Ex-Best Friend

Heart Like Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“WHAT?!?!” You and Luhan replied in unison when your parents announced that you and Luhan will be having an arranged marriage.

“But I’m only 17, I still want to live my life. And besides I will never spend my remaining my lifetime with this conceited guy over here.” You tried to convince them while pointing at Luhan. Hoping that they will change their minds and call off the marriage.

“Shut up. You think I want to be with you?” He rolled his eyes. He switched his direction towards his parents. “I have a girlfriend. I love her and I don’t want to hurt her.”

“He’s right.” You agreed with him. “And I still want to marry my Key.” Your fangirl side suddenly came out. “Oh puh-lease. Haneul, we’re on the verge of losing our remaining lifetime here. Stop fangirling. Ugh.” Luhan ranted.

You just gave him a sarcastic smile but inside you’re head, you have already killed him a million times.

“We cannot and we will never call off the marriage. This is your grandfather’s one last favor before he left this world, Luhan.” Mrs. Lu explained.

“That’s right. They saw how close you two were when you were kids, they saw how happy you two were when you were playing together. And they even imagined what would be your future if you were together. That’s the reason why Luhan’s grandfather and Haneul’s grandfather decided to make a promise about your marriage. They wanted that imagination to be the reality.” Mr. Kim further explained.

“But that was before. Luhan and I are no longer best friends.” You declared feeling a tinge of hurt. I’m he’s ex-bestfriend.

Luhan looked at you, surprised with what you have just said.

You felt two pairs of eyes digging into your soul so you decided to look back.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” You asked while raising your eyebrow.

“I just can’t believe that I’m marrying my EX-BEST FRIEND.” He replied emphasizing the last word, which made you sad and feel uncomfortable.

I can’t believe he has just forgotten our friendship like that.

You didn’t want anyone to notice your sudden sadness so you decided to ignore him. And looked at your mom.

“Mom, please. Just call off the engagement. I promise I will be a better daughter. I will clean the dishes even though we have a dishwasher and a bunch of maids. I’ll do everything, just please cancel this stupid marriage.” You pleaded. Hoping that she will be on your side on this matter, but of course, you were wrong.

“I’m sorry, my dear Haneul. Everything is settled. You’ll be marrying him when you turn 18 next year.” She replied.

You sighed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter