Ophiucus

Even the stars lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I was the star who hid behind the sun because I was never someone anyone wished upon."

 

Another day, another dollar.

Who believes in that lie? It should be more like another day's disrespect from strangers who demand too much from others. Just because you have the money, doesn't mean you need to flaunt it to those who aren't as fortunate enough as you. 

Oh hey conscious, I'm talking to you again.  I mean, you're the only friend I got and at least you stay quiet despite all the frequent rants I make on the daily basis. 

I rubbed my temples and breathed in deeply. I think I'm going to end up insane when I turn thirty or forty. No, scratch that. I'm already going insane. 

CHOI HANSOL WHERE IS YOUR MONTH's RENT?!

Aish, the landlord ahjumma keeps bombarding me with my rent for the past few days. I told her I was going to pay for it on thursday because that's when I get my salary from the cafe I've been working at.

"Pledis Cafe, where all we serve are smiles and great treats." 

Yeah, right. Emphasis on the sarcasm.

It's thursday today and I got no money from that nutjob boss of mine. He kept on blaming for stupid things such as stealing flour, stealing sugar or worst, emptying out the cash register. I'm poor but I'm not that desperate to commit crimes. Luckily, I didn't get fired. Unfortunately, I don't have money. How do I even tell this ahjumma that my salary got cut again? Why did I have to endure being alone and independent in this age?

 

Why...me? 

The banging stopped ---well, at least temporarily. Hansol could hear the landlord muttering about having to throw his things out the next day. He did not have much but he was not willing to let the remaining items he has to be thrown away. All he had was a big red backpack with sown in patches because of the holes that have cut through for years of use. He has had this backpack ever since he could remember and he knew that it has some meaning to who his parents were. He has garbage bags along with him so he decided to put his clothes inside. 

Around twelve midnight, he was all set to go. He only needed to turn the lights off and leave the key at the counter. He sat on the floor which was approximately in the middle of the room. His shoulders felt heavy once more and his eyes were heating up. Tears were threatening to fall from the latter's big brown orbs but he could not bring himself to do so. 

Tears were a sign of weakness to him. He never cried, not once in his life because he believes he does not have the heart to feel any sort of pain. His eyes roamed from one wall to another. The white walls which were decorated with ripped out magazine sheets which showed stars were plastered against them. Hansol had a strange fascination for stars and he did not know why.

He turned his head towards the window. He noticed how it had been darker than often. The lights were hidden beneath the clouds, not blessing him with their marvolous beauty. Hansol knew that he was rather going to get greeted by the sad droppings of rain. 

In a few minutes, his windows were covered with the night's tears. It was getting cold. Hansol could not afford to get h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter