KMN

Always And In All Ways (ON HOLD)

     "Kill me now," I told JB, lacking emotion. I stared deeply into nothingness, unable to comprehend how I have become so unlucky these past few days.

     "You don't have to ask me to. I'm really going to if you don't drop that last strip of bacon right now," he warned.

     I glanced at the fork in my hand with a strip of bacon that I do not know how and when it got there. I instantly put it back on his plate before he gets mad over getting his favorite breakfast food stolen from him.

     "To humor you, what's the matter?" he asked.

     His sarcasm just went past me because I was too weak to even deal with him.

     The cafeteria was bustling with hungry college students, trying to eat lunch as fast as they could before their next class starts. At the 10 o'clock direction with respect to my point of view, I could see Jung Kook and some of his friends, having a good laugh over something trivial. But the great Jung Kook was only smirking and shaking his head, like he was acting all cool and chill to keep his manly image.

     "Look at that guy.." I uttered weakly, still looking at the direction of my long-time crush who turned out to be an arsehole. JB, who was sitting across me, followed my line of sight. "He's so mean."

     "What did you expect? Of course he would call you out for peeping on him," JB chastised.

     I sighed and faced JB. "I think I saw him smirk when we got sent out of the class," I told him. It's been bothering me and my heart and mind were arguing about it. My heart wants me to dismiss it but my mind keeps telling me I'm stupid if I follow what my heart says.

     "What a jerk," my best friend muttered. "Don't waste your time on that kind of guy."

     He's goofy and care-free but he can be really sweet sometimes. Thinking about how deeply he must care about me gave a smile on my face. But when I remembered what I originally wanted to rant about to JB, my smile turned upside down. "But we're classmates in Management Science," I told him.

     He made a face before answering. "Good luck." He then stood up and walked out of the cafeteria.

     Where is this guy going? I'm not done talking yet! "Ya. Eodiga?" I shouted from behind, trying to catch up.

     "Class, you idiot," he replied without turning around.

~~~~~

     "Alright, guys. Pair up and pick a topic from this bowl of fate," ordered Prof. Kang. He's the professor that everyone hates because he's known for failing students who do not get along with him. According to the seniors, he never teaches in class. It's the students who do his job through reporting. Endless reporting. And if you complain, you fail. So, like it or not, I should really just it up. It's two days of torture a week.

     Because I only hang out with JB, I didn't know anyone else in the class except Jung Kook. It's the final meeting for the week and it's for pairing up for the start of reporting next week. Everyone rustled around to sit with their partners and I just sat there, looking like a loner. I should really work on my socializing skills from now on.

     I sighed in disappointment. No one wants to pair up with me.

     I nearly jumped out of my skin when someone tapped my shoulder from behind. Actually, it was more of a push than a tap so after I got over the surprise, I geared up for a nasty attitude about to break loose. "What!?" I snapped, looking at the tall figure, standing behind me.

     "Let's pair up," the guy said.

     My expression changed and I gulped unconsciously in utter shock when I learned who it was. The mighty Jeon Jung Kook.

     "I have no choice too. Everyone else already got a partner," he explained in an offensive manner, giving me the impression that he's disgusted by me.

     Before I could even make a comeback, Prof. Kang already spoke up. "Come on. Do it fast. Sit with your parnters after getting a topic to report."

     He then took a seat beside me. It was just the two of us at the back because apparently, I'm the only person who sits at the back, having the least interest in the subject, any subject.

     "I already picked a topic. How are we going to divide the work?" he asked.

     He seemed to be professional toward the report but his irritation toward me was still pretty obvious. We spent the rest of the class discussing everything we have to prepare for the report. He made occasional snide remarks on my poor choice of seat location and complained about not being able to hear what Prof. Kang's talking about. I could only roll my eyes and glare at him secretly. How did I end up getting to spend the rest of the semester with him? Because apparently, there will be no switching of partners. I could be jumping in joy now but his cold treatment is really hurting my feelings. It's hard to just brush it off and go on with my fangirling.

~~~~~

     I sighed again for the nth time while all sprawled out on JB's couch, crestfallen and out of it.

     "Oh, yes, welcome home. Would you like anything to eat, mademoiselle?" he said sarcastically, mimicking a servant's gesture.

     Going straight to JB's apartment after class has already become a habit. But even if I have already been going here like it was my home, he still hasn't told me the passcode.

     I just ignored him and turned around to face the back of the sofa.

     "Why are you feeling so blue today? Tomorrow's the weekend already but you look like you're dying and unable to see the sun rise tomorrow. Will you sit properly and get your act together?" he berated.

     "JB: being a caring oppa again," I remarked, not moving an inch from my position.

     "Tch. I'm just worried that I might be accused of having a hand in your possible death," he replied.

     "I know you love me," I told him. He didn't reply and when I realized that he's not a girl for me to just throw that phrase around, I sat up to face him. It was suddenly awkward even if he was making a disgusted face as a response to what I said.

     "Eww, no," he replied.

     I hurled the throw pillow in his direction and jutted my tongue at him. "I'm hungry," I then told him.

     "You really are something. You come crashing here to rant about anything and everything and then ask for food. Whoa. This is abuse," he complained.

     "Fine." I got up and walked past him. I suddenly felt ashamed of my behavior toward him. All this time I thought he didn't mind.

     But he was quick to grab my arm. "I'm just joking!" he defended. He pulled me to his dining table and made me sit down. He took something out of his Microwave Oven and poured it into two bowls.

     I remained sulky and didn't speak the entire time. He should feel bad for making me feel bad.

     "Reheated Mac 'N Cheese for dearest mademoiselle," he said as he set the bowls and spoons down the table. "And a tub of vanilla ice cream as an apology for my rude behavior, your majesty," he added as he placed the ice cream beside my bowl of MNC.

     I suppressed a smile of satisfaction. I have tamed very well a wild tiger who used to be a huge pain in everyone's arse.

     "Pray tell me, what caused mademoiselle's distress?"

     I shoved a spoonful of ice cream to his mouth to shut him up with his French fantasies. "I got paired up with Jung Kook in Management Science under Prof. Kang," I told him.

     He emptied his mouth and complained about the ice cream being too cold which I responded with an eye roll. "That's one helluva semester filled with reportings with him. Isn't that to your advantage? I heard there's no partner switching in his class."

     "He hates me. And he doesn't even bother hiding it from me. The guy obviously hates my guts," I whimpered.

-----