Against the World

Once in a lifetime!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

President Kim, what’s this news about?

President Kim was staring at the message he received a few minutes ago. The message was followed by a screen cap of an article from an online source. He sighed deeply before responding to the message.

What do you mean? It’s just an article about Joy’s new drama. It’s to be expected. She’s an idol after all.

He didn’t have to wait for a long time for the person to respond. He should have known that this will become a big issue when he decided to accept the offer for Joy.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT? I THOUGHT WE ALREADY TALKED ABOUT THIS? HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT I DON’T WANT HER TO BE PAIRED WITH THAT KID?

He can feel the anger reflected through the message. To be honest, he didn’t really think that CUBE will also accept the drama that’s why he accepted it. After all, it’s a good way to promote SM’s youngest girl group. He was so sure that they will avoid all sorts of dramas to protect their most popular group right now. He was wrong. Why do I have to deal with this early in the morning? He felt like he’s going to have a headache.

I know! I just didn’t think they will accept it. Besides, I also think that this is a good exposure for Joy as well as for Red Velvet. I’m just thinking about their future. It’s for their own good.

Shut up, old man! I know it’s all for the money. That’s how you operate. So don’t even pretend like you care about them. Listen, do something to stop this drama or I’ll cause a big news that you’ll have a hard time covering up. You know me. You know what I can do, right? So, do as I say unless you want to say goodbye to one of your most popular groups. Or shall I say cash cows? Stop this nonsense or say goodbye to your money forever.

President Kim can’t do anything but close his eyes. He knows what exactly this person is talking about. He also knows that he’s capable of doing what he says he will. He can’t afford to gamble because the entire company’s at stake. He picked up his phone once again.

“Yes, hello! This is President Kim from SM Entertainment. I have some things to discuss with you. Do you have a few minutes?”

Little did he know that someone was listening to him through the slightly opened door. He walked away with a smile as the president finished his impromptu meeting.

Good! You should really listen, you greedy old man.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

“Sungjae-ah! Sungjae-ah! Where are you?” he can hear Eunkwang shouting with fervour from the living room. What’s wrong with this hyung? He was reading his script from “Goblin” when he heard his hyung shouting like there’s no tomorrow.

He decided to ignore him and went back to reading his script. He is really focused and determined to do well in this drama. For idols, it’s really a challenge to act in a drama because people always criticize them all the time. People are also expecting a lot from him because of his performance on his previous drama. On top of that, he’ll be acting next to Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook so he can’t just relax. 

 He sighed deeply and tried to immerse himself on the script. Before he can even get into character, he heard loud knocks as if an extreme emergency has just happened. What’s all this fuss about? He put his script down and opened the door. He was surprised when he saw all of s waiting for him to open the door.

“Hyungs! What’s wrong? Where’s the fire?” he asked jokingly to calm the tension that’s starting to build up.

“Did you drop the drama with Joy?” asked Eunkwang, eyes bigger than usual.

“I thought you wanted to do this drama?” added Ilhoon.

“What happened to not backing down and not letting anyone snatch her away from you?” Hyunsik asked seriously.

“Wait, what? I don’t understand what you’re all saying right now. Can anyone enlighten me?” he looked at his hyungs; confusion written all over his face.

Sungjae looked at his hyungs one by one as if doing so will answer all the questions in his mind right now. What the hell are they all talking about?

“You mean, you haven’t heard about the news?” Minhyuk asked carefully.

“What news? I was reading my ‘Goblin’ script all day so I could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter