A (Very huge) Hole and a Dog

My Neighbor(s) is an Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey! Kyuhyun! Wake up before I broke this pathetic wooden door of yours!” a loud banging echoed through the quiet apartment.

Kyuhyun was very tempted to ignore his best friend, but he was sorry for his rickety door. With a groan, he stood up and stalked grumpily towards the door and swung it, although mindful not to let the door fall off its hinges.

“Good you’re awake. Now dress up or I will drag you to the campus looking like this.”

“What a nice morning call, Min,” Kyuhyun glared at the other and walked back into his bedroom to grab his clothes before entering the bathroom.

“So what is with all those boxes in front of the door beside your room?” Changmin asked through the thin wooden door of Kyuhyun’s bathroom.

“I don’t know, probably someone will be moving in today,” replied Kyuhyun as he finished brushing his teeth and the shower.

Ten minutes later, the previously grumpy university student was now ready and the two of them made their way out of the worn-down apartment.

“I can’t believe someone is moving to the apartment building,” Changmin exclaimed in confusion as they walked towards their fifteen-minutes-away campus.

“Dude, it is where I live now, can you please not degrade it so much. Well, it is the cheapest I can find. And if I’m not mistaken, which I never was, you lived there earlier with me before you moved to your boyfriend’s luxurious apartment,” Kyuhyun retorted.

“Well sorry, it’s just that no one had ever moved in since we first moved in. And all I know is there are four rooms which are occupied out of six rooms. You, the creepy turtle guy, the smiley gentle-Chinese man, and that tomboy girl who beat me in drinking.”

“You are an idiot, Amber is the queen of drinks,” Kyuhyun laughed as they entered the university ground.

It will be a long tiring university day.

•°•°•


“I have arrived home safely, Yunho. Take care of that drunkard for me,” said Kyuhyun before hanging up on Changmin’s boyfriend.

The three of them was just relaxing in the bar when Changmin drank too much and their relaxing moment was cut short. In the end, Kyuhyun excused himself to take a taxi while Yunho carried Changmin to his car and drove back to now-their luxurious apartment.

Humming the latest song he heard in the radio earlier, Kyuhyun made his way into the bathroom and took a quick bath. After brushing his teeth , he wrapped a white towel around his waist and walked out of the bathroom only to hear something unfamiliar.

It sounded like a drill. And the wall was shaking.

Like what a rational gamer would do, the only thing Kyuhyun had time to save was his PS4 before a huge chunk of his wall tumbled down, destroying his TV cabinet in half. Kyuhyun stood still with his mouth open, trying to process what had just happened. It wasn’t an everyday situation where your wall broke down and ruined your furniture.

Suddenly a dog jumped over the wall into his living room and a tall guy peeked half of his upper body into the whole, looking very horrified. Kyuhyun would have laughed and threw a snarky comment at how the electrifying was the man’s eyebrow, if only his room wasn’t ruined by a huge hole.

“Uh, I’m really, really sorry. I didn’t mean to break your wall but we live in adjacent apartments and the wall is very, very thin and I accidentally knocked a hole in the wall and into your living room I’m really sorry— Oh my god you’re ,” the handsome man blabbered and abruptly stop as he widened his eyes at Kyuhyun’s very minimum state.

Realizing what the man had just said, Kyuhyun flushed red all the way down to his chest before hurrying grabbing the towel only for the towel to be snatched away by the dog. In frustration, Kyuhyun immediately fled into his bedroom to throw on some clothes. The teenager then proceeded to cover his face and squat on the floor.

What had just happened? He saw me in my own living room. My wall has a huge hole.

He just saw me .

Kyuhyun felt like jumping out his second floor window, but trying to be a perfectly normal human being, Kyuhyun walked out and faced the man again, who was still behind the hole, thank goodness. The dog was now on the man’s arms and the towel...

“Here is your towel, I’m really sorry about my dog. And the wall,” Siwon handed Kyuhyun the shorter’s white towel, having the decency to look guilty and embarrassed.

Kyuhyun snatched the white cloth and blushed very hard, avoiding any eye contact and instead stared at the carpeted floor.

“So,” the man cleared his throat, “Um, my name is Choi Siwon and this is my dog, Bugsy. We are your new neighbors. I’m really terribly sorry about what happened to your wall and the TV cabinet but I promise I will fix it and pay for the damage,” Siwon looked at Kyuhyun with a pleading look.

“What were you doing earlier?” Kyuhyun gave the other a disbelieving look.

“Well, I was just going to put a nail on the wall to hang the mirror but I have never used a drill before and well, you see,” Siwon confessed and rubbed his neck with his free hand.

“I will now have to waste my energy pushing my tall bookshelf to cover that hole,” Kyuhyun remarked as he shook his head, looking really displeased.

“I can help you do that,” Siwon’s face fell for a second before smiling hopefully.

“Not now, I need to eat,” Kyuhyun simply waved away before walking into the kitchen, which was still a part of the living room, when he smelled something really nice.

“Oh, I was cooking dinner too. I hope you will want to join me. This is one of my form of apologies?” the man hesitantly asked.

Sighing, Kyuhyun nodded, he was always okay with free food.

“Good let me take them all here. My place is still a mess so is it okay?”

Kyuhyun nodded again, gaining a happy grin before the taller disappeared into his own apartment, the dog trailing behind him.

Ten minutes later, both males sat opposite to each other around Kyuhyun’s white bar table – which was actually too fancy for his apartment – with lots of food on the table.

“You cooked all of this?” Kyuhyun asked incredulously.

“Well, yeah, I was going to share it to you any way, since we are the only ones living on the second floor,” Siwon grinned as he put different kind of food on Kyuhyun’s plate.

“I can take it by myself,” Kyuhyun blinked and almost laughed at a flushed Siwon. Almost.

As they were eating quietly, Kyuhyun could finally observe his new neighbor. Siwon surely had a face and body people would die for, and Kyuhyun would be a big liar if he said that Siwon didn’t attract him. The other was currently wearing a white button down shirt and a pair of grey jeans. The other seemed like he was just home from work since he was still wearing his watch. Is that a Rolex?

Kyuhyun frowned as he looked at the definitely older male who was still eating obliviously.

Why would he move here if he is wealthy enough to buy a Rolex? 

Siwon who seemed to realize the stare met the younger’s eyes and smiled. Kyuhyun swore under his breath and looked away, before munching the delicious food again.

“Why did you move here?” Kyuhyun finally asked after his third piece of chicken wings.

“My house was in renovation and this apartment is the nearest to my office,” Siwon answered and showed another of his dimpled smile.

Kyuhyun shrugged in understanding before something rubbed his leg and he yelped in surprise, causing the other man to laugh out loud.

“It is just Bugsy, Kyu,” Siwon kept laughing out loud as he put Bugsy on his lap.

Kyuhyun pouted and ate the food faster instead, causing Siwon to stop laughing but smiling at the younger fondly.

“Until the wall is being fixed, we should eat together like this every day,” Siwon suggested. “If you don’t mind,” he quickly added at the look Kyuhyun was giving him.

“As long as the food is on you,” Kyuhyun simply answered as he looked at Siwon for any annoyed reaction. But the only reaction he got from the taller was a wide sunshine smile and furious nods.
 

•°•°•

“No, let me do it, Kyu. You just go sit down while I wash the plates.”

“Be careful of the sharp glasses, Kyu. Just let me clean it after I finish the plates. I caused it all after all.”

Kyuhyun snapped at Siwon and glared at the other who was behind him, trying to grab the broom from his hands.

“For Starcraft’s sake, Choi Siwon! I’m not a pregnant lady, I am very capable to do house chores!”

Siwon blinked at Kyuhyun before he started to chuckle.

“What’s so funny?” Kyuhyun growled out.

Siwon his lips before answering, “Well, I know you are capable to do everything, but for tonight just let me do it, alright? I owe you at least this much.”

Kyuhyun stared at the man in front of him before sighing and handling the other the broom.

“Fine,” the younger mumbled. “I will be in my room and when you are done, go knock on my door,” Kyuhyun told Siwon before he entered his bedroom.


•°•°•


An hour later, Siwon had done everything, from the plates, to the broken TV cabinet an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter