The Magic World

The Sect - I'll Get You Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So what are we going to do now?”, Hoseok asked and looked at Hyunwoo. They had all agreed to stay at Minhyuk's place until they had figured out the situation. Minhyuk and Hyungwon were sleeping in the living room, the others were in the kitchen probably ransacking the fridge and the two of them were in the guest room. He was doing some push-ups, while Hyunwoo was lying on the bed, one arm behind his head, scrolling through his phone. The older one looked up briefly, letting his gaze travel over Hoseok's backside and then returned his attention to his phone.

“Hyung”, Hoseok said in a complaining manner and flung himself onto the bed next to Hyunwoo. He propped himself up on one elbow, wiped some sweat off his forehead and stared at the older boy until Hyunwoo dropped his phone and sighted.

“I don't know”, he answered truthfully, “I guess, we'll have to wait until Hyungwon regains some strength. He's the only one who knows what to do now.”

He picked up his phone again.

“What are you doing?”, Hoseok asked curiously and scooted closer to his hyung, trying to catch a glimpse at the screen.

“Playing a game”, he said, his eyes still fixed on the phone.

“What game?”

“Stop being so nosy.” Hyunwoo pushed Hoseok back a little, making him pout.

“Pay attention to me”, he whined and softly scratched Hyunwoo's arm. The older boy tried to shake him off.

“You smell.”

Hoseok rolled his eyes and got up from the bed. “I'm going to take a shower then”, he announced and smirked, “Do you want to join me?”

Hyunwoo just ignored the remark. When he heard the door to the bathroom close and shortly after the water of the shower hitting the tiles, he let out the breath that he had been unconsciously holding while Hoseok had been so close to him. His skin was still tingling where the younger boy had touched him. He looked at the wrinkled sheets, where Hoseok had laid and let a hand travel over the spot that was still a little bit warm from the younger one's body.

What was he doing? Hyunwoo scolded himself in his thoughts.

 

**

The next morning Hyungwon woke up right where he had fallen asleep, on the couch next to Minhyuk, who was just lying there, his head propped up on one arm, looking at him.

Hyungwon blinked a couple of times.

“What time is it? Did I sleep for an entire day?”

Minhyuk nodded. “Yeah you did. I even got you a pillow and a blanket.”

Hyungwon groaned half in embarrassment, half because of the stinging pain of his burns.

“You are really cute when you sleep”, Minhyuk said and absent mindedly began playing with some strands of Hyungwon's soft hair. They lovingly stared at each other for a while.

“I really love you”, Minhyuk finally said and pressed a finger against Hyungwon's lips to shut him up when he tried to speak.

“Don't say anything”, Minhyuk murmured and traced his fingers along the younger boy's lips and chin, letting them travel over his eyebrows and temples to finally stop with cupping the cheeks.

“When this is all over and the curse is broken, I will kiss you”, he said, looking intensely at Hyungwon's plump lips, imagining what they would feel like against his own, “I will cup your face with my hands, brush my thumb over your cheekbone and pull you closer to me. Then I will look up into your eyes and if you don't show any signs of objection then I will kiss you. And I will run my fingers through your hair, down your neck and over your shoulders until they reach your lower back, and I will pull you as close as I can. Because I want to feel your body, I want to feel you, every inch of you.”

“Minhyuk…”, Hyungwon moaned softly, “I need you.”

The older one chuckled. “I know. Just be patient for a little while longer. When we are back from the Magic World I will give you everything. I love you.”

“I know”, Hyungwon answered and snuggled closer into Minhyuk's arms.

“Awww you two are so cuuuuute”, Hoseok commented as he entered the living room and pulled a disgusted face at the sight of their cuddling.

“Let's do this”, Hyunwoo said, passing the doorway right behind the younger boy, followed by the rest of them. “Are you strong enough, Hyungwon?”

“No, he has to rest”, Minhyuk protested but Hyungwon cut him off, “I'm fine. We can leave now and get all of this over with.”

“Great. So how does this work?”, Kihyun asked while slinging his arm around Changkyun's waist, grabbing the boy's and then giving him the most innocent look, when the maknae gasped.

Hyungwon cleared his throat, sat up and tried not to get distracted by Minhyuk's hand that was rubbing his back.

“We have to go through a portal. We had one in the crypt, but it's probably destroyed from the fire so now the nearest one is in a church not far from here. We'll just have to pass through it.”

Jooheon looked at him with doubt. “That sounds unbelievably easy. Are you sure you are not missing a part? Like drinking potions, summoning a demon and sacrificing a ?”

Minhyuk and Hyunwoo shot him warning looks, but Hyungwon just laughed.

“No, there is no need for that. Usually finding the portal is hard if you don't know its exact location, but I came back from a trip to the Magic World through this one once and I still remember where to find it, I think. The problem is the Magic World itself. It's dangerous. And anything magical has a lot more power there.”

“What a surprise”, Hoseok groaned, while secretly stealing an unnoticed glance at Hyunwoo.

“This must sound weird to you”, Hyungwon continued, “but in the Magic World we must think of the curse as a living thing that can act on itself. As soon as we enter that world, the curse will know that we are there to destroy it and it will do everything in its power to stop us.”

Hyunwoo raised an eyebrow. “How is it going to try to stop us?”

Hyungwon shrugged his shoulders. “I don't really know. But the things in the Magic World can influence your feelings. It will probably try to turn us against each other. We have to keep that in mind. We might start to fight over the most stupid and unimportant things. And all hell could break loose. Who knows what this curse is really capable of.”

“We wouldn't fight”, Minhyuk said, hugging Hyungwon from behind and resting his chin next to the younger boy's face, “I love you too much.”

“I know. But still we have to be careful and remember this. If we start to fight over something, just forget about it, we can fight about it as soon as we get back into this world”, Hyungwon urged and more silently he added, “if we return from the Magic World at all.”

Minhyuk was the only one who heard him, and he hugged him a little tighter.

“Well, let's go”, Hyunwoo said, “as soon as Hyungwon puts on some other clothes than Minhyuk's pyjamas.”

 

**

They arrived at the church and luckily it was empty. Hyungwon began counting the rows of benches and stopped at the thirty-seventh, walked over to the opposite wall and began patting it while murmuring something that none of the others could understand. A small blue line in the form of a door appeared on the wall, shining more and more brightly until they had to cover their eyes.

When they looked at the portal again there seemed to be only a blue and purple void, but the longer they stared the more detailed they could see a tiny bridge leading from the portal over a chasm to a seemingly beautiful world full of colours.

“This is it”, Hyungwon said, “Remember, the curse is gonna try to stop us. So whatever happens, we most probably cannot trust our feelings.”

He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter