Chapter 1.3

The Choices We Make
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Eunha! Come for dinner!" 

"3 minutes, just 3  minutes" I pace, back and forth, back and forth, time has never gone by so slow. The tester is on the counter, but, I don't dare to look at it. It had been 3 weeks since I missed my period.

"Eunha! Are you ok? You've been in the toilet for half an hour." Dads at the door "Eunha open the door"

Oh no "Uhm dad give me 5 minutes" I mumble. "I'm just coming out"

"Ok" I hear his slippers thuds on the floor he's going away. I sigh in relief and turn, two lines. I see two lines. Keep it together I need to hide this in my room.

***

I feel like puking but I sit at the table and eat the stir fry dad made. He learned to cook when mom died, 5 years ago. Dads silent he must have something on his mind but that's good i think I'm gonna cry.

We finish eating and dad goes and turns on the tv,

"Eunha come sit here"

"Yes dad" ok maybe it's bad news from work.

"Eunha this was on the counter" it's the pregnancy tester box. My heart drops. My eyes are starting to brim with tears"was this why you were in the bathroom?"

Excuses fill my head but I cant. I can't lie to him."yes" I whimper looking down.

"Was it positive?" I can't look at him.

"Yes"

"Was it Kyungsoo?" my dad's voice cracks. 

"Yes" I look up my dad's crying too. "He doesn't know"

"What do you want to do?"

"I don't know."

"Eunhae! Here comes the helicopter!" uncle taehwan says moving the spoon around in the air before putting it in Eunhaes mouth. You can tell they both are having fun. 

Auntie minsoo, Taehwans wife is getting his breakfast. Grandma is already finished and is reading the paper. The sun is just starting to rise and I need to head out I get up, give grandma a hug, kiss Eunhae and grab my lunch. "Grandma dad says he will be coming this weekend because he has a meeting with some clients on Monday." 

Uncle taehwan looks towards me "hyung is coming. Eunhae do you hear that grandpa is coming!" 

Auntie Mins

Please log in to read the full chapter