Christmas Eve

Thinking Out Loud - Holiday Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note:  Happy reading!

 

Youngji combed her fingers through the still damp parts of her hair, silently cursing Wang Jackson under her breath, while waiting to be let in at his apartment building’s garage floor entrance.  Thirty  minutes ago, she had just gotten out of the shower and was getting ready for bed, when her hand phone was suddenly flooded with his messages. 

 

Youngji, eodiya?

Are you at home? Pick up.

Youngji-ah?

Are you asleep already?

Wake up!

Seolma!

Youngji??

 

Her phone rings immediately after the last message.  “Yah! Wang Jackson!” Youngji sighs into the phone annoyed at his disruption of her coveted down time.  She had back-to-back schedules earlier despite it being Christmas Eve.  Then, her cousins and extended family were over for big dinner. 

 

“Oh good, you’re still up.” Jackson says by way of greeting. Youngji rolls her eyes. “Come out and play with me.  We’re having a party at the dorm.”

 

Youngji glances at her wall clock.  “At this hour?"  Jackson never fails to take her along for his last minute, spontaneous plans.  "It’s almost midnight, I had such a long--”

 

“We’re just getting started…come on, it’s not that late.  Everybody’s already on their way here.”  He reasons. 

 

She looks at her bare face reflection in the vanity mirror.  Skin still pinkish from the hot shower. 

 

Her mind works, trying to go over her reasons to decline, but thinks of reasons to go instead.  It won’t take long to get there.  Her schedule is free tomorrow.  It would be nice to see her friends after a long time.  She hasn’t hung out with Jackson in over a month.

 

“I want to see you.” He says as if reading her thoughts.  “Come on! You have to be here. You're my best friend.” Jackson begs knowing she doesn’t really want to say no.

 

Her resolve begins to wain. “Pleeeaaase?” he begs, dragging out the word.  If Youngji could see him right now, she bets he has that puppy dog look in his eyes. He has oft convinced her to do more outrageous things with those eyes.

 

“Fiiiiine.” She agrees, giving in.  “I’ll just get ready first an--.”

 

“Yah, just hurry over,” He interrupts.  “With or without makeup you look—“Youngji hangs up in the middle of his sentence.

 

“…the same.” Jackson finishes, after the click of the line.  He looks down at his phone and shakes his head, but can’t help but feel satisfied anyway.

 

Youngji swiftly applies BB cream to her face spreading it on in what she hopes is an even application.  She then takes to her wet hair with the blow dryer on full blast to dry it as much as possible before she goes out into the cold, winter night.  After she parks, Youngji dabs a berry tint to her lips with her finger before making h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter