The Abandoned (Prequel)

The Wounded

"He's not recovering, is he?"

The minty Rottweiler glanced to his right, taking in the man sitting at the desk. 

"No, he's not."

The doctor sighed, standing and moving to stand next to him, gazing through the glass. Seated in a sound-minimalizing room was a sable Collie. Still littered with shallow and healing wounds from the IED, the poor hybrid rocked himself back and forth, twitching hard every now and again as if hearing something he didn't. He had looked miserable from the moment they broguht him in, shivering like a leaf and quick to bar his teeth at any little noise. One intern had dropped a teacup and the Collie had almost started to mutilate himself to escape his cage in fear. 

"He's getting worse, isn't he?"

"Yeah. Jin-"

The doctor sighed, cutting him off. He dropped back down onto his chair, swivelling to scrawl his signature across a document. "I'm still not comfortable with this, Yoongi, but you know that. You really think spending physical time with him will help calm his instincts? I mean, he's been on tour for nearly seven years."

"I really do, Jin. If nothing else, going in there will get him to change, be that for better or worse. But we need to see something or else we'll just find him dead in there one day, hung from his sweatpants."

Jin winced. "Do you really think he'd do it?"

Yoongi ran a hand through his hair, the gesture sticking with him even though he hadn't been a streetfighter in years. "Of course he would. Just going into service means he was already willing to give up his life. He's a Collie - hardwired to take care of others. If he did something and thought he might be a danger to others or that he couldn't recover, he'd have no second thoughts on taking his own life. No different than I was in the cage fights."

Jin nodded slowly, still looking troubled. He pushed the document towards the Rottweiler regardless. "Just . . . make sure to stay safe, okay?"

Yoongi gave him a small smile and ran the back of his knuckles - rough with scarring, even so old - across Jin's cheekbone. "I always am."


This room was nice, he thought. There was very little noise, but not silence. He could hear himself move, his own breaths, the rubber squeal of his shoe soles and the shuffling of his pants. HIs shirt was across the room. The collar was too high - suffocating. 

The door, normally only opened for a quiet elderly lady to give him his food, let in a small man. Apologies, a hybrid. He was a Rottweiler runt with dyed mint hair. His skin was pale and looked soft, like marshmallows. He didn't smile, didn't try to reassure. He just walked in, closed the door and sat down in the middle of the room. 

"I'm Yoongi." The Rottweiler said, voice flat and straightforward. "Min Yoongi. I work here as a kind of therapist - a rehabilitation officer. I've been overseeing you and making the decisions about where you'll be kept and how you'll be cared for. I'm the reason you're in a reduced noise environment. And the last thing I want to see is your suicide."

He flinched, hard. Mostly because he knew the fear was warranted. It is very hard to recover from getting knocked unconscious by your best friend's disembodied arm. Very hard. 

"No one else from your unit survived." Again, flat and monotone - like a mission report. "That means the only person who knows what really happened is you. You don't want to talk. And that's completely fair." A suprising but not unwelcome development. "So I'll tell you about me until you're ready to tell me about you. Sound good?"

He nodded. 

"Okay, Taehyung." He took a deep breath, settling his shoulders and bracing himself. "I was born inside a lab. My parents were breeders and I was the only runt that year. A rich lady wanted me and bought me before I was even born. She wanted me slim and soft and with an uncut tail. That was very important to her. So, after maturing enough to be away from my mother, Iw as given to this lady. She was old, but like dme a lot and took okay care of me. When she died, she left everything she had to a charity, meaning I was without a home and without money. I was picked up from a streetcorner by another old who wanted my cycle. I only have one week-log cycle once a year, which is deceptively mild. He wouldn't take no for an answer. I would up fighting him off and caught the eye of another rich . He decided that my talents weren't partial to the bedroom, but the ring."

The Collie was sitting straighter, not hidden so much inside the protective tangle of his lengthy limbs. His ears, too, were perked and his attention fully devoted. "What kind of ring?"

"A fighting ring." Yoongi casually reached up and scratched at his itchy ear. "Rottweilers are pretty infamous for being vicious fighters and he thought that I would make a nice underdog bet. You know, being a fierce little runt and all that. He would make money on me hand over fist. Fighting's illegal, as you know, so he never stayed in one place very long, making sure that no one had a chance to know my face and learn to bet on me. Long story short, there was a raid on the place we were in somewhere in the Washington DC underground. He was arrested and I was brought to a ty care centre. They brought in a specialist - a combination of MD and vet specifically for hybrids - and he was so appalled with my care that he fostered me and rehabilitated me in his own house."

Taehyung let the pause drag on, but it eventually became clear that Yoongi was done talking. "What was his name?"

"Kim Seokjin." The Rottweiler said the name with a meaningful look and a purposeful inclination of his head. "The very same one looking after you right now."

Taehyung's eyes widened in surprise, then he looked down in shame. "I'm not being very good, am I? I'm sorry. I can't help it. Does my record tell you that I signed up for service as soon as I passed into adulthood?"

That gave the Rottweiler pause. "No. Your masters let you?"

Taehyung shook his head. "My parents were adopted from a lab, but when they were old enough, their masters set them free. They got married under the protections laws and when they had me, I was born free too. I joined right after I finished being a pup. They put me immediately into a hybrid special unit. There were four of us - hybrids, that is. Hongbin, Wonshik and Sanghyuk were all German Shepards, the preferred breed. But I was such a good tracker and I had much stronger protective instincts from being a herder. We each had four human counterparts, thirty to a squad." Taehyung sighed, but didn't drop eye contact or fall into a recessive drop. "I seemed to have extraordinarily bad luck. So many times, I had to jump in front of my squad mates to save them from IEDs or gunfire. I've got scars all over my torso from the bulletwounds. I thought I was getting better at handling it, but I guess I just go numb before I hit my threshold, you know?"

Yoongi nodded. He did, indeed, understand. 

He gave a thick sigh, full of disappointment, of all things. "Did they tell you what sent me here?"

"No. I don't have access to any of your mission records, only your health ones."

"I spotted a half-assed IED sitting half-buried in the sand. Naturally, I ran ahead of the caravan and started to dig it up. I'm supposed to. I'm a bomb disposal dog. You know, I've had bombs blow up in my face before. I've had them set on fire, blow apart comrades, do nothing, fire off in thousands of directions. This one, in particular, hit its timer and just made a little phut noise. The mechanism to detonate the C4 was salvaged off a previous exploded IED, barely intact." Taehyung sighed, curling in on himself again, laying his head on his arms and looking even smaller for it. "It just made a little noise before dying and I lost it."

Yoongi didn't exactly want to press, because this fragile honesty could shatter any second, but he had to try. It would help Taehyung in the long run to express it. "What did you do?"

"Apparently, I threw the bomb into the wasteland away from the road. When my keeper came up to me, I was growling and foaming at the mouth I started to claw at him, but when that didn't work, I tried to pull his jacket out of the way to bite out his throat. Wonshik stopped me, barking really loudly. It sent me skittering and I climbed on top of one of the trucks. Hongbin managed to get up there with me and restrain me while Wonshik got my rifle. The other keepers tranqed me and I woke up in an infirmary with Hongbin sitting next to me. He told me what I did. He moved his chair and the squeal of the legs on the tile made me jump and break out into a cold sweat. I scrambled off the bed and took off. I don't know if I ever had a destination in mind, but I wound up at the gates of the base before they caught me. So much noise . . . I couldn't handle it all. I needed to get away from everything and everyone. It felt like the whole world was trying to crawl inside me and push me out until I burst open."

"Do you feel like that now?"

Taehyung answered immediately, like he had considered the answer for long before Yoongi had ever approached him. "I like it in this room. I am safe here and it is quiet. I'm . . . I'm afraid to leave it. I know I scared that nurse really badly and that's not right. I should be able to handle people dropping things without having a mental break."

Yoongi sat back, leaning on his hands. "After I came out of the ring, I was in a coffee shop with Jin. He wanted me to try some pastry. This guy behind us in line kept nudging me. Made me twitch. He kept up for almost five minutes, but I hit my limit of restraint. I swung around and sent him flying. He smashed right through the glass, over teacups fight into Jin's car. Only Jin's arms around my shoulders pushed away the red mist and stopped me from lunging at him, to beat him to death like I had been for almost six years."

"I had people who cared for me who I attacked. If I wouldn't calm down for them, I won't calm down for anyone."

Yoongi shrugged. "They are all soldiers. I think you need someone who doesn't know what its like to live that life, who can be aware of things like noise and exposure."

" . . . I don't understand."

"I want to talk with you a little bit everyday." An idea occurred to him. "We'll have lunch. And we'll chat. How does that sound? You call tell me all about you, from beginning to end, and I'll tell you anything you want to know about me."

Slowly, Taehyung nodded. "Okay. Maybe, um, if it's okay? Can I meet Seokjin?"

Yoongi broke into his first smile of the evening. "Yeah. I'll bring him in to see you tomorrow for lunch. Sound good?"


"I don't know." Jin was biting his nail worriedly. "We only just got him to talk, to exercise again. Do you really think another person is a good move? Not too fast?"

"Namjoon isn't just anybody, Jinnie."

"Well . . . "

"Just- You brought me into this because you thought I would be the only psychiatrist able to help him. And you're probably right. So let me do what I think is best, a'ight?"

Jin sighed, resigned once more. "Okay. But warn him first."

"Don't be stupid. Of course I will."


"Yoongi, can I ask you a personal question?"

Yoongi didn't even look up from the rice. "'Course. I told you to ask whatever."

"This is a really personal question, though."

"Shoot."

"When did you and Jin-hyung become lovers?"

That gave him pause. "That obvious, huh?"

"Well, not really. It's just- You talk without talking so much. It's kind of wonderful to watch the two of you. You both care for each other so much."

"He was my friend before anything else." Yoongi admitted. "I wouldn't have trusted him to help my body any other way. It came with my cycle. I just couldn't stop thinking about him. I wanted him so much it ached. When it came around the next year, I didn't even think twice about asking him for help. He nearly passed out he was so surprised. After that, we just didn't stop. I know I love him and I know he loves me. I'm not the first hybrid he's fostered. I am the first one he adopted. He also gave me citizenship, which he didn't have to. I knew I would stay with him forever after the coffee shop incident and how gentle he was about it."


Namjoon was less nervous than Jin thought he should be, coming here to meet a total stranger. He watched anxiously from the window when Yoongi told Taehyung he was bringing in the guest. 

Namjoon immediately tripped when he entered the room. 

Yoongi facepalmed desperately hard, but Taehyung rushed over to help, asking if he was alright between contained giggles. When Namjoon smiled and complimented his tail, Taehyung broke out into full on hysterics, giggling like mad and immediately latching onto the producer the way he had only done to Yoongi so far. There was a lot of care and gentle patience in the way that Namjoon treated Taehyung and despite the Collie not noticing it, he seemed to instinctually pick up on it, using Namjoon's presence as a safe haven. Yoongi left them soon after under the pretense of work. Instead, he just joined Jin to watch them from the observation room. 

"What do you think will happen?" Jin asked, gnawing on his nail again. 

"With any luck, Taehyung will latch onto Namjoon and he can be fostered out to him. They'll be good for each other - Namjoon needs some noise in the apartment that's not just him breaking things and Taehyung needs his silence. I told Namjoon to come for lunch here from now on."

"Did you tell Joonie that you want him to foster Tae?"

"Of course. I'm not stupid. He needs to know like that."

"It's just . . . You sound like you're setting them up on a blind date."

"I guess. They're kinda similar."

"I just hope you know what you're doing."

Yoongi scowled, serious this time. "Trust me already!"

"I do, but neither of u have ever dealt with anything as strong and potentially volatile as Taehyung before. I get that you were a fighter, but he's a soldier, GiGi. He's a trained killer, you weren't."

Yoongi looked back at Taehyung, tail wagging as Namjoon spoke about his friend Hoseok trying to teach him how to dance and the catastrophe that followed. The pink-haired man was getting animated, his dimples showing just how much he enjoyed having someone laugh at his clumsiness without being mean. "I know exactly what it means to kill, to feel like you're watchng yourself move as you end someone's life or break their limbs. Taehyung might be a soldier and a more skilled killer, but the problem is still the same. I still jump when someone touches my ears or tail. He'll never be the same, but he can be happy with how he's changed. Namjoon's gonna help me do that with him. Make one more comment about me not knowing how to do my job and I'll have you removed as doctor. He's perfectly healthy, physically, anyways."

"Okay, okay. No need to threaten. I'm here for you just as much as him."

Yoongi sighed, leaning into his lover. "I know."


"You still haven't told me what you actually do, Joonie-hyung." Taehyung said, rolled onto his back, tail lazily passing over the floor. Namjoon was sitting cross-legged near his head, one finger prodding at the tip of his floppy ear. 

"No?" Namjoon smiled, slouching a bit more and shifting his legs to make sure they didn't go numb. "I'm a producer and mixer for a record label."

"Really? What do you do, exactly?"

"I do a lot of songwriting and sound mixing, which means I make the music behind the vocals. Most of the time I make ten or so mixes of a song and the artist or their company decides which one will work best. From there, I add finishing touches to match the artist's vocals and submit it for release."

"Wow." Taehyung's eyes were wide with wonder. "So much work that no one gets to hear. What a shame."

The producer shrugged. "Maybe. I mean, I keep all the mixes. I've had companies come back to me asking for them occasionally when they want to re-release a special album and want a few little extras without having to pay too much for them. Sometimes, if I really like a beat the company doesn't, I keep it and use it for another song, which it usually works better for anyway."

"Sounds to me like you really love your job."

"I do. I wouldn't do it if I didn't." Namjoon stretched and layed himself down next to Taehyung, their faces level even as Taehyung moved to curl himself over the other's head. "You know, I'm one of the smartest people in the country."

"What do you mean?"

"When I graduated high school, I was in the top one percent of the nation's testing index. Teachers and school board officals told me I was a genius and what kind of a brilliant doctor or engineer I would be. Something to apply my intelligence to."

The Collie's face scrunched up. "Sounds boring."

That broke a laugh free from the other man. "Glad to find someone who actually agrees with me. I've known Jin a long time and he was one of the people pushing me to go somewhere big like that. I used to tell him all the time that he should be a singer. He's the kind of handsome companies fall over themselves for and he's got a good voice for it. And look where we wound up - I'm in the music industry and he's working as a doctor. Life's a little strange, isn't it?"

The Collie sighed through his nose, ear twitching. "I grew up on a farm, raised by my grandmother. She had adopted both of my parents as young dogs from their originating lab, but she was entirely human. When they had me, they didn't have the money to take care of me and sent me to live with her in my pup years. I used to chase sheep and geese and chickens all over the place. My grandmother liked watching me run around. She always told me I was the most beautiful puppy she'd ever laid eyes on. She wanted me to go to the big city, to become a model. My parents bought me the most wonderful jacket - beautiful brown leather embroidered with beaded black leather strings - as a going away preset when I left. I think I still have it, actually, somewhere in my luggage. Anyway, I did, for a little bit. I was taken on by a couple of companies to become the face for their male ad campaigns and played as a cute model for ads with girls playing around in them. My grandmother was so proud and told me I was even more beautiful with each passing year, but she didn't like that I'd lost weight doing them, that they wanted me skinny. I called her one night, very conflicted when they wanted to dye my fur. I never minded dying my hair, but my fur . . . I declined afterwards and told her I wanted to join the military. I went home to her for a couple of months. I never stopped thinking about it, so she told me to go. I was only eighteen at the time."

Namjoon just nodded, attention raptly fastened on the Collie. His floppy ear fell straight as he shifted. 

"When I got there, they gave me a few options on how to navigate my position in the army. I chose to become an defusal dog over regular infantry. It was my job to sniff out bombs, weapons and IED supplies. I thought for the first month or so that I was going to die - the smells were awful, even worse than the pollution in the city, and my nose burned so bad my eyes were watering constantly. Not a good mix with a constrained water supply in a desert deployment. Apparently, though, I was still really good at my job. I sniffed out things that the actual dogs never noticed and had the added benefit of herding my unit away from danger. Eventually, I trained as an attack dog as well. I carried rifles and pistols and knives, but mostly my fighting was with fists and teeth." He gave a breathy little laugh. "Most of the muscle mass I had then has melted away now, so I'm not very impressive. I would definitely need retraining if they were going to let me back in." HIs expression broke and he looked away, eyelids fluttering in despair. "But they aren't."

"Sounds to me like you were one hell of an asset. Why wouldn't you go back?"

"Medical discharge. I'm done. My military career is over forever."

