Music Cue~

Once in a lifetime!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yes! Practice is finally over!" said a very bright Joy after their choreographer left the studio. Her members looked at each other with a look of concern. Joy is uncharacteristically cheerful today which was a total opposite of her behavior two days ago. She's laughing louder than usual and plays around but the sadness in her eyes betrays her real feelings. Irene let out a deep sigh. Joy-ah! Looking at you like this is breaking my heart more than seeing you cry. Yeri can feel the tension building up from her older members so she smiled widely and looked at Joy.

"I know right, Unnie? We should eat something good." said Yeri to lighten up the mood.

"Great idea Yeri-ah!" Joy chimed in. She turned to her Irene Unnie and look at her with eyes full of expectations, "Unnie, can't we have some chicken or pizza?" she said in her aegyo voice.

"Joy-ah, we all have to watch our diet before the dream concert. Our manager will--" Irene's long speech was cut short by the entrance of their manager.

"It's okay Irene. If you all promise to work out harder until the concert, one day won't really hurt your diet a bit, right?" their manager also felt Joy's sadness these past few days that she wanted to cheer her up even if it means breaking their diet.

"If you say so, Unnie." said Irene while she looked at their manager with a look of gratitude. "Great! I'll go call the restaurant!" exclaimed an excited Wendy as she dance around to get her phone. 

"Food's on the way." shouted Wendy. They all gathered around as they wait for their food. They talked animatedly and laughed around like they normally do when the food arrived. However, no matter how much Joy try to pretend that she's okay, there were moments when her members noticed that she stays quiet for a few seconds, her eyes focused on nothing in particular until she starts tearing up. She stops the tears from falling by blinking and tries to focus on the conversation again, as if nothing happened just a few seconds prior.

Joy-ah! Stay strong! Seulgi thought to herself as she carefully observes Joy. The seemingly happy conversation was interrupted by Joy's ringing phone.

** 그냥 날 안아줘 나를 좀 안아줘
아무 말 말고서 내게 달려와줘
외롭고 불안하기만 한 맘으로
이렇게 널 기다리고 있잖아
난 너를 사랑해 난 너를 사랑해
긴 침묵 속에서 소리 내 외칠게
어리석고 나약하기만 한 내 마음을

She looked at it and she couldn't stop her tears from falling anymore. Yeri, Seulgi and Irene hugged her tight, as Wendy answers the phone. Idiot! Why use that song as your ringtone when you know it's going to make you cry? She's frowning at their younger member's stupidity.

"Yes, hello! Who's this?" she waited for the other person to respond. "Ahh. Hyunsik-sunbaenim, I'm sorry I don't think Joy can talk to you right now. She's..." she paused for a while. What should I say? Should I tell him that you're crying like a fool because of Sungjae? She sighed before saying, "She's at the wash room right now. I'll tell her to call you back later. Yeah! Thanks. Bye." She waited until Hyunsik ended the call before she put the phone down. She looked at Joy who has already calmed down.

"Are you okay, Joy?" asked Irene, while she hands her a handkerchief. 

It took a lot of effort for her to fake a smile as she wipe away her tears. "Of course, Unnie. Something must've gotten into my eyes that's why I started tearing up. They should really clean this place." She forced herself to laugh but she ended tearing up instead. Yeri held her hand as if encouraging her. "Joy-ah! You don't have to pretend in front of us. You can tell us what's happening. We are a team, a family, after all." said Seulgi in a soft voice.

Joy looked at her members, tears falling down without end. "Unnie, why does it hurt so much? It was all for the show right? We did everything, said everything because we were acting as a couple. But why do I miss his smiles? Why do I miss holding his hands, hugging him, talking to him? Why am I the only one missing our time together? How come he's okay like everything didn't happen at all and here I am, wailing like a child who lost her favorite doll?" She blurted out non-stop amidst tears. Yeri can't help but cry with her. She can feel her Unnie's pain and she really wanted to do something to ease the pain but there's nothing she can do so she decided to hug her tighter. She wanted to give strength to Joy.

The three older members joined the hug. They didn't say anything at all. They let silence prevail for a while to let Joy express what she tried to suppress for the last two days. After what seems like eternity, Irene broke the silence that enveloped the practice room. "Joy-ah! It hurts because you gave him a special place in your heart that no one else, not now or in the future, can take. You are in love with him Joy-ah. Madly. Deeply." she said in a soft voice as she look at Joy in the eyes.

"But why does it hurt a lot? Isn't love suppose to make you smile like a fool? Isn't it suppose to make you happy? I don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter