002

Good for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

—I have a question.

—What? Tell me.

Jackson took his time to get the right words.

—What were you thinking about when crossing the streets? I kept trying to find a reason but I can't.

—It was only a distraction. I was thinking about other things and didn't see the traffic light.

—Is it true? Aren't you lying to me?

Mark sighed. After all, who could stop his friend when he is curious about something?

—My job. Today was really hard and I couldn't concentrate on anything but on that.

—Really? There was a customer who makes complaints? —Jackson frowned—. Or it's about your work team.

—Yeah.

Sincerely, the older didn't want to talk about it. He felt he was going to cry again and that wasn't what he expected to do in their first encounter after long time not seeing each other.

—Probably they're acting like es so don't waste time worrying about them. They're not worth, I'm sure.

—I know. It's just- people is so ungrateful. I don't know what to do. Nothing is enough for them. I'm kind with them and after, they only speak bad things about me on my back, or how none recognize what they do, even if it's just the 5% of the work they should do.

That was something he couldn't understand: why people wanted recognition when they did almost nothing? Mark had worked so much, had put so much effort in everything he did that a gratification just because he believed he deserved it was nevertheless on his mind.

—Calm down, hyung —Jackson said soothing words to him as he dried the tears the older didn't notice falling from his eyes—. They don't deserve your tears or even your sadness. You're doing it right so stop worrying, ok?

He listened. Mark was sure every word had entered on his brain, but he couldn't fully concentrate on them when his friend's eyes were looking straight onto his, like he was watching through his soul.

—Ok.

It was just a murmur as he tried to gather his senses and remember why he shouldn't feel his heart racing its beat because of Jackson's warm treatment. But the embrace he was on made it even harder. Now Mark noticed how much he missed his friend's hugs. It were so warm and full of a sensation of security the older hadn't felt in years.

—Do you want me to walk you home or want to stay here? I don't mind sleeping on the couch.

The older pondered the options Jackson gave him. Go back home wasn't a bad idea. But staying inside the four walls completely alone... didn't seem like the best plan he had.

—Maybe...

Jackson blinked a few times before asking, not breaking the hug.

—What?

—I want to stay here... —he backed away a bit, looking ashamed— with you.

—Really? Are you sure? I don't want you to feel pressure. I am not forcing you, right?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter