Fairygod Bugsy and the Fire Alarm

My Neighbor(s) is an Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So about the kiss...”

“Stop it, Choi Siwon. Stop asking me about that!” a red faced Kyuhyun stalked towards the couch and sulked on it, more like trying to will the couch to swallow him in embarrassment.

“Is that a green light for me?”

“It is a green light for you to stop or I will close that hole in the wall by myself,” Kyuhyun glared at the chuckling man in his kitchen. Thank goodness he had finished his lunch.

Since the night Bugsy went missing, where Kyuhyun had kissed Siwon’s cheeks – a memory Kyuhyun would like to forget, Siwon had started plastering Kyuhyun about it and even though it had already been a week, the business man couldn’t seem to shut up about it.

“Alright, alright, just telling you I will be home late today, so I can’t prepare dinner for you. Is it okay?” Siwon asked Kyuhyun, his expression turning worried.

“I am capable of having my own dinner, Siwon. I’m not a child, for god’s sake!” Kyuhyun frowned at the smiling man.

“I still feel guilty, though, for leaving you alone at night,” Siwon’s face turned into a guilty one.

“We are not married, Siwon. And even housewives would get annoyed by your constant harassment,” glowered Kyuhyun, although his stomach felt funny.

“Fine then, I will be leaving now. Have a nice day off, Kyu. Don’t stay up too late,” Siwon grabbed his coat before leaving Kyuhyun’s apartment room.

“Your owner is an idiot, Bugsy,” Kyuhyun shook his head, although a hint of smile curved on the human’s face.

So what am I going to do now?

 

•°•°•


The rest of the afternoon included lounging around in the living room and playing his PS4, while all the same while playing his mobile games. Bugsy seemed to love the company as he kept barking every time Kyuhyun won a war in the TV. Three hours of playing later, Kyuhyun’s phone rang.

“Changmin? What is it? I was just going to defeat the big boss,” Kyuhyun asked, annoyed.

“Glad to have you here, best friend. I was just asking if you and Siwon would have time tonight?”

“Siwon has a late meeting tonight and I don’t feel like it,” Kyuhyun answered as he messed around Bugsy’s ears.

“Aww, the good housewife is waiting for his hubby to come home,” Changmin’s cackle could be heard from the phone speaker. “So have the both of you kissed?”

Kyuhyun stuttered many kinds of “no”s as he felt his face heating up, replaying the scene a week ago.

“Oh, so you have,” Kyuhyun could even hear his friend’s sly smirk from behind the other’s phone. “Just so you know, if you need something Yunho and I have them all. Yes, I mean all. So have fun tonight,” Changmin hurriedly spoke as he hung up the phone, not giving any time for Kyuhyun to retort or curse at him.

“Damn Changmin!” Kyuhyun cursed as he kicked at thin air, before Bugsy jumped onto his chest to cheer him up.

“Nothing can cheer me up now, you stupid dog,” Kyuhyun muttered and there was another ring from his phone.

Kyuhyun frowned at the contact name and picked up, “Choi Siwon? Did you changed your contact name in my phone to “Neighbor Prince”?”

“Oh, of course you would find out,” Siwon’s laugh echoed through Kyuhyun’s head and his pants would be in fire if he said that it didn’t cheer him up.

“Do not touch my phone, you hear that?” Kyuhyun instead remarked and pushed Bugsy away from his chest.

“Can’t promise you, Kyu,” Siwon chuckled. “So what are you doing right now?”

“I’m playing and you interrupted it.”

“Oops, sorry,” although the tone was the opposite. “I will be home around eleven, so don’t wait for me, alright?”

“Who would want to wait for you,” grumbled Kyuhyun, earning another laugh from the older.

“Then, my meeting will start soon. Eat a healthy dinner alright, Kyu. I miss you,” Siwon said before hanging up, leaving Kyuhyun in  a state of trying hard to keep his straight face in check.

“Your owner is a real stupid idiot,” he turned to Bugsy with a fake glare instead.

Bugsy replied with a bark and proceeded to run around Kyuhyun’s feet.

“Are you hungry?” Kyuhyun frowned as he glanced at his phone to see it was already dinner time.

He was thinking about takeouts but then his mind drifted to a certain man in his office. He had done so much for Kyuhyun and now was probably the time to pay him back.

Sighing, the teenager opened his fridge to look for any ingredients, not that he could recall buying anything other than chips. But now, his fridge was full that he had blinked in confusion. When had Siwon stocked up his fridge, not to mention it was Kyuhyun’s own fridge.

“Your owner is too nice of an idiot, you know that?” Kyuhyun told Bugsy again, gaining another bark from the pup, as if he was agreeing.

“Good dog, now you eat and leave me alone,” Kyuhyun poured a pile of dog food on Bugsy’s bowl, that would surely horrify Siwon but Bugsy seemed happy so the human just shrugged.

Now what should I make? Kyuhyun though to himself as he inspected his fridge.

In the end, the student decided to make japchae for the two of them.

“Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook the noodles until al dente... what the hell is al dente?” Kyuhyun squinted at his smartphone screen as he read the recipe. But he still boiled water and immediately poured the noodles into the pot and covered it.

“Heat the sesame oil in a large pan over medium heat,” Kyuhyun repeated the recipe as he did what was told. “Add the onions, scallions, garlic, mushrooms, carrots, and zucchini, and stir fry until softened, about 5 minutes.”

As Kyuhyun was busy stirring the ingredients of the pan, the boiling pot beside him suddenly shook and there was smoke all around him. Cursing all profanities, the male turned off the stove and tried to fan out all the smoke. But then, the fire alarm rang and water was pouring on him.

“, , .”

  •°•°•


“So you are cooking, no, let me rephrase. So you are boiling noodles, when suddenly there was smoke?” one of the firefighters interviewed him, looking so hard trying not to laugh.

“Quit it, Hyuk,” another fireman hit his colleague’s back before offering a sorry smile at Kyuhyun.

“But, Hae, their apartments have holes!” the first fireman finally burst laughing, causing Kyuhyun to hid his face in his hands.

Kyuhyun felt like a failure. How could someone even fail to boil noodles with water? Ten minutes after the smoke had died down, the fire engine still arrived anyway, causing a chaos in the apartment, where Yesung had already ran out of the apartment with his turtles and Zhou Mi, the Chinese man living in the apartment had rushed to his room, his face filled with worry.

Kyuhyun was just going to apologize and send everyone off when a very panicked Siwon rushed into the apartment, eyes frantically searching for something, or someone, when his eyes landed on Kyuhyun and he sighed in great relieve.

“Kyu? Are you alright?” the older squatted in front of the sitting Kyuhyun and touched his cheeks.

“I’m fine, there was no fire. I just kind of messed up,” Kyuhyun mumbled slapping Siwon’s hand away.

“Okay, seemed like there was no real problem here, so we will be going back to our base,” one of the firefighters told them and both residences hurriedly bowed before the apartment was back to its quiet state.

“Um, so.. what happened Kyu?” Siwon asked his roommate again worriedly.

“I was just trying to cook when it just happened,” Kyuhyun answered softly, not meeting the other’s eyes.

Siwon blinked for a whole minute before smiling so widely.

“You are trying to cook for us?”

Kyuhyun just nodded and shifted his feet.

“I am very capable of cooking alright. It is just a small stupid mistake,” Kyuhyun finally met Siwon’s eyes.

“I’m not accusing you, Kyu. I’m just very happy that you are thinking of cooking for me,” Siwon smiled his dimpled smile.

“Now we didn’t have any dinner.”

“Good thing I bought Chinese takeout that I plan to heat tomorrow as breakfast. But eating it now seems like a good idea. Although i actually prefer your food,” Siwon showed the bag of takeouts on his hand before setting them down on the kitchen table.

Kyuhyun joined him and the both of them started to eat when Kyuhyun’s phone rang.

“Kyuhyun! Amber told me what happened which she knew it from Zhou Mi that you set up the fire alarm? Dude, you don’t even know how to correctly make instant ramyeon!”

Kyuhyun immediately hung up and continued eating as if nothing happened, waving off Siwon’s inquiring look.

“But what were you making

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter