Chapter 09

A Whole New Experience [Discontinued]

Nobody’s POV

It’s finally d-day - the day to the London trip. Both Jonghyun and Kibum met the rest of the other students attending the trip at Seoul Incheon International Airport.

 

The Professors led the group to the airplane and Kibum was a bit scared. In reality, this is Kibum’s first time travelling overseas, and also his first time on an airplane. Professor Park helped to fully waiver Kibum’s air ticket cost as he has made exceptional contributions to the school with his outstanding grades. Jonghyun sat beside Kibum on the airplane while others sat in their different groups. Kibum can’t help but to feel amazed with the interior of the airport and the plane itself. 

 

The captain then speaks, however, Jonghyun turned to Kibum and asked him a question.

  

“Kibum! Why are you so tensed up?” Jonghyun asked, a little concerned with the latter’s behaviour. Kibum has been shivering in his seat for the past ten minutes. “N-nothing,” Kibum replied, with a stuttering voice.

 

“Don’t tell me… this is your first time on an airplane?” Jonghyun asked with a grin. 

 

“No! Of co-course not!” However, Jonghyun saw through Kibum’s white lie. It must be Kibum’s first time. I mean, how can one get so tensed up even before the plane has taken off? 

 

Jonghyun can’t help but want to tease this new traveller, “okay… just letting you know, when the airplane takes off, the lights will go off and you cannot see anything.”

 

“R-really?” fear in his voice.

 

“Yes! Also, the plane will turn 360 degrees clockwise and your head will be hanging in the air.” 

 

“Oh my god…” Kibum shivered, “I think I need to go to the washroom now.”

 

“You can’t! The plane will take off soon!”

 

Kibum froze in his seat. He wanted to calm himself but the sudden announcement makes him jump in his seat.

 

The plane will now depart in 10 seconds. Please do a last check to ensure that you have safely put on your safety belts.

 

Upon hearing the announcement, Kibum began scurrying in his seat, panicking. “Jjong! Jjong! Is my safety belt put on?!" 

 

“Yes you dummy! It’s on!” Jonghyun gave a barking laugh at Kibum’s knowledge on airplanes. 

 

And soon the plane began to move forward and slowly taking flight. 

 

Kibum, who got a little scared screamed in the middle of the take-off. “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" 

 

Schoolmates, Professors, and other passengers began to look around to find the source.

 

“YAH! Bummie, why are you screaming?” Jonghyun, who was a bit caught off guard whispered.

 

Some of the passengers began to look at the two of them. However, Kibum closed his eyes to ignore all those awkward looks from them and continued screaming, literally out loud. This is my first time! Who cares if people gossip about me…! 

 

It has only been twenty seconds into the take-off and Kibum is already at the verge of crying. It’s his very first experience on the airplane and he can’t get used to the high air pressure getting into his ears. He wanted to carp his hands to his ears but his hands were shivering and sweating profusely as well. Jonghyun can’t take it any longer; he decided to help the latter.

 

The experienced traveller grabs the inexperienced hand into his and peered closer to the scared child and whispered, “I’m right by your side, don’t be scared.” 

 

Kibum somehow manages to figure out what he was saying and lightly nods his head. With Jonghyun’s touch, Kibum’s screams were softer. The air pressure in their ears began to reduce slowly and Kibum is getting used to it. Jonghyun then peered closer to Kibum once more, and started to sing a peaceful ballad song. Within seconds, Kibum relaxed, letting his ears listen to Jonghyun’s soft and calming voice. Beautiful… His voice is simply beautiful… The emotions Jonghyun portrayed was simply amazing. I could listen to his voice all day!

 

And soon, the plane has safely managed to float mid-air. Kibum heave a sigh of relief, finally able to relax a little after all those crazy things that happened. Jonghyun then turned to Kibum and gave a smirk which caused Kibum’s face to flush red. He slowly moves his head, avoiding eye contact with Jonghyun. 

 

Jonghyun then scolded, “yah! If it’s your first time on an airplane, you could just say so! No need to act all tough in front of me.” Kibum blushed even harder and unconsciously recalled Jonghyun’s angelic voice. “Oh ya! Jjong, your voice earlier on is beautiful. Let me hear it once more!” And this time round, it’s Jonghyun’s turn to get embarrassed. “Ahhh~ You have a soft voice. You should sing to me often,” Kibum gave a warm genuine smile.

 

 

Kibum’s POV

“Hi Kibum,” a voice then interrupted our conversation. Jonghyun and I simultaneously turned around and saw another student. His height is around the same height as me, but slightly taller than Jonghyun. He has dark brown hair and is wearing a loose red jacket. I immediately recognised who he is - Lee Jinki. “Hello,” I greeted back. 

 

“Who’s this, Bummie?” Jonghyun pats my shoulder, confused to who he was.

 

Jinki then introduced himself, “I’m Jinki, from class B216.”

 

Jonghyun only nods at his reply. “Anyway, Kibum. I heard you screaming earlier, are you fine?”

 

“Y-y-es, I’m fine. Thank you for y-your concern,” I stuttered. I always stutter in front of Jinki. In fact, most of the students also stutter in front of him. He is a kind-hearted man, and many, regardless of their gender are secretly admiring him.

 

“Here,” Jinki handed a glass of warm milk and a vanilla flavoured sweet to me. I stared at him, confused. He’s… taking care of me… awwww… I feel so honoured… “Eat it, you would feel better soon, I promise.” I can’t help but to blush a little when he handed them to me. I gave a shy smile and thanked him for his concern. “I’m sitting at seat 22, near the front. If you need anything, you may come to my seat,” and with that, Jinki left. 

 

“Kibummie.”

 

“Kibummie! Kibummie!”

 

“YAH! Kim Kibum!”

 

“Oh wait, what?” I turned towards Jonghyun who called my name. “Gosh! I called you for three times already!”

 

“Sorry- I wasn’t…” 

 

“I didn’t know you like guys…,” Jonghyun continued his teasing. “Er-Erm…” -Yes. In reality, I do like guys. As most of you might have already known, my ex was a male. “Don’t worry, I like guys as well,” Jonghyun replied. Upon hearing his reply, my heart can’t help but to feel at ease. Jonghyun just reduced my awkwardness.

 

“Who’s Jinki?” Jonghyun then asked.

 

“Alright, listen carefully… Jinki, Lee Jinki. He is a rrrrreeeeeeeaaaaaaaallllllyyyy popular guy in school as he is kind, caring and understanding. Females nickname him as Onew, when pronounced… it’s like… ‘Only You’-“

 

“-Oh wow. He has a nickname…”

 

“Shhhh! I haven't finished the introduction. Jinki’s grades are also the second best in the entire school.”

 

“You like him?” Jonghyun asked out of the blue.

 

“Why that all of a sudden-?”

 

“Nothing much. Just curious!~~” Jonghyun replied.

 

Deep down in my heart, I can honestly say that I had a crush on Jinki before. I mean who wouldn’t? He’s such a charming young man, and the entire school loves him for his kindness; even Professors and the Principal do! However, ever since Jonghyun stepped into my life -or more accurately- I stepped into Jonghyun’s life, I realised that Jonghyun is much more charming than Jinki. Well, looking back at all the things he had done for me, I really appreciate his existence. Jonghyun allowed me to stay in his apartment, and also paying for my daily needs. This is really too much to offer. Jjong, I prefer you over Jinki, honestly, but for no apparent reason, I can’t seem to speak the truth.

 

“Erm… I’m tired! Ha-ha-ha. I would be taking a nap now. Ha-ha-ha.” I tried to avoid the question. Afterwards, I quickly closed my eyes shut and folded my arms to sleep in a comfortable position. Jonghyun made no reply, which I was really surprised.

 

I then silently opened my eyes to look at Jjong; he was looking at the plane window. Looking at the reflection, I realised that his eyes weren't blinking for a long period of time, and his mouth were closed tightly. He looks… sad… and depressed…, and maybe deep in his thoughts… Why Jjong? Are you angry? What happened to the cheerful… you? 


Chapter 09

Word count: 1427

Date Published: September 24, 2016

Author: SHAWOLVERSE


Author's Note: Helloooo! I've updated. I'm sorry it has been a long time! Ta-da! Jjong and Bummie are now in London! For now, it seems like Jjong is jealous of Onew! But apparently, Kibum likes Jjong! How would the story progress? Only I would know xD

 

AND...... Yesterday,... September 23.....

IS KEY'S BIRTHDAY!!!! WOHOOOOO! His insta updates are so gorgeous! And Onew sent him a present a week earlier already!!! Happy Birthday to the Almighty, y, Diva Key!!! 

And I had been watching Key's drama and I have a feeling that Key would fall in love with that girl (you know who, right? lolol). Will we get to see a kissing scene... AHHHHHHH. MY HEART. It would be great though... seeing Key kissing a girl. The only times he kissed was like in musicals and I can't travel to Korea at that time... Oh well... Anyways, the drama is really nice! Those who had yet to watch it, go and watch!!!

If you enjoyed what you've just read, do UPVOTE, SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT! It motivates me to update the next chapter quicker!