Chapter 2

Justice

Even so, he wasn’t alone in the old cursed house. From the moment he land his foot in this house there was a man following him with his eyes, watching every single step and every single move of the young detective, glaring at him with hate. «You must be audacious to enter this house» the man said looking at the young detective who just put the flower in a vase, following him out of the kitchen some minutes later after his exit «No one can stay at my house…Alive at least» the man smirked before he continue, «You’re just like the others» he walked closer to the flower «Faithless». He took a look at the flower before he start spoke again «You show yourself as someone special and bold like the heroes of the fairytales and the urban legends but in reality…» some drops of blood start to lad on the flower from the ceiling after he touched it with his index finger, «You’re timid more than a chicken. Just give me time and I’ll discover your weak spots» this time he touched the vase squishing it a bit making a crack as a result «I’ll make you be afraid even from you shadow».  Walking pass through the walls he reached the bedroom where he is right now the young man, he sat on a armchair looking at him and when he found the right time when the other had turned his back he draw the trunk towards himself, «And the game starts now» he said before he push the trunk hard sending it to the closer wall making it open from the impact and disperse the belongings that was inside while himself disappear. The sound of the trunk hitting the wall made the young man turn around to check automatically, when he saw the condition and the new position of his trunk his eyes grew wide, «Unbelievable» he took a breath trying to calm down himself and then to find a good explanation for this weird incident that Just happened. «Someone must be trying to scare me» he sighed «These weird villagers» he walked closer to his trunk and then he start to put back his belongings in the trunk, «But no one is here, maybe it’s a mechanism» he said and after he close the trunk he checked the condition of the wooden floor «It’s old…but still. Anyway…maybe I’m tired» he lied to himself so he can calm down «You’re just tired Himchan».  

It didn’t take him to long to finish the house work, now there was no dust and spender web covering the furniture and the floor, he hang out the covers too and his belongings were now inside the closet, the only thing he had to do now was to find a mop to scrub the floor and he is done. The young man looked at his pocket clock checking the time and the he looked out of the window, «I must forgot to change the time zone, the time slips different here from Paris» he put his pocket clock back in his pocket and sighed «I have to finish before the sunset» he said and then he left the bedroom to search for a mop, on his way he passed from the dining-room where he noticed the now red flower that kept him company at his long trip, «The fatigue is trying again to get in my mind» he opened the windows to let the light slip inside the dark room but when he turn around to leave he looked again at the flower that still had the color red, he walked closer at the flower and when he was ready to touch it a drop of blood land on his hand «What is this?» he lead his eyes up to the ceiling where the drops of blood coming from and then he looked back at his hand «That’s weird» he took the vase on his hands and when he had a closer look he noticed the new crack on it, just in that time a weird notice heard making him to let go of the vase that fell on the floor braking in pieces.  The man who have been stalking him earlier appeared in front of him and then he took some steps towards him, he stopped only when he was some inches away from his face, «You’re still faithless? » he kicked one piece of the broken vase and the young detective looked at it surprised when he saw that it moved on its own, «It doesn’t bother me you know, contrarily, it’s better for me. I’ll play more with your mind» just by a clicking of his fingers the blood that was failing from the ceiling now was gone, then he walked towards the wall behind the detective and wrote one it with blood: «Leave, before the game is over». «It’s impossible to not believe in me now» now he only needed to get detective’s attention, that was the most easy part he only had to draw the door closing it with force to make the young man turn around to look at the door, cursing later from the scare he got but when he turn to leave he saw what was written on the wall giving him a bigger scare, «Thi-this…wasn’t here before» he took some steps back until his back touched the dining-table making him jump and the look around, he start to freaking out. «I need to calm down» taking some deep breaths didn’t help the situation really «Stay calm; you got a serious job here. You can’t let this people down even if this place is devil’s house» he told himself to remind why he was there, so after he took one more deep breath he left the dining-room. Of course this didn’t made the evil spirit so happy, he got even more mad when he saw that the young man didn’t left the house even if he was scared, «People like you really drive me crazy» he didn’t lose time and he went after him taking the young detective’s appearance and then like image he passed from mirror to mirror and from glass to glass “People like you have to see with their own eyes to believe that something exist. The same happens with gods…». He stopped at one mirror looking at the detective without copying his moves, «You don’t believe in them even if you say that you are faithful. You have made many wars against innocent people on the name of your religion, while at the same time you don’t even believe in your gods…It’s ironic, right? You’re pitiful juts like them!  I’ll destroy you all! One by one, whoever killed someone will pay the same prize» he said and he made a crack on the mirror right in the place of his neck.  «Just one mistake and I’ll own your life. Everything you ever loved, everything you ever hated, you will say goodbye to them» he said with detective’s voice and his eyeballs turn black just like demon’s ones, «Get out of my house!» he screamed making deeper the crack on the mirror and getting the young man to notice him better  freezing on his spot. «This trip really has affected my mind, now I hear voices? Then what?» he asked himself and he looked at the mirror, «I’m that-» the reflection in the mirror scared him like no tomorrow, he had to cover his mouth so he wouldn’t scram like a little kid, he hoped that if he close his eyes this scary image will go away but it really didn’t,  «Oh montie…It’s impossible that I’m  that tired to see those things» he walked closer to the mirror slowly to see it better «There is a weird cold vibe here» he noticed the crack on the mirror and he dared to touch it from the start of the crack to the end of it «It’s real, I can touch it…But all this is just…Unbelievable». This time he dared to look at demon eyes «I don’t believe in anything supernatural…But…I can’t really explain this. I need to ask the professor, I have to know what happens in this house. Still, there is no way to leave; I have to help those people. This tragedy has to stop now. Whoever you are, whatever creature you are, stop. You scare me but I’m not afraid. I don’t love anything but I hate the bad people, my job is to give justice and speak the truth that no one knows and you’re not going to stop me from do it so» he sighed takings his hand from the mirror, «What I’m even doing? I start to talk to myself. He looked one more time at the demon eyes before he took his leave.

Night arrived and it was finally time for the young man to rest after this weird long day that left and a night with stars in the sky replaces her. The night pass faster and a new day come, the detective now with clear mind start his day by starting with his case almost after he got out of his bed. Ignoring neibors warnings and the incidents that happened yesterday, he went at the second floor with the hope to find any books or something that could help him with his case. When he was finally at the second floor he could see that it was in worse condition than the first floor, dust, spider web and that awful smell when air has so long time to enter this house as hard to not notice.  The young man decide to open the windows so fresh air could enter the house before he go back at his searching, he chose a door and he entered a room with dark colors but rich disine, there was a big porteit on the wall behind the bed but the face of the man on the potret looked familiar to the detective, he could swear that the man looked just like the man who saw yesterday at the crowed of the villagers. «This must be the Lord Jung, it’s weird, he looks like the young man yesterday. He even have a mole at the same place, right under the left eye. Still it’s weird…maybe they look alike because they’re related. Just because he disappeared it doesn’t mean that he’s not alive. But i can say that his appearance, his face….everything about him look so aristocratically. It’s sad that a person like him may be dead» with this words he left the room and for his good luck the next room he entered was the library.

After a hour and a half he exited the library with a book in his hands, in the end he found something useful. He went downstairs and left the book in the office where he would work with the case, later he left the house because he needed the police’s documents about the case but first he decide to pass by the professor’s house since it was on his way to the police station so he found himself at the footstep at professor’s house, some soft knocks at the door was enough for the professor open the door and welcome him with a warm smile and a good morning. «How can I help you sir? Please come inside» he said politely and moved aside so the other could enter and he closed the door after he did, «Good morning and thank you. At first can we stop with all this formal? We look like we’re the same age Yongguk» the detective answered him with a smile «As you want. Well tell me now the reason behind your visit» he start walk inside with the detective «I just wanted to say Good morning and talk’ he smiled again at him «This is really nice of you» the professor answered with a smile too. «Your house it’s pretty good, it looks like a school» the detective said after taking a better look around when they sat down on the table «Thank you, I try to have everything what an student need. But I almost forgot, I’m sorry. Do you want anything to eat or drink?» the teacher asked with a smile, the detective was ready to say no but his growling stomach gave an answer for him «Your stomach sound like you need food like you have to eat anything from yesterday, I can’t leave you like that. Let’s eat something first and then we can talk» the professor said and then he got up to find something to eat «I can’t say something, my stomach betrayed me» the young man chuckled «Thank you» he thanked him «It’s nothing» the professor said a and gave him some cheese and bread, then he sat down again with him and they start to eat together. «This taste reminds me of my childhood» the young smiled after he took another bite of his cheese «You had good childhood? » the teacher asked «You could say so» the detective answered, «Your last name is Kim, right? And as I can see you’re Asian, so can I ask you where you come from? » the other man asked and the young detective just nodded «Of course. I was born in Korea but I left the country with my parents when i was still a baby to move in China, there my parents died when I was ten years old but a soldier from France found me and he took me with him back at his country, there he adopted me with his wife and I still live there till today. So you could say that I have many homelands and I can speak three languages, English, Chinese and mostly Frances…I don’t speak that good Korean. What about you? How you end up here?» he said and asked curious the other «I come from Korea but my parents searched for a better tomorrow that’s how my family end up here. I’m sorry for your lost but I can understand your pain. At least you were lucky and someone help you to grow up and send you at school» The professor answers simply «From what you said i can see that you lost your parents too…I’m sorry that’s terrible…and hard. I’m really sorry but how you lost them? It’s okay if you don’t want to answer, I understand» the detective asked but the other just shake his head «No, It’s alright. It about your case maybe and you would found sooner or later. They both disappeared seven years ago» he answered and a mysterious vibe covered them. «They disappeared? » the detective asked like he didn’t heard clear «That’s right…but it’s Lord Jung’s fault. That mad man» the professor said after he slip some water but right now the detective was confused «How that it can be? » he asked, something didn’t seem right «My parents used to work for him as his servants» the other said but the detective was still confused «I don’t really understand, please explain» the young man said and the teacher sighed, «I’m sorry, you’re right. You don’t know about the legend» he explained «You say about the legend the villagers are scared of? » he asked and the other gave him a nod «That’s right», «To speak the truth this is what i wanted to talk about. I want to know the legend» the young man spoke «Then I’ll be glad to tell you, you need to know but don’t tell anyone, the mayor told us to not do so. He doesn’t want the visitors know about the legend because he knows that they will run away» the professor said voluming down his voice like he didn’t want someone to hear «I passed the night at Lord Jung’s house and I saw some weird things…so go on» he wanted to know about the legend, he wanted to find a way to explain the yesterday incidents and he wanted answers now. «First of all...this happened in reality and it’s not a legend» the professor start, «Lord Jung mysterious disappeared five teen years ago but the disappearances start before he disappeared and evidences show that Lord Jung was behind this disappearances. In this village people disappear for around twenty years. By the fifth year they found out who’s was behind it by founding some dead bodies, Lord Jung who was behind it disappeared before the police arrest hm. As you know till now people disappear and everyone believe that Lord Jung is behind it again but everyone have different scenario. Some of them believe that he is still alive and he continue his job and some say that his spirit do his job» the teacher told him the legend but the detective didn’t knew what exactly he could say right now, he really didn’t wait something like this so he simple nodded his head. «Many of the villagers believe in the second scenario» the other spoke again «But why he is killing them? » the young man asked «Lord Jung was a man who didn’t forgive the unfair…he was something like a revenge. Most of the victims happen to have done something unfair, murder or mostly. He wanted to give justice as he believe was the right way» the professor explained, «I see. I come here to ask you about the legend but you end up helping me with my case, thank you» the detective said and then he got up «Sadly I have to go, I have work to do. Please take this as a thank you gift for your help and for your hospitality» the young man put out of his pocket a little back with cold coins inside and he gave it to him «Please take them, I know you help the kids, please let me help with this way» he added and smiled at him, the other couldn’t believe in his eyes but he accepted the gift «Thank you, I’ll make good use of it» the professor said smiling and bowed his head, «Please let me to you to the door».