{Final}

The Lanterns
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You had been waiting in the park you boyfriend had asked to meet you at. The two of you had been together for about a year and half now, but these past 3 months he had either been 2 hours late to all your dates or just completely blew it off, not even bothering to say sorry or an excuse when you returned home so late at night from waiting for him. You had already been waiting an hour and couldn’t handle all the whistling from passing by men, yes your boyfriend, had probably blown you off yet again.

 

You grabbed your purse and ran to the apartment you shared with you boyfriend, today was the day you were going to move out. Your selfish boyfriend had completely blown you off on your favorite festival, the water lantern festival, you had even dressed up in your short red kimono.

You pulled your phone out as you walked the short distance to the apartment, calling a good old friend of yours.

 

“Yoboseyo?” His voice chimed through the phone.

 

“Kai?” You replied, voice cracking as a few tears started streaming down your cheeks.

 

“Mary-ah, what’s wrong?” Your friend asked, concern in his voice through the phone.

 

“Sehun, didn’t show… I’m going to break up with him, can you pick me up from our apartment?” You asked rubbing your tears with the back of your hand.

 

“Of course, Mary, see you soon.” You felt a ray of light appear in your stomach at his words.

 

“Thank you.” You hung up and put your phone into your purse, pulling out your keys and unlocking the apartment door.

 

As usual Sehun wasn’t even at home. Once you got into your room you pulled your suitcase out from under the bed the two of you shared and put it on the bed, opened. Scurrying around the room you placed your clothes in the suitcase and some other personal belongings.

 

Deciding that you had everything you wanted you zipped up your suitcase and dragged it out of the bedroom, some tears still leaving your eyes. You slipped back on your wooden sandals. Right when you were about to exit the apartment, the door swung open and you fell back down, not wanting to be hit be the door. Behind the door was Sehun with someone behind him.

 

“Mary? Why are you all dressed up?” Sehun asked, sushing whoever was behind him.


You wiped the tears off your face and got back up to your feet. “If you can’t even remember our date then that makes breaking up with you easier.”

“Today is the Ziyuan Water Festival.” The person behind Sehun whispered loud enough for you to hear.

 

“See, your new girlfriend knows what today is, have fun with him.” You stormed out the door only to have you wrist grabbed by Sehun’s new girlfriend.

 

“I’m sorry… Sehun, said he’d been wanting to find out a way to tell you that he’s..um, gay… My name is Luhan by the way…” You yanked your arm out of his grip and bumped into someone, not bothering who it was and enjoyed their embrace.

 

Recognizing the cologne you looked up at Kai. “You’re going to regret ever asking her out Sehun.” He grabbed your suitcase in one hand and your hand in another.

 

Kai’s grip around your wrist was tight. “K-Kai, yo-you're hurting me…” You piped up once you were outside.

 

Kai stopped and let go of your arm, looking down, “I’m sorry.”

 

You felt something in your stomach, but ignored it and thanked Kai for picking you up. The car

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter