Start of summer

My Days of Summer (aka Noona and the 7 Giants)

Jiyeon had been holding it for 30 days just to escape from the memory that was Woohyun. Finally, after the full of her resignation days were over, she moved to the province to work there. She had applied online and had went to an interview on a weekend (she just went to the province for the interview and went back to Seoul afterwards). Fortunately for this impulsive move of hers, she was accepted, as there were a lot of vacancy in a pharmacy near the public market.

It was a relief for her to start a new life in another place where no trace of Woohyun could haunt her.

It was the official start of summer the day she set her foot in the province. The province had provided her with a lot of good memories. Hopefully, she'd make a lot now. She was bored. Aside from the heartache, she wanted to spend some time doing something new. She thought going wasted on drinks or even seeking revenge could only make her look bad. She had to build herself. Her past summers had been fun. Hopefully, her summer now would be healing.

Upon stepping in front of the door, she knocked on the door, hoping that her aunt come down to open the door. Finally, the door opened, and to her surprise, it was a tall young man with mild features, cute eye smiles, and thick lips curved into a smile, greeting her. Another feature that caught her eye was his wide shoulders which were accentuated by the white tee he was wearing.

"Annyeonghaseyo?" the young man greeted.

"Ah, annyeonghaseyo?" Jiyeon greeted. "Choi Jiyeon-imnida. May I ask, is Aunt Mirae home?"

The man's face lit up even more into a smile.

"Ah, Noona, Aunt Mirae is here," the young lad informed her, opening the door wide for her. "Noona, jeoneun Kim Seokjin-imnida. Noona can call me Jin."

Jiyeon took an instant liking to Seokjin because he was very polite. Jin offered to take the bags from her hands, and she gladly let him. The moment she came in, she savored the sight of the house that had filled her youthful summers with memories. She followed Jin to the room which she was to use. To her surprise, it was the room that her parents and she used everytime they come here.

"I'll call Aunt Mirae," Jin offered after putting her bags on the bed.

"No need," Jiyeon replied with a smile. "Maybe she is in the room. And Jin can address me comfortably."

"Ne, Noona~" Jin replied.

Jiyeon removed the backpack from her back and shrugged her tired shoulders. Then two of them went out of the room, with Jin going down the living room.

~~~~

Jin's POV:

Hul, the noona seems like the cool type of noona. She's pretty, but not the stylish noonas I imagine from Seoul. But then... the noona has a very sad face. I wonder why.

End of POV

~~~~

"Eh? The noona is here?"

All the other guys got out from their beds, save from Yoongi, as usual. They all sprinted out of the room with Jin, who had informed them of the arrival of the noona. Jimin imagined the noona to be in a tight mini dress that accentuated her curves, and with a good set of chest to boot. Jungkook thought that the noona was wearing a flowy summer dress, had great curls, wears cute sandals, has a dainty laugh, and was as white as Yoongi-hyung. Hoseok thought that the noona had killer proportions, just like Secret's Hyosung. Taehyung was hopeful that the noona was cute and thoughtful enough to jive along with his weird nature. Namjoon hoped that the noona was as stunning and slim and had a Jun Jihyun aura. And Yoongi? Well, he never said anything, as he spent his waking hours writing rap lyrics.

As for Jin, half of his expectations were broken, but he was not complaining about it. In fact, he never told the guys how the noona looked like.

Well, the young men hopefully waited downstairs. Finally, Aunt Mirae came out with her niece, the jaws of the rest of the kids dropped. Either they were shocked or disappointed, the reality sinking in.

Sure, Jiyeon had smooth white skin, was wearing the latest makeup trend, and had great curls which were digitally pirmed. However, she had it up in a high ponytail, with some curls running down the front of her ears. She was wearing a checkered shirt, skinny jeans, and a pair of black socks. She had left her pair of Converse sneakers at the door. She was dressed as plainly as she could that the guys thought the only saving grace she had was her cute face.

Despite feeling the blues, Jiyeon lit up a smile on her face, but only Jin noticed the lack of twinkle from her eyes.

"Ah, yeoreobun, it's good that all of you are here," Aunt Mirae informed everyone. "This is my niece, Choi Jiyeon."

They were lined in a straight line, with a gap in between Jin and Hoseok, Jiyeon noticed. Is Jin not close with the others, she thought. Then, Aunt Mirae encouraged the young lads to introduced themselves.

"Ah, I've met Jin already," Jiyeon said with a smile. "He's a real gentleman."

A smile lit up Jin's face when Aunt Mirae affirmed. In jealousy, Hoseok, Jimin, and Jungkook shot a glare at the eldest hyung.

"Gomawoyo," Jin said, shyly scratching his hair behind his ears.

Not to be outdone, Hoseok introduced himself, "Jung Hoseok-imnida. Pleased to meet you, Noona. Noona can call me J-Hope because I am in charge of bringing hope to this house and in school."

"Wow, you must be a valiant hero," Jiyeon complimented him. "J...Hope, you said?"

"Ne, but Noona can also call me Hobi," Hoseok replied.

"Aigoo, what full of charms," Jiyeon told Hobi, preventing herself from reaching out to pinch Hobi's flustered cheeks.

"Hi, I'm Rap Monster," Namjoon introduced himself in the African-American accent that he had used for years ever since watching American shows and listening to American hip-hop and r&b songs.

"Eh?"

"Oh, Kim Namjoon-imnida," Namjoon reverted to Korean speech. "Rap Monster is my pseudonym in hip-hop battles."

Hip-hop battles. Jiyeon thought she'd heard that often in Seoul, but she never thought kids in the province are also into hip-hop battles already.

"Wow, that's daebak," Jiyeon said with a smile, speaking to Namjoon comfortably like their souls had known each other for years. "I should like to witness a hip-hop battle one of these days."

Namjoon blushed. He had taken an instant liking to this noona because, though she didn't have the goddess aura, she was very easy to talk to.

"Ah, Yoongi-hyung and I will be participating in one this Saturday," Namjoon said.

"Yoon...nuguseyo?" Jiyeon asked, unable to catch the name.

"Ah, Min Yoongi," Jin said, pointing to the empty spot between him and Hobi. "Yoongi loves to sleep, and up to now, he's still asleep. But he only lives for rap and basketball."

Jiyeon errupted into a hearty laughter. "Geurae? Sleeping is lifeu, I believe. I should like to meet him."

"But you'll get to meet him, perhaps, this afternoon," a high-pitched voice chirped in.

Jiyeon turned around to see the next person to Namjoon. The young man had sparkly eyes and a sly grin. He looked like an innocent man who was skilled enough to capture a hundred noonas' hearts.

"Ah, Park Jimin-imnida," Jimin smoothly introduced himself as he stepped forward as he stretched out his hand for a handshake. "But Noona can call me Jimin, Jiminie, or Chim-chim."

Jiyeon shook his hand and called him by name, but to everyone's shock, Jimin took her hand and kissed the dorsum (back opposite the palm).

"Sheesh, you are only in middle school!" Hobi scolded Jimin, while Jimin gave him a triumphant look. "And you are being greasy already."

"I'll make Noona mine, remember?" was Jimin's haughty reply.

Jiyeon laughed. This Jimin guy had a very strong confidence in himself, she thought. She was beginning to see herself enjoying and hanging out with these bunch of cute and funny young lads.

"Aigoo, Jimin-ah, you have to time travel to let your older self meet Jiyeon in the present," Aunt Mirae joke.

"Geureomyeon, I'll study hard and take up physics or computer or something," Jimin replied. "So I can build a time machine."

Aunt Mirae wasn't sure if Jimin was serious or not.

Jiyeon's vision landed on the the next lad, who was staring at her like he had seen an apparition from heaven. The young man sported a very serious and blank look on his face.

"Annyeonghaseyo?" she greeted the shy young lad kindly.

"An-----nyeonghaseyo, Noona? Kim Taehyung-imnida," the young lad drawled as he introduced himself.

"Kim Taehyung," Jiyeon repeated. "Ah, Taehyung has very deep features. Like he is always thinking."

"He thinks of aliens all the time," Jimin said. "But freak not, Noona. He's a cool kid."

Jiyeon errupted into laughter. Her life had been bitter eversince the breakup, and she hadn't had a good laugh in a while. She thought nobody in all of Korea ever believed in aliens anymore because people were rational and only thought of their oppas and unnis (but many are delusional still), so she thought nobody were followers of dear Haruhi Suzumiya.

"I think woori Taehyung likes manhwa and anime?" Jiyeon asked.

Taehyung's faced lit up. "Ne! I love Shingeki no Kyojin so much! And the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya! And Steins;Gate!"

The other guys laughed. Taehyung was such a freak. But Noona only laughed.

"Ah, Haruhi Suzumiya is my childhood!" Jiyeon replied.

"Aigoo, Jiyeon, enough with your anime," Aunt Mirae said in exasperation.

"But Auntie, there are a lot good animes these days. Even the cyberpunk ones for adults!" Jiyeon said to her aunt.

Aunt Mirae didn't know what cyberpunk even means. She just wanted her niece to find money, save, make effort, and get married.

"Noona likes Psycho-Pass and Ghost In A Shell?" Tae-tae asked.

"Oooh! Kougami Shinya is my crush!" Jiyeon squealed, exchanging high-fives with Tae. "And Major Kusanagi is the baddest female!"

The other guys were exasperated. They thought the cool noona was more into serious stuff, but it turned out, she might hang out with Tae more often. Anime and manga lovers. How could they get to the noona's heart?

But then, after exchanging high fives with Tae, Jiyeon noticed the silent young lad beside Taehyung. He was sweating and getting paler, and he was biting his lower lip nervously. He was silent. Taehyung elbowed the young lad beside him, and the young lad was forced to introduced himself.

"Jun Jungkook-imnida, International Playboy," the young lad said before giving out a cute smile. But he bit his tongue in between his smile afterwards.

He looked like a puppy when he said that, so his hyungs were laughing hard, especially Jin and Hobi.

"International Playboy, but couldn't even keep his shyness from Noona," Jin teased the maknae.

Jiyeon noticed Jungkook's face and ears blushing.

"Aigoo, what a cutie!" Jiyeon said while looking up. She thought he was still in middle school, but he was already taller than herself.

Jungkook blushed even more and his knees were shaking when Jiyeon pinched his cheeks. "Aigoo, what a real cutie! Like a rabbit!"

After pinching Jungkook's cheeks, Jiyeon stepped back and shrugged her shoulders in happiness. She had a feeling spending summer with these guys were better than sulking her heartache away.

"O?" they all heard someone speak with a raspy voice.

Everyone turned to the staircase and saw Yoongi coming down. He was rubbing his sleepy eyes, and he had a hard time adjusting his vision to the surroundings. When he saw someone unfamiliar, he blinked and blinked. When it was apparent to him that he was looking at a young woman, he became flustered and bowed down in a jiffy.

"Annyeonghaseyo? Min Yoongi-imnida," he introduced himself.

"Choi Jiyeon-imnida," Jiyeon introduced herself. "Yoongi can call me Noona."

"Now, now, Yoongi, go grab breakfast already. It's almost ten," Aunt Mirae informed the young man before bringing her niece back to the room.

~~~~

"Are you sure this is what you really want?" Aunt Mirae asked Jiyeon.

"Ne," she slowly replied.

"You could have just changed numbers and stayed in Seoul," Aunt Mirae said.

"I changed numbers," Jiyeon informed her, relating how she shared her number to her former colleagues, her boss, her parents, Hyuna, and to those who should necessarily know. "Staying in Seoul... it leaves me a lot of memories with Woohyun."

"Aigoo, you could just gather new and positive memories to replace the old ones," dryly, the old aunt told her niece. "But then, what to do? You and Woohyun had been together since high school. There are a lot of things you remember together."

"That's why," Jiyeon said, finally getting her point across. "At least here, I had not brought Woohyun here, not even once."

"Ah, matda," the aunt agreed. "So, in your stay here, recreate your life."

"Ne..."

~~~~

"Wae?" asked the other guys, save for Yoongi, who was absent-mindedly chewing his food.

"Molla," Jin replied, showing some perplexed expression. "It looked like Noona had a big problem the moment I opened the door."

"But... but she looked so jolly when we introduced ourselves," Jungkook commented.

"Adults are good in hiding feelings, Kookie," Jin informed him. "When you become a high school student, lying is such a necessity."

"I already know that, and I am just a middle schooler," V said.

The seven young lads were at the dining room, talking, and accompanying Yoongi. While Yoongi was eating his brunch, the other guys were eating snacks. As they kept on discussing, Yoongi was just busy listening to them

"Eotteohke saenggakhae (What do you think)?" Jimin asked Yoongi.

"Erm... I think we just need to interact with Noona more," came the reply of the sleepy hyung.

"That's a good idea," Namjoon replied in agreement. "Say, why don't we take Noona to Hobi's dance practice this afternoon?"

"She'll be bored, I bet ya," Jimin said haughtily. "Why don't we do a rock-papper-scissor game to see who gets to have a day with Noona first?"

"That's being selfish, Jimin-ah," Jin said to the third youngest. "Let's just hang out together."

"Ah, hyung~" Jimin whined.

"Ja~~ that's settled!" Hobi triumphantly announced as he wrapped an arm around the frustrated Jimin. "Let's all go to my dance practice this afternoon!"

"Aish, I'll have my revenge soon, Hob-ah!" Jimin vowed.

Not being called 'hyung' didn't sit well with Hoseok, so he angrily (but playfully) pulled Jimin's hair, for they were sitted next to each other, and the two ended up pulling each other's hair. Jungkook screached and begged Hoseok to stop pulling Jimin's hair, and V pointed a peanut-butter filled spoon at Jimin, telling him to stop pulling Hoseok's hair. Jin and Namjoon begged the two to beat it.

"Geumanhae, huh?" Yoongi finally raised his voice, instructing the other two to stop. "We're in the dining hall."

"Chwesonghaeyo, hyung," the two dongsaengs answered meekly. It took an irritated Yoongi to stop the commotion.

Jin let out a pleased sigh as he sat down after all that ruckus. "Okay, let's all go to J-Hope's dance practice. This afternoon."

"To be fair with everybody, though, let's do the rock-paper-scissors that Jimin suggested," Namjoon said. "Let's leave Hoseok-ah out of this since he had the first round. If Jimin-ah gets to win first, he's lucky to get what he wishes."

"A'right!" Jimin gushed happily.

"Don't tell me we're gonna play here in the dining room?" Yoongi asked again.

"I don't see any problem," Jin said to his friend.

But Yoongi only shrugged. "Oh well."

So the rest of the guys did the rock-papper-scissors game, and fortunately, Jimin won the first round. He was elated that after Hoseok's activity, he'd get to choose how he'd spend time with the noona.

The rest of the crew got the following in order. After Jimin went Jin, then Namjoon, then Taehyung, then Yoongi, and Jungkook. Jungkook lost to Yoongi even though he was a very competitive pal. Well, no one can win with a game of chance if chance is against you, no matter how competitive you are.

Namjoon and Jin smiled in satisfaction because the matter was settled well.

 

~~~~

Up next, on to Hoseok's dance practice.