"A little weight loss is not that big a deal-"

"I snapped." Taehyung's low voice was weak with upset. "I snapped and tried to kill four members of my unit. The other two dogs, Wonshik and Hongbin, almost died once I was done. Only Taekwoon, the squad commander, and Hakyeon, his lieutenant, were able to restrain me. I was foaming at the mouth and screaming, apparently. I don't remember, just that I woke up, restrained, in the hospital next to Wonshik and Hongbin. They tried to console me, to tell me they weren't mad and that they understood, I know it's unforgiveable. I broke Hongbin's arm in two places and punctured one of Wonshik's lungs when I snapped a rib. Needless to say, the doctors deemed me unstable and had me sent here once I was stable enough to travel. Even that didn't work out well. Any small noise made me startle and rattling or clashing metal made me black out. I did that here, not too long ago, to a nurse. She dropped a tray and I lost my mind. When I woke up, I was in here, covered in bruises and throbbing from where I'd thrown myself at the bars and walls. Not to mention the blood in my mouth from trying to bite through the metal to attack her. I haven't seen Miss Bora since, but I feel awful. I asked Yoongi-hyung to apologise and he said she forgave me, but I don't know if he would say that just to comfort me."

Namjoon reached out a hand, through his hair. "You're a very strong puppy, Taehyung. To go so long in service, purposefully putting yourself in harm's way to save your unit and other units . . . I can't imagine doing something like that. You can't be so hard on yourself. I'm not saying that the things that happened were right, but no one is dead and you're the only one not on your way to recovery."

Taehyung closed his eyes. "I don't know. I have a communications ban on me. I can't talk to anyone from the old unit."

The pain in his heart amplified and he sat up, taking Taehyung by surprise when he pulled the surprisingly light Collie onto his lap, holding him close and pressing his face into his shirt. "Tae, it is what it is. I don't know what I can do to help, but I'm right here. Whenever you need me, however you need me. I'll give you anything that I can - time, patience, love, acceptance, hugs."

Taehyung sniffled. "You don't know me that well. You've only been coming here a couple of months."

"People know each other for years and learn something new every time they see them. I don't need to know someone for more than a few seconds to know when they need help." Namjoon cupped the Collie's jaw and tilted his head up. The angle let him see the tears building behind the black-brown of the puppy's eyes and the slow bob of his Adam's apple as he tried to maintain control of himself. "You know, there is a reason Yoongi brought me here. He's one of my best friends and he's deeply affected by his job. He wants nothing but happiness for his charges, to see you get better, be happy and feel safe inside your own body again. Do you trust his judgement?"

Slowly, as to not dislodge the palm warm on his cheek, the Collie nodded. 

He pressed their foreheads together. "Do you trust me?"

There was a little whimper, lips parted as if to answer but no sound emerging. He just nodded again. 

"I've known Yoongi since Seokjin adopted him, so he's no mystery to me anymore. He wants me to take care of you, to adopt you and give you a home. He thought that I would be the best one to help you. Despite all that, you are still very much free. If he gave me the papers to take you home, would you want to come with me?"

" . . . I'm scared."

Namjoon tightened the arm around his back. "Of what?"

"Of leaving here. It's not hard to push me. I don't want to lose it. I don't know if I'm ready."

"I know you're not ready, puppy." Namjoon cooed. "Take all the time you need, I'm not pushing. I just want to know."

" . . . Yes."

Namjoon readjusted the Collie to more of a laying position than a half-sitting one and his hair until he fell asleep. 


When Namjoon came next, he had in tow two new people. 

"Tae, this is my friend Hoseok." He gestured to the smiley man behind him with soft dark brown hair, who waved. "And this is his new hybrid, Jimin."

The hybrid, a Netherlands Dwarf rabbit with fur matching the same soft orange of his hair, peered around his owner with crescent eyes and cheeks puffed up with a warm grin. His little ears were perked and attentive, so small and cute. 

Namjoon left them standing there, going to sit beside Taehyung and scratch affectionately behind his ears. Of course, the Collie, expression blank with curiosity at the newcomers, melted immediately into the touch and collapsed into the producer's lap. 

"Oh wow." Hoseok, who had gathered his courage first, knelt down a few paces away. "You really weren't kidding."

Taehyung, despite the warm tingles that Namjoon's fingers sent through his body, opened his eyes to stare at Hoseok questioningly. 

"No, I wasn't." Namjoon's voice had dropped an octave and the tone was soft and honeyed, filled with adoration. "He's beautiful, isn't he?"

"Mmm-hmm." Jimin agreed, crouching beside his owner and peering curiously right back at the Collie. 

"Hoseok teaches dance on the weekends." Namjoon said, switching to petting. "His real job, though, is a firefighter."

Taehyung nodded, eyes flickering down to Jimin. "And you?"

"Oh, uh-" Jimin flushed. "I was adopted as a bunny by an elderly couple, but they couldn't take care of me during my cycles and they couldn't afford to find me a mate. They gave me up and I was adopted by another family. We were supposed to move houses, but they couldn't fit me in the car. They promised they'd come back . . . "

Hoseok wrapped an arm around his rabbit, kissing between his ears. "There was faulty wiring in the house and it caught fire over the two days Jimin was waiting. He'd been sleeping and the fire detectors didn't have any batteries. I found him unconscious and suffering from smoke inhilation on the floor of the living room."

"Oh, bunny." Taehyung cooed, sitting up. He down the other hybrid's ear. "I'm sorry."

Jimin gave back a slightly watery smile. "It's okay. They weren't coming back for me and didn't come to claim me even after the hospital told them where I was. I've got Hoseok now. Even better, I'm not stuck in the house. I teach dance during the week when Hoseok's at work. It's better than anything I was dreaming of before."

Taehyung nodded, playing wiwth his ear a little bit more before laying back down on Namjoon's lap. "Still . . ."

"Well, what about you?" Jimin questioned back. "What did you do before?"

"I was a soldier."

"Wow!" Hoseok's smile got wider. "I can't imagine . . . That must have been terrifying."

"But you run into burning buildings for a living?"

Hoseok tutted. "That's different than facing down another army. It's unlikely I'll ever be killed by a fire. I can't imagine waking up every day knowing you're in a battlefield."

Taehyung giggled. "You're making it sound a lot more dramatic than it is."

"Then what was it like?"

"It was mostly walking through the desert." The Collie rolled onto his side to face them better. "I spent most of my time escorting supply caravans. I sniffed for bombs and fought off the occasional assailant looking to steal from the trucks."

Jimin shivered. "You're much braver than I am. I couldn't do that."

"His records are sealed now, but his commander was very upset to hear of his medical discharge."

They all turned towards the door to find Seokjin and Yoongi standing there. The doctor's grin was a little crooked, but the Rottweiler seemed pleased. 

Taehyung scrambled to his feet. "You spoke with Taekwoonie-hyung?"

Seokjin nodded. "And Hakyeon and Hongbin and Wonshik. They aren't allowed to talk to you because the initial assessment said you would likely snap at their voices and relapse. They call and ask about you, though. A lot."

Namjoon pulled the Collie back down into his lap just before he started to cry. 


It was weeks later when the door to Taehyung's room opened and a pair of combat boots walked in. 

He looked up from the mendalla colouring book Namjoon had bought him and his jaw hit the floor. "Bean?"

Hongbin's lips twitched up, but it was clear the Australian Shepard was struggling with his own emotions. His arm was fully mobile, it looked like, with only a light brace around the elbow. "Hey Tae."

He scrambled to his feet and lauched himself at his comrade. Hongbin hugged him right back, body trembling with pent up feelings. 

"We come all this way to see you and all you can do is cling to Hongbin? No fair."

Behind Hongbin were his fellow hybrids, the German Shepard Wonshik and the Great Dane Sanghyuk. Jaehwan, their turretman, Hakyeon and Taekwoon were standing off to the side as the other hybrids dog-piled their old friend. 

"What happened? How are you all here?" Taehyung squealed, laughing as Sanghyuk started to tickle him. 

"The comms ban was lifted." Taekwoon answered in his signature murmur. "Your doctor, Seokjin, I think, was very persuasive."

"So . . . So, we can see each other again?" He whimpered. 

Wonshik gave him a sloppy, playful kiss on the cheek. "Yes we can, puppy!"

Hakyeon sighed. "You're a dog too, Wonshik."

Wonshik pouted and Taehyung laughed so hard he cried. 



Jungkook sat in quiet awe as Taehyung finished talking. 

"That sounds like it was awful."

"Well, it wasn't great." Taehyung cocked his head, but his smile was pure and genuine and bright. "But I've definitely come out on top."

Jungkook threw himself on top of the Collie, hugging him around the waist. "Don't worry. I won't ever let you go."

The Collie stifled an enamoured coo. "Since my comrades retired, I've been training with them again. I won't let anything happen to you either, Kookie."

"I know you won't." Jungkook nuzzled into his mate. "You love Namjoonie-hyung and me too much."