Insecurities Arise

Outcast

Music blasted throughout the fan cooled dance room as various pairs of feet vigorously stomped and slid across the shiny floor. The members of the famous boyband Got7 were once again practicing their new hit song 'Fly'. Their bodies swiftly moved with the beat as they went through the steps in sync with each other. Halfway through  the dance, a member suddenly missed a step, throwing off the whole routine. Loud groans filled the room as the music was abruptly stopped. 5 pairs of eyes flew to the cause of their failed objective, each pair holding either annoyance, anger, or frustration, but none compared to the one set of eyes that held all three. "Yah, Choi Youngjae!" yelled the leader of the group, Im Jaebum. "What is up with you today?! We've been practing for hours yet you can't seem to get the ing dance right!" Youngjae silently whimpered, feeling immensely guilty for being the reason the group had to practice consecutively for hours due to his constant mistakes. Youngjae looked up, but quickly averted his eyes to the floor. His heart ached with sadness as he witnessed the stares s were giving him, none which held compassion.Tears brimmed at the corners of his eyes as he quickly in air. "We're all dead tired Youngjae, you need to get this dance right. We have a concert in less than a week and you're the only one who keeps making huge mistakes!" Jinyoung stated, annoyance evident in his tone. "Lets just call it for today, we've been practicing nonstop, we need rest" came out Mark's voice. The maknae line (with the exception of Youngjae) nodded along. Jaebum, keeping his heated gaze on Youngjae, then turned to look at the rest of the members and sighed "Fine, but we're waking up early tomorrow to start practicing again." Yugyeom and BamBam immediately dashed for the door followed by the others. Jaebum walked to the door but then stopped and turned around. He looked Youngjae up and down, meanwhile Youngjae kept his gaze on the floor forcing his tears to stay in place not wanting his leader to see them. 'No need for him to find me even more pathetic' is what ran across Youngjae's mind as he felt his hyung's eyes on him. His hands then fisted his worn out jeans and as he heard Jaebum sigh. "Go get some rest Youngjae" is what came out of his hyung's mouth and Youngjae painfully noted that there was no soft tone to it. "You go first hyung, I need to do something real quick" rasped out Youngjae, mentally kicking himself for hearing is voice come out so weak and pathetic. "Okay, but make sure to get back to the dorm quickly" was the last thing he heard before the sound of footsteps gradually faded. Youngjae stayed standing in his current position for another minute before the sound of a choked cry filled the room. His knees trembled and seconds later he went crashing down. His hands clawed at his chest as endless streams of tears fell from his eyes. He looked at himself in the dance mirror with disgust, one hand still clawing at his chest while the other one went to fist at his hair, pulling it in agony. His vision soon became blurry with tears and the sound of heartbroken sobs that racked through Youngjae's ears was soon muted with the self loathing and hate that filled his mind.