Determination

Outcast

Choi Youngjae always knew he would never fit in with Got7's 'little family'. He just knew that he couldn't compete with what they already had. They'd been together for years, meanwhile Youngjae just got thrown into the mix without warning. He reminded himself every day that he would never be good enough, that he would never be as manly and chic like their leader Jaebum, that he would never be wild and y like Jackson, never be as loving and caring like Jinyoung, never be as cute as BamBam, never be as perfect as Mark, never be a good dancer like their maknae Yugyeom. He reminded himself every single damn day. When he first joined Got7 he expected the members to ignore him, to not really pay much attention to him, because he was Youngjae, and no one cared about Youngjae. Atleast that was he thought. He daily picked out flaws in himself, but with the amount of 'love' and 'support' each of the members gave him, he gradually forgot his insecurities. He let himself smile and be happy, deciding to believe in the compliments the others showered him in. But recently his insecurities have resurfaced, he didn't know when or why, but they slowly started creeping back into his mind. The members began noticing that Youngjae was always looking uneasy but they brushed it off thinking it was due to the amount of concerts they've been having.  How wrong they were.

*7 minutes later*

Youngjae stared back into his reflection after having calmed down, his eyes were lifeless as he stared himself down in the mirror. He remembered the stares of annoyance and anger that where directed at him earlier on, and he couldn't help but let out a whimper of sadness. 'Why are you such a up Choi Youngjae!' he thought as he looked into the mirror. He remembered the way the others would groan at the fact that once again Youngjae had messed up their dance routine. A wave of anger suddenly flooded his system. "Why the are they angry?! They should know by now that they shouldn't expect much from someone like me! Of course they would know, that's probably all they think about when they look at me, how pathetic and useless I am" he said to himself in the quiet room. Youngjae then lifted his shirt up and pinched at his stomach, 'ing slob' was all he could think about when he pinched at the extra skin around his abdomen. 'No wonder you don't fit in, look at you. No one wants a fatass.' He let his shirt drop and then proceeded to examine his face. 'Jesus christ, how did you even make it into the group? Was Jyp that desperate that he let you join?' As these thoughts continued running through his head he turned his back to the mirror, disgusted with himself. His hand balled into fists, his knuckles turning white. 'Why the hell can't I be like them?! Why am I so talentless?!' He knew he constantly got praised because of his voice, but that wasn't enough for Youngjae. He wanted to be better than Jinyoung and Jaebum, he wanted to dance better than Yugyeom, he wanted to be cuter than BamBam, ier than Jackson, and he wanted to make fans swoon way more than Mark could. He wanted these things so badly, he wanted the others to look at him in awe and amazement, he wanted the others to know he was always there, that he mattered alot, that he was just as good as them if not better. 'so why haven't you done anything about it?' the question he asked himself hit him like a train. Why hadn't he done anything about it? He constantly ed about not being on the other's level, yet he never did a single thing to change that. He stayed quiet for a good 5 minutes before his eyes hardened over. He would change, he would show them that he was more than just Youngjae Got7's vocal. He would be much better than Jinyoung and Jaebum when it came to singing, he would be ier than Jackson, much cuter than BamBam, when he would dance Yugyeom's dance will be compared to his, and he would have much more fans that went crazy over him than Mark ever did. With a new sense of confidence and determination he promised himself that he would achieve all these, no matter the cost. He already knew he would never fit in with the rest, so he decided to not even try and pretend like he fitted in with their little family. He would be on his own. He would still be with Got7, but when fans thought of him, they wouldn't think about anyone else. He didn't need to be their family, as long as he was better than them. He once again lifted up his shirt and pinched his stomach, 'might as well start somewhere right?' He thought. 'I need to lose this fat anyways.' He once again faced the mirror and with a final look at himself, he headed out the door towards the dorm. 'We'll see who's useless' was all he thought as he made his was out the company.