Peeping Tom

Always And In All Ways (ON HOLD)

     College is everything that it seemed. Boring, almost zero social life, sleepless nights, stressful. My life is an unending cycle of these. Big events rarely happened. The last time something big happened in the department is when the top student in senior class dropped out last semester.  He was a semester close to graduating. Why the hell would he drop out? I'm still on my second year yet I already want to graduate.

     "Hey." a voice called and I was rammed from the back while I was walking. I almost stumbled over the puddle in front of me.

     I skipped over the puddle and glared at whoever tackled me. JB. Of course. "What's your problem?" I snapped.

     "Ohu! What's got your in a twist early in the morning?" he joked.

     I held my left hand up to check the time on my wristwatch. "It's a quarter past one."

     He just made a face and placed his arm around my shoulders lazily. "How's your schedule? Are we classmates in any subject?" he asked, taking a look at the filecase I was holding. "Bummer. We only have three." he muttered.

     "Believe me. That's a lot." I rolled my eyes.

     He flicked me with his knuckles on the forehead in return. I shot him a glare, not minding the close distance between our faces. He let go of me and laughed as he walked away. "See you tomorrow, Heechan!" He waved his right arm, his back facing me. I turned around and went back to where I came from so he would look like an idiot, waving his hand.

     I made a turn to where the restrooms are upon entering our department's building. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw Jeon Jung Kook in the male's CR through the open door. He is fixing his hair. A smile crept across my face as I got reminded of the day I first knew of the existence of the then shiftee Jung Kook.

     It was a year ago. Same place, same people involved. Their restroom's door was left ajar. But the crack was enough for me to see the light -- the light that had led me to the person I've been looking for in my entire life. My soulmate. I knew it was him when I stopped and stared at his . I usually don't get attracted to abs or any toned part of the body. But when I saw him, it felt different. There was something in him that was different.

     "Are you peeping on me?"

     Oh, . The only difference is this time I got caught. "What? No! Why would I?" I denied.

     He raised an eyebrow as if challenging me. "You were smiling like a creep."

     I mentally kicked myself for being careless. Come on, brain. I need an excuse. "Hey. It's not what it looked like. So don't judge, okay?" I snapped. This guy looks gentle and innocent but he's got a little attitude. "I'm waiting for a friend."

     "There's no one else here aside from me." he countered.

      I put on my best act and acted shocked and betrayed. "That bastard! He's not there!? Urgh, I'm gonna kill him!" I marched away, not daring to look back, with heavy steps to show my supposed annoyance.

     As soon as I rounded a corner, I fished my phone out of my pocket and dialed JB's number.

     "Ya. Eodiya?" I asked as soon as he picked up. My heart was pounding. I just had the first ever conversation with my crush but it was nothing but a colossal fiasco.

     "Home, of course." he replied.

     Why did I have to go back here in the first place? I was already done with registration. Why come here?

     I groaned in frustration. When I saw eyes looking at me, I ran towards the exit. Great. Now I went from a peeping Tom to a weirdo.

~~~~~

     I thumped the door repeatedly with my fist when JB wouldn't open it after I rang the doorbell. My impatience grew as every second passed.

     "I won't open this until you stop pounding this door!" I heard him shout through the intercom.

     I complied and stayed still, but my fist still up in midair.

     As soon as he opened the door, I whacked his head, pretending that I was just about to pound the door but my fist ended up on his head.

     "Oops." I faked.

     He brushed the spot I hit with his palm with a pained face. "Again, what's got your in a twist!?" he cried.

     "So embarrassing!" I exclaimed on his face as I entered his apartment. "I met Jung Kook a while ago! It was the first ever conversation we had!"

     "Yeah? Isn't that a good thing?" he questioned, his tone showing no interest.

     "It could have been if he hadn't caught me gawking at him in the comfort room!" I hollered, flailing my hands in the air. I'm losing it. No, I already lost it. All I have ever wanted for the past year is to strike a conversation with my crush that wouldn't seem creepy but now, my chance of leaving him a good impression of me is all gone. How will I be able to face him after this? I've always had a hard time keeping a poker face every time I crossed path with him in the corridors. Just imagine how much harder it will be from now on.

     "What happened?" he asked.

     "I just told you!" I screamed in frustration.

     He scratched the back of his neck before approaching me. He held my shoulders and then pushed me down the couch to sit. "How did that happen?" he asked again.

     "I was going to the restroom." I started.

     He stood up and marched toward his fridge in the kitchen area in his apartment. "Go on." he urged when he noticed that I paused. He brought out a tub of vanilla ice cream from the freezer and grabbed a spoon.

     "The door to the male's restroom was open." I continued.

     "Again?" He handed me the spoon and the ice cream. "I think I know where this is going."

     "Damn, you do. I freaking saw him inside, fixing his hair!" I said between spoonfuls of ice cream. "I didn't notice that I was already maliciously smiling!"

     "You're creepy." he concluded.

     "That's what he said!" I clamored. "The guy is hot and charming but he's got an attitude." I rumbled.

     "So you don't like him anymore?"

     "I like him just as much." I replied dreamily, hugging the cold tub of ice cream to my chest. 

-----

Jung Kook has an attitude problem. 😂 JB is sweet though, especially when he gave Jun Hee ice cream to calm her nerves. 😍