Chapter 2

Promise

" So where is your idol at? S-e-o B-o-m-i? " Jiyeon smirked as she gestured for everyone to gather. 

It was already 8pm... Sandeul was nowhere to be seen! He wasn't even picking up his calls! 

" I... I-"

You tried to explain but everyone was already folding their arms and sneering at you.

" Look Bomi... we know you are a liar! " a classmate exclaimed from the corner. 

" I'm not! " you tried to defend yourself when all of a sudden...

Jiyeon fished out her phone and turned a live preview of B1A4's fan meeting. It was LIVE! 

You felt a huge piercing in your stomach and your eyes started to feel a little warm... 

" See Bomi? You're such a cute little liar... Sandeul at our after party? You've been telling us that all year long..." Jiyeon added in.

Hyejin tried to stop Jiyeon but it was too late. 

Jiyeon was right. There was no evidence that Sandeul was your boyfriend. Even the pictures were deemed fake by her.

Hot tears streamed down your face... 

" Why does she hate me so much?! What did I ever do to her? Sandeul you too... be gone with your damned idol life " 

You threw the roses away and quickly headed towards the bus stop. 

" Liar! Betrayer! You promised to come to my graduation..." you continued to mumble to yourself as you slowly took off the robe that you had been donning for half a day.

Junyeol laid his eyes on you and quickly fixed his attention else where. He could still hear you curse and whine about how your boyfriend didn't attend your graduation.

" Pfft. Crazy young lady... shouldn't you be attending your graduation with your parents? Ungrateful brat..." Junyeol thought to himself.

He was there to attend his girlfriend's graduation. He was going to surprise her when he witnessed her wrapping her arms around a stranger. It was definitely not her older brother. They kissed! All he could do was laugh and walk away. After all, he was just a university drop out, he had been working all day and night trying to cover his tuition fees and buy her gifts. 

" Damn Jiyeon " Junyeol whispered to himself. 

He slightly tilted his head to watch you. You were sobbing into your robe. He felt sorry for you but it was also time for his bus to come. 

" I'm sorry that he wasn't able to attend your graduation. You can have this. Eat it on your way home. You will feel better." 

Junyeol mustered up the courage and passed the box of chocolates to you. It was such a waste to just throw the chocolates away.

He could buy 10 kimbaps with that amount of money. 

" I-" 

He was already gone before you could say thank you. 

" A box of chocolates will cure this pain... " you wiped off the tears and waited for your bus patiently. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" I'm so sorry I'm late! "

Sandeul pushed the doors open and was greeted by a group of university students gawking at him. 

It was 9:30pm. The managers had allowed him to go for a little while before heading back to the office again to work on their next album. 

" It's Sandeul! " a group of girls ran towards him and tried to get a photo of him. 

Sandeul let out an awkward smile and made his way to the middle of the hall to get a better look. 

Still no sight of Bomi. She would have been very easy to spot. She's a little tall compared to other girls. Sandeul could easily recognize her even if she was standing in a street filled with people. 

" Are you looking for Bomi?" Hyejin approached him.

His eyes opened a little and he nodded. 

" You should probably call her. " Hyejin explained the situation to Sandeul and glared at Jiyeon. 

" WHAT?! Bomi is no liar.. I was just a little late..." 

Sandeul ran to the nearest bus stop and frantically tried calling you. 

' The number you have dialled is not available. Please try again later.'

Sandeul scanned the area around him and discovered a bunch of trashed roses and robe. He grabbed them and ran around the entire area in search of you. 

It was not like you to switch off your phone. 

" Jinyoung hyung, she's mad. What should I do? " Sandeul panicked as he tried to explain to Jinyoung on the phone. 

" Head down to Shinseoldong. We're eating right now. We can talk there and come up with a solution for you. " 

Sandeul rushed to hail a taxi down and made his way to a restaurant in Shinseoldong. 

It was a pretty quiet neighbourhood with lots of places to eat at. He easily spotted the other members in the restaurant. They were all wearing a black cap on the top of their heads. Like as if that would help Sandeul thought.

" So she's gone? " Baro questioned Sandeul with his mouth full.

" I just checked. She deleted all of our pictures on kakaotalk. It's empty! She's never acted like this..."

Gongchan shook his head and passed Sandeul a can of soda. 

" Hyung, this is why you shouldn't make empty promises to Bomi. This time, I think Bomi is going to leave you real good." 

Sandeul glared at Gongchan and raised his hands up to order his food.

" You're eating at a time like this? " Shinwoo lowered his spoon and fixed his gaze on Sandeul.

" I need to eat. I've been starving the whole day..."

The waiter finally attended to him and took down his order.

" WAIT! Add in another bowl of rice!" Sandeul raised his voice.

Junyeol nodded and took down his customer's order. There was no need to shout in a restaurant with no customers. Junyeol never understood customers like Sandeul. He slowly sliced the kimbap with extra meat and served them neatly in a plate. 

" Ah! Rice! " Junyeol thought to himself and rushed to scoop a bowl of rice.

He unlocked the rice cooker and the steam overpowered him. The one thing that Junyeol hated the most was scooping rice, the heat from the steam was too unbearable for him. 

" Here you go. Please eat well. " Junyeol bowed and walked away from the table. 

Sandeul chowed down on the food that he had ordered. If there was one thing more important than Bomi. It was food.

Jinyoung couldn't help but sigh...

" Don't you feel sorry for Bomi? I think it's time for you t-" 

" Hyung, she's just a little kid. I mean thinking about it now.. she shouldn't have left the party like a baby. Did she really think I wouldn't go to her graduation? She will call me tomorrow..." Sandeul laughed and tried to defend himself.

" Seems like the food calmed him down..." Shinwoo rolled his eyes and chewed the last few bits of his food. 

Junyeol's eyes widened as he listened to Sandeul's conversation with the boys. It was eerily similar to the girl who was crying at the bus stop because her boyfriend wasn't able to attend her graduation.

One thing about working at this restaurant.. there was barely any customers. So in his free time, he would catch hold of interesting conversations. You could hear everything. 

" You're really not going to go find her? " Baro tried to confirm with Sandeul.

" Yeah, she'll come back tomorrow either way..." 

Junyeol smirked as he heard that statement. The same statement that Jiyeon always used.