meal, which Seungkwan obviously made. Knowing Chwe Hansol, he could blow up the whole kitchen. They wouldn't want Seungkwan's neighbors to panic and call the fire station, again.


Hansol always enjoyed watching the other eat. He’s also very attentive at the other’s favorite dishes and would often take out some just to watch him eat. Seungkwan, when eating would totally forget everyone around him. Not that he was gluttonous; he simply likes to savor food.


"Hansol stop that," Seungkwan said, breaking the silence.


"Stop, what?" Hansol asked, shifting his vision to the food infront of him. He could see his phone flashing 24 unread messages and 15 missed calls, but decided to ignore it.


"Staring, like duhh.. Don't make a fool out of me. I've always noticed you staring at me! Like, since years ago."


Hansol laughed and looked up again. Meeting Seungkwan's twinkling eyes, he took a moment to appreciate Seungkwan's puffed cheeks, pouted lips and furrowed eyebrows.


Noticing a grain of rice on the latter's cheeks Hansol extended an arm, wiping off the grain of rice with his thumb. "I can't help it," he said pulling off his hand and off the rice off his finger. "You’re always cute..."


Seungkwan flinched at Hansol’s words but then he quickly covered it up by making a disgusted face. "That's so unhygenic, Hansol..."


But you can see the light tinge of pink spreading across his cheeks.

 

 


Vernon.

 

When Seungkwan the TV, Hansol immediately snatched the remote control and switched the device off. Hansol, just recently, has been shooting several commercials after his big debut as Vernon exactly a year ago.


Seungkwan broke into a fisted laughter. "That-- ahahaha! That co-- commercial never fails -- ahaha! To make me laugh! If you could see your parted hair… oh my goshh!"


"Shut up, Kwannie. All the girls would drool at the sight of my TV ads."


"Mind you, Vernon. I am not a girl. Also, I’ve been hearing your phone vibrate non-stop since last week, can you please answer the damned phone."


Vernon turned silent for a while, but disregarded the idea. Little did he know, Seungkwan caught the look on his face, but before he could pry further Hansol turned to him and slyly smiled. "It sounds so low quality when you say Vernon..."


A pillow hits Hansol's face. "Say that again!" Seungkwan warned preparing to throw his fist to the latter’s face. Hansol simply laughed.


"What I mean is, Hansol is more fitting if it's you." He jokingly winked.


Another pillow hits Hansol's face.

 

...
Apartment.

 

It's been a month since Hansol crashed in Seungkwan's place. After graduating, Seungkwan was lucky enough to get a decent job and left his previous apartment (which

 

Hansol suggested, Seungkwan's previous home had a lot of problems... especially the bed)


"I'm serious, Hansol. If you don't get off me right now. I swear to God, I'll kick you out of my house!" Seungkwan whined as he try to wiggle free from the other.


"But Kwannie! Just a few hours please? We already did a lot of stuff this morning! My body is really sore. And I know you wouldn't throw me out of your house!"


"Ugh, fine. Whatever." Seungkwan gave up. He knew kicking out Hansol wasn't decent threat, he wouldn't want to make a huge scene outside especially when it's broad daylight. He should've come up a better threat than this one.


Hansol contentedly sighed, rolling off Seungkwan as he trap the latter by back hugging him. He hummed while burying his face at the crook of Seungkwan's neck. "That's better,"


Seungkwan was having a hard time to sleep even though he was quite drowsy. He was definitely not a day person.


Hansol pulled the blanket to cover their faces, the surroundings gradually became dimmer and their feet were the only ones visible. Seungkwan subconsciously smiled.


"Hansol?"


"Mn?"


"Thank you,"


Hansol smiled. “Your wel—“


Hansol’s phone rang through the room it was different from the previous, in an instant he got up to take the call, excusing himself. Watching the other walk out of the room, realization hit Seungkwan like a truck. He could also hear Hansol’s desperate voice through the thin walls.


Yes… I understand….. Please, I beg you. A little more time. I’ll be back for sure."


Seungkwan could only bite his lip.

 

 

...
Your side.

 

"How many times do I have to tell you. Hansol, sleep on the damned couch!"


Hansol didn’t even bother to shift his position despite feeling Seungkwan’s presence, who had just finished taking his bath, glaring daggers through his back. Hansol whined without looking back at Seungkwan, "But we used to sleep together a lot!"


Thank goodness Hansol didn’t even bother to look at Seungkwan or else, he’d see the latter’s puffy cheeks tainted with red. “Used to. Hansol.” Seungkwan mumbled.


Surprisingly, Hansol didn’t throw a snarky comeback. “Han—“


The lights suddenly went off startling Seungkwan. There was a long silence along the heater’s engine dying down.


“What the heck—blackout?!” Seungkwan said in disbelief. Since it was no use to wait for Hansol to get off from his bed (not like he’d actually get off), Seungkwan just positioned himself in the other side of the bed. It’s not like he didn’t sleep with Hansol before... right?


Seungkwan continued staring blankly at the ceiling, hoping that he would fall asleep despite the cold weather. Damned blackout, why now.


He decided to turn his head to check on Hansol, who seemed to be asleep.


Few minutes had passed and to Seungkwan each second becomes colder. “What the heck,” he continued to rub his arm for warmth, because his thin blanket was doing him no good.
He decided to check on the other again, which was a great mistake by the way, because Hansol was staring at him while smiling softly.


“Come here.” Hansol said opening his arms gesturing Seungkwan to scoot closer. Seungkwan ‘hmph’ed and turned his back again.

“C’mon, Kwannie… I know you’re cold.”


“Kwannie…” Damn you, winter.


Damn you, blackou—“Seungkwan…”


AHH IT! Seungkwan decided to turn his whole body. Seeing Hansol’s victorious face made him frown. He won against me again, this brat. He moved closer and Hansol steadily wrapped his arms around the smaller male.


“Seungkwan…” Hansol hummed.


Seungkwan didn’t reply, instead he extended his arms and wrapped it around Hansol’s chest. Holding on to him like his life depended on it. It was the first time Seungkwan returned Hansol’s hug ever since he stepped inside the small apartment.


“I hate you so much.” Seungkwan could barely say it as he was trying to fight back the broken sobs.


“I know.”

 

 

...
We aren't.

 

The doorbell rang.


"Seungkwan, it's me! Seokmin!"


Seungkwan and Hansol looked at each other pausing to what they were doing. "Forget Seokmin, we're actually getting on the fun part!"


Seungkwan grumbled underneath him. "Get off, quickly! Seokmin is far more important!" Hansol openly showed an irritated expression at the mention of Seokmin being more important than him.


"But Kwannie!"


"No 'but's Hansol, we can continue this later!" Seungkwan said, making Hansol grin. "That's a promise okay?" Seungkwan nodded and the other quickly stood up.


Seungkwan ran off to the door and greeted his best friend with a smile. Seokmin smiled in return, flashing his pearly white teeth and looked down at Seungkwan. Noticing Seunkwan’s messy and sweaty appearance he eyed him curiously.


"What is it?" Seungkwan asked clearly confused.


Hansol followed Seungkwan and Seokmin instantly spotted him.
” Oh my god, I'm sorry! I got in the way to your exciting moment right?! I'm so sorry Seungkwan! I'll come back tomorrow--" Seokmin was about to turn around and run before Seungkwan could kill him.


"Wait what? No, Seokmin you idiot! We were playing Twister!"
Seokmin sheepishly laughed while apologizing to the two. Hansol invited Seokmin in to keep out the chilly winter wind from entering.


"So why are you here Seokmin? It's odd for you to pass by here." Seungkwan started.


"Did you have a fight with Soonyoung? I swear I'll--" Hansol was cut off by Seokmin who was waving his hands furiously. "No no no! I was just here to check up on, Seungkwan. I didn't get much time to go back in this city, when Soon and I moved to Seoul. I'm glad that the two of you are still together! It was a shock when we heard that you two broke up!"


There was a small pause before Seungkwan laughed while Hansol chuckled.


"No.." Seungkwan broke in between his laughter. "We aren't together anymore."

 


...
I know.

 

The two didn't know why.


It just happened so suddenly.


Seungkwan was pretty enthusiastic and supportive to Hansol when he was scouted to be an idol. It was Hansol's dream to make his music reach other people's lives. Hansol was a huge success when he debuted as Vernon.


But after a few months their relationship gradually died out.


The two constantly fought.


The two barely saw one another.


The two barely talked with each other.


"Let's break up. This is not working out."


Maybe it was better for both of them to separate ways. Clinging onto their relationship was tying them both down. Their relationship was like a chain constricting them to do anything. It was already tiring.

 


I’m so sorry.

 

 

The two didn't know why.


Despite breaking up, they constantly seek for each other.


Hansol whenever he arrives to his house would constantly mumble small 'I'm home's, hoping for a cherry voice that would welcome him. Seungkwan, on the other hand, would accidentally make an extra serving, before realizing that no one would eat it.
It started when, Hansol got too drunk while he was on a vacation after the last promotion of his current album. He found his way to Seungkwan's apartment by instinct and broke in to the latter's house with his spare key that he kept dearly.


Waking up at the sight of Hansol, despite feeling a lot ofemotions bursting through his system, the poor Seungkwan could only let the male stay. He wasn't that heartless okay.

 

Even after everything, the two would always find themselves at each other's side.


Even without kisses, vowed relationship and making love.


They feel secured with each other's presence.


It would be a lie if you ask them if they don't miss the other's gentle touches, passionate kisses and hearty laughs.


But they can't go back. Can they?


...


Hansol stood infront of Seungkwan's door. It was already 2 am and a black car was parking outside, waiting for someone. It's already two months since Hansol came to Seungkwan's apartment. Time flies fast. Too fast.


"Kwannie..." Hansol pinched the bridge of Seungkwan's nose, causing the other to squirm in pain.


"Stop that Hansol. It hurts!" Hansol laughed as the latter shot him a deadly glare.


"Kwannie..." he repeated voice almost cracking. Seungkwan looked up at him, meeting Hansol's glassy eyes.


“Kwannie…”


Seungkwan didn’t respond.


Kwannie…” Hansol repeated sounding more desperate.


Seungkwan smiled sadly.


“I still love you..."


Seungkwan paused but bitterly laughed afterwards. "I know."

 

 

....

A/N:

Have my poor attempt at writing angst....;; their break up was pretty vauge but when I wrote it a bit longer I found it quite dragging  so I hope you don't mind;; if your confused after every scene, the day would skip into a week or a few days ahead. I hope you enjoyed or maybe not! :